Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Being realistic

What players do we think AFC will sign?  We've heard almost no talk of what's available in the pot for McGhee to spend.  Personally, even though the transfer window is open I'm dubious of what players (well caliber of players) we can afford to get.  Moutinho or Benji going away on free transfers, and no spark of interest from up here, worries me.  If this carries on and we're relying on kids ( i.e. Grimmer and Fyvie) too much, that haven't had that much SPL experience could be too much for them.  I know they have been trained well but they shouldn't be relied on and should have experienced midfielders to help them attain their goal.

I'll happily say as a person who hasn't been able to get to a game in 6 months that this is a bloody hellish state of affairs..

Not sure about what players in terms of names, but we presumably need at the very least a goalkeeper, a left back, two central midfielders, a wide player and a striker. I'd argue to have any chance of success we need 10 new players, and in that I mean first team players but the chances are we'll go with you and try and get most of the above signed up, although I did read the club saying left back is not a priority.

McGhee said in the paper a couple of weeks ago that he had more money available to him than he did at the start of last season.

That would be more down to the fact that we have far less players currently under contract and so there's more of the budget freed up, rather than the budget being bigger.

McGhee said in the paper a couple of weeks ago that he had more money available to him than he did at the start of last season.

He says a lot.

More than last season doesn't mean much and as Penfold says, his budget is a different thing from the money available to him given the number of "high" earners recently departed.

Same shite, different toilet. AFC's destiny awaits.

lets sign the kiwi who was on hols from the bank to play at the world cup, a couple of North Koreans ( the exhalted one would happily lend MMG a couple of citizens) and most of the Ross county team. Forgot to mention the cave brown boy who's still unemployed. Sure we could switch him from RB to LB.

Guest donindundonald

WE ARE FUCKED AND WILL BE SWAPPING PLACES WITH THE 1ST DIVISION CHAMPS NEXT SEASON

PROB NO MORE THAN THE BOARD DESERVE TOO.