Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Goalkeepers

Going on the no. of players who were leaving already and the number he said he needed to get in.

But Nelson was one who was leaving already and of the number he said we needed there's still 6+ unaccounted for. I don't see that anything has changed.

Depending on what kind of ability and deal is available, I'd rather we got a back up keeper on loan. No point spending the wages on a player as poor as Nelson.

But Nelson was one who was leaving already and of the number he said we needed there's still 6+ unaccounted for. I don't see that anything has changed.

Depending on what kind of ability and deal is available, I'd rather we got a back up keeper on loan. No point spending the wages on a player as poor as Nelson.

I thought he was ok in both of his games I saw.

Nelson was offered a contract to stay according to the DoF.

???

I always thought he looked at least as good as Clangers. Not that he was ever given that much of a chunce.

Each to their own but I thought Nelson was gash. Worse than Langfield on a bad day.

But as to the original post, Nelson may have been offered a contract a month or so back, but Bain was allowed to leave only in the last couple days. That strikes me as a blindingly obvious indication that Mcghee is looking for another keeper on his infamous list of 1 and a half billion transfer targets.

Seemed a bit like the tone of this thread started off as a weak excuse to have a go at dingus over yet another thing.

I don't understand how you could possibly know that? ??? I never saw him concede a goal.

Off the top of my head he conceded 3 against Falkirk and 1 against St J. The game against St Johnstone in particular he didn't have a clue how to deal with crosses. The goal was unlucky but he could've conceded a few earlier. Can't remember any other games he played.

What did anyone see that indicated he was any good??

Admittedly he must be better than than a st mirren reserve though fucksake.

Off the top of my head he conceded 3 against Falkirk and 1 against St J. The game against St Johnstone in particular he didn't have a clue how to deal with crosses. The goal was unlucky but he could've conceded a few earlier. Can't remember any other games he played.

Agree with this, the St J's game in particular did not inspire any sort of confidence. Came for stuff he should never have come for and stayed on his line when he should have been claiming the cross.

I thought he played well against Hull and he also impressed in another game I saw him in. I think I only saw him in two but admittedly I can't even remember who the 2nd one was against.

I'm not worried though. The St. Mirren #2 will provide competition for Clangers.  :-\

I think Langfield still has a year on his contract.

Think your right and as far as I can see Howard still has a year to run with the Paisley Junkies so would expect them to be looking for a fee which would finish our interest.

ABERDEEN FC were today warned they could have to pay a fee to secure keeper Mark Howard from St Mirren.

Howard, 23, has been reported to be on Aberdeen FC boss Mark McGhee’s radar.

However, Howard is contracted to the Buddies until summer 2011. St Mirren boss Danny Lennon said: “Mark still has a year left on his contract so I would have to discuss with the board to see if a fee would be involved if anyone was to show an interest in him.”

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1799723#ixzz0sEryaHVf

• 2 weeks later...
Aberdeen FC in talks over St Mirren keeper

McGhee hoping to seal deal with Howard

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 09/07/2010

ABERDEEN FC today hoped to seal a deal for St Mirren keeper Mark Howard.

Manager Mark McGhee confirmed they have made an official approach to the Buddies as they bid to bring the 23-year-old in as back-up to Jamie Langfield.

McGhee said: “We should know today whether we can get something sorted out with Mark.”