Paul Hartley

Massive wages for someone who can't really run seems daft. After McNamara I'd hate to see us going down the exact same route again.

Didn't see the game but Folly sounds like a better option. Bout time we tried bringin Josh Walker back on loan too. Doubt we'd pay much more in wages for both of them than for Hartley on his own.

Massive wages for someone who can't really run seems daft. After McNamara I'd hate to see us going down the exact same route again.

Didn't see the game but Folly sounds like a better option. Bout time we tried bringin Josh Walker back on loan too. Doubt we'd pay much more in wages for both of them than for Hartley on his own.

Possibly even a signing? Has been loaned out over the last 3 years.

Regrettably even now he is still probably better than what we have in his position. Not my favourite player by any means but if he improves the squad . . . .

yeah, I think he would improve us. However, I did say i'd take him, I just want an experienced, decent player who can come in to the spine of our team.  Not arsed if it's Hartley, I just want someone who's going to do that sort of job.

yip, would take Hartley no bother.  Watched bits of him on the Football league show and he seemed to be popping up with goals and assists at Bristol City.  No sure if this Lee Hendrie thing is right or no but having players like that, taking over from Kerr and MacDonald would suit me.  Experience at last!!  Both can play right and centre which is good.

Ive disliked Hartley for a long time as he seems to be a cocky full of himself type.  That said he is a bit rough and ready and not your typical football hair, car and WAG type so maybe he likes football more than the glamour.  Which would be okay.  Would take a fair time to warm to him though.

Do think we need an older head or two as new signings.

I'd be delighted if we managed to sign hartley, obviously hearts can offer more money but didn't hartley fall out with mad vlad when he was at hearts first time round?

He was indeed, however he said:

“I would never say never, “ he said about re-joining the Jambos. “ I had a great time at Hearts, even with what happened with the ‘Riccarton Three’.

“I left on good terms when I went to Celtic so I don’t know. I have another year left on my contract here.

I don't particularly like Hartley on a personal level, however that can be said for most of the Aberdeen first team, the management team, the board, the tea lady...

All that matters to me is if the team with Hartley in it is better than a team without him, and it would be better, so he's a decent enough signing for me. Not a long term solution, but would be happy to see him here next season.

Good beard too.