Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Preseason games

For my own sanity, I hope neither of these games take place. The forums will be full of wannabe casuals typing things like "this could get tasty!!!!!", "I reckon this one is gonna GO OFF lol", and "lot of ladz up for this one!!!!!".

Oh, and posting videos of "trouble".

Loathsome.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be any trouble, Aberdeen only take numbers down South for Saturday games.

I recall when we played Hull about 15 years ago midweek in a pre season friendly, they had a good couple hundred lads out well up for it, we had around a dozen, they felt sorry for us and we ended up having a few beers with them! That night there were more police than Dons fans, they must have been expecting big things.

Won't be any trouble, Aberdeen only take numbers down South for Saturday games.

I recall when we played Hull about 15 years ago midweek in a pre season friendly, they had a good couple hundred lads out well up for it, we had around a dozen, they felt sorry for us and we ended up having a few beers with them! That night there were more police than Dons fans, they must have been expecting big things.

I was thinking more about booze wise than trouble wise, wouldn't expect us to take more than maybe 400 for Tamworth, maybe 150 for Port Vale. That said we will have fans in England too so you never know.

Tamworth away 24th July, no idea where that is?

Clearly Simmy is not a great source  ;D

Also read Brighton way 31st July is a rumour.

Just north of Birmingham.

Game confirmed on their website. Seriously considering taking a few days holidays and heading to both games.

Aberdeen FC’s summer schedule revealed

Players heading to England for friendlies

Published: 20/05/2010

THE Dons will kick-off their build-up to the next season with a visit to First Division Dunfermline.

Mark McGhee’s men will visit the Pars on Wednesday, July 21.

Aberdeen will then head to England where they are planning to play at least three friendlies.

Clashes with Blue Square Premier side Tamworth (Saturday, July 24) and Port Vale (Tuesday, July 27) have been confirmed.

Aberdeen hope to complete their build-up with a friendly clash against a top class English side at Pittodrie on August 7.

The club is expected to release full details of their programme within the next 24 hours.

The Aberdeen players will return for training on Monday, July 5.

Hmm...Brighton or Millwall would make sense due his previous links, but if we're around the midlands/north I wonder if it will be Wolves. Purely on his previous managerial postings. Wolves aside, though neither of the other two would fall into the "top class" category  :-\

Hmm...Brighton or Millwall would make sense due his previous links, but if we're around the midlands/north I wonder if it will be Wolves. Purely on his previous managerial postings. Wolves aside, though neither of the other two would fall into the "top class" category  :-\

The supposed "top class" game is at Pittodrie though manc.

Only four matches though? is that not all we had last year and he thought we weren't prepared enough?

Only four matches though? is that not all we had last year and he thought we weren't prepared enough?

My bad, didn't read it correctly. Fuck knows then! Its a shame, I'm still hoping they play someone remotely exciting down here. I can't believe we're playing the likes of Tamworth...is that preparing us for life in Div 1?  :-\

Anyway, I agree, I didn't think we were prepared last season, doesn't seem like its exactly an intensive pre season.

Pars away, 3 in England and one at home.

Guest leith_red

Pars away, 3 in England and one at home.

And we'll probably play the usual, local, suspects - Peterhead, Brechin etc.