Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Derek Young has signed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being honest ... BRUTALLY honest ... at least Young gives his all when he plays. Winter was lazy as fuck. He had the ability, just couldnae be arsed using it. This is a difficult choice to choose from. Kind of like what colour of shite would you like to eat? The darker one that's runny ... or the lighter one with the nutty chunks in it?

• 3 years later...
Young wants to stay with Aberdeen FC – and that’s final

Derek still has Hampden dream

By Anthony Joseph

Published: 21/04/2011

ABERDEEN FC midfielder Derek Young today revealed he is desperate to stay at Pittodrie to fulfil a lifetime ambition.

The former Dunfermline midfielder was left reeling after Aberdeen FC slumped to a 4-0 defeat to Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden.

The midfielder became the second Aberdeen FC player to issue a sign-me-up plea to manager Craig Brown, after Sone Aluko expressed his desire to stay at Pittodrie.

I like and respect Young but he's not good enough. He needs to find another club in my opinion IMO.

Agreed. Comes across well when speaking to fans (apart when he had to chase Jager for the ball in Holland) and seems to like playing at the club however is nowhere near good enough and if we are to progress players of his standard need to be moved on.

Young's heart is in the right place. He puts in massive amounts of effort in almost every game he plays.

But when truth be told, his best is simply far far below what the Aberdeen benchmark should be. If we are to be a success, then an in-form Derek Young should be seen as a poor Aberdeen player - if you catch my drift.

Thanks for the effort Derek, but your time is now up.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that he's wrong though is it?

We've been in decline since Milne took over, as highlighted in the other thread, but I'd argue that there's no point in him talking about it, it's in the past. Because he is wrong and part of the clubs demise. We were in decline during JC's reign, due to the boards lack of investment.