Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Raith

Agree with all that but would add Paton doesn't have enough pace out wide.

Also agree, the frustration is that the formation McGhee has us playing doesn't balance with the playing staff he has at his disposal, and there's going to be alot of disappointed faces in the forward positions when (if) everyone is fit - hence Paton, in allegedly turning down his loan move, can't afford to sulk about not getting a game, and needs to force himself in wherever he can.

Disappointing though it is for Paton and the others, the goalscoring exploits of Vernon is giving us something to be positive about.  Whisper this very softly though - is Vernon the goal-grabber we've been waiting for?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cracks are there for all to see, our whole midfield is out injured the squad players we have arnt going to cut it! Really worried that we didnt take in a full back!

On the other hand this is the type of game in previous years we could have easily lost so on that note thing it was a good result - shame the performance didnt match

What's the story with Stoney?

Thought all was rosy in the garden ???

I think this win against lower league opposition is just papering over the cracks... much like how a massive win against FC Kobenhavn and a draw against Bayern Munchen were just papering over the cracks.

I see what you are saying but this round of crack papering didn't make me cum in my pants the way those other two did.

Aberdeen FC skipper could be out for eight weeks

Medical staff to assess injury

By Charlie Allan

Published: 23/09/2010

INJURED: Aberdeen FC's Paul Hartley shows his hamstring injury.

More Pictures

ABERDEEN FC today confirmed they fear injured skipper Paul Hartley could be sidelined for up to two months.

Aberdeen FC talisman Hartley hobbled off during the second half of the 3-2 Co-Operative Insurance Cup win over Raith Rovers after suffering a hamstring injury.

The 33-year-old will find out how bad the injury is when he is examined by the club’s medical staff today.

But manager Mark McGhee admitted he is bracing himself for bad news over Hartley.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1930025#ixzz10LkphUfp

The Draw for the Fourth Round of The Co-operative Insurance Cup will take place as follows:

THURSDAY, 23rd SEPTEMBER, 2010

HAMPDEN PARK

2:30 p.m.

Aberdeen

Celtic

Rangers

Dundee Utd

Kilmarnock

St Johnstone

Falkirk

Motherwell

Who do we want? Home draw for me please, Falkirk or St J.

Wasn't at the game and obviously no commentary but I'd delighted with the win last night.

Raith are a decent side as has been shown by their start in the first this season.  County and Falkirk both caused significant problems for other SPL sides and we seem to have done better against a (so far this season) better side.

On top of that we came back from a 2-1 down which must be the first time in years.

Added to that we have a striker with 4 in 3.  Fuck me even if he doesn't score again this season he'll have done as well as many of our "strikers" have done in the last two years.

Obviously dissapointing that the defence sounds like it still a shambles and having Hartley missing will be a big loss, as much as because we have virtually no cover than anything else.

Won't add to the fullbacks/wide players/Paton chat as we all know it, just a shame MMc didn't/doesn't.

As for the draw I'd take anyone at home outside the OF who look like they will stroll through this season.

Thought Mackie came on and changed the game a bit last night. Apart from the one glorious chance he missed, he done really well. Fought for everything. And Vujadinovi? looks like he could be a tidy player but not at full back

When Mackie came on last night the radio commentator said that Mackie is loathed by the entire Aberdeen support and Richard Gordon took great offence, then Steve Tosh said his nickname in the dressing room was "boo" due to the reaction of the crowd when he came onto the pitch  :o I was quite embarrassed listening to that  ;D

What was Hartleys 'celebration' all about after he scored his penalty?

Incidentally it was never in a million years a penalty. We got very very lucky with that decision.  :o

Their number 5 was trying to psyche him out while he was getting ready to take it, so he scored and pointed out in no uncertain terms that the guy was a massive great slag.

And agree. Looked about 2 feet outside the box!