Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Derek Young has signed

To be honest, I don't really have the same 'oh my god' reaction that a lot of Dons fans are having. I actually think that Derek was underrated compared to his brother, who people seemed to rate. Neither was especially good, but one was seen as a loss when they left. If the younger Young is signed to be an alternative to Daal then I couldn't care less.

I am far more worried about the fact that when one Young goes the other seems to follow.

UNDERRATED????  ???

Bloody overrated....!!!!

Darren was the better of the two, but to be honest there was not an awful lot to pick and choose.

Rank signing however you look at it.

>:(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the dunfermline forum

I thought he had signed for Hamilton

can't believe he'll do well at aberdeen

Ha ha haaaa, class!!! This has made my day

How on earth has he managed to ghost his way in to the Aberdeen squad!

Freed by Partick and ends up at Aberdeen ?

That's what you call falling on your feet.

Two year deal as well? Must have a photo of Calderwood without a sun tan or something?

Quality signing he will get at least 2 goals this season

Fortunately for us, it's Derek not Darren

To me it speaks volumes......

Yep got to confess to having had a sneaky peek in there as well Mizer. Expected them to be completely and utterly ripping the pish, but actually thought their comments were pretty tame under the circumstances.

Boo.

Fucking Boo.

My thoughts exactly.  :finger:

Heard JC on the news saying he gets on well with Mackie and Hart, he's a lively character for the dressing room and, wait for this one, he's got good footballing ability that means he can play in a number of positions. For the love of fuck. Surely the ability's the first thing he should be looking at, not whether he'll have a laugh with Mackie and Hart?!

This makes the farce over Lapira even more annoying. I'd rather have had a punt at a 21 year old ROI full international that might not end up being good, over a 27 year old that we know is pish. Of course, he's one of these gallus weegie types that JC likes so much, and he also played for Dunfermline. That network of contacts fair came up trumps for us once again.

My pal is a physio at hamilton Accies, and he has just told me that they gave Derek young a run out against Queens Park last week.

They took it no further as he did not impress at all....

>:(:hammer:

Didn't impress at all against Queens Park?

Should fit in nicely then............. :thumbsup:

I love the fact that the Granite City Reds seem to have closed ranks on hat and are in support of this signing telling the rest of us that we aren't proper fans

But some of them won't go to home games as "it's not as good as the day out you get at an away game". It was a while ago i saw that, but still... The concept of stone throwing in glass houses a bit alien to them i imagine.

I love the fact that the Granite City Reds seem to have closed ranks on hat and are in support of this signing telling the rest of us that we aren't proper fans

But some of them won't go to home games as "it's not as good as the day out you get at an away game". It was a while ago i saw that, but still... The concept of stone throwing in glass houses a bit alien to them i imagine.

I did point this out, as did others, but strangely no reply

Guest St.johnstone Fan07

We had him on a month deal last season, with a view to a longer deal.  Utter pish, hence the reason he was bombed to Partick Thistle.

Hamilton Accies didnt even want him, what is JC thinking of??

P.S.  What do you guys think of Daal?  We have Kev Rustybitz back from injury, had a great season before he got injured.  Much improved player.

Thought Daal was not too bad. Would have liked to see him get a better run for the team and was sorry to see him go. To get back on-topic though I thought someone was taking the piss when i saw that first of all. Then checked the club website to make sure, then laughed, and after a couple of days i almsot feel like crying. Especially after reading an interview with him on the EE website it got me back to thinking about how he always went on about how he hoped he'd get a couple of get of goals and go on from there. For *HOW* many fucking seasons did he trot that shite out? And *HOW* many goals did he get? FFS.........I despair.

Cannae fuckin believe this! I was so glad when this tube and his brother were taken out of our hands. So many newspaper articles are saying "he was signed for the Dons partly due to his 100% workrate" and shite like that.

Hey, does that mean I can get a contract from the Dons? I'll give them 100% effort and commitment ... doesnae distract from the fact that I'm a shite footballer. Exactly the same with Derek Young. We all know he gave us 100% when he was first here. But his 100% was still about 40% short of the minimum quality we need if we're to challenge at the top half of the league table.

This is our worst signing since we signed John Inglis FOR A SECOND TIME! :hammer:

Only player of that generation I'd ever take back is Anderson. Rowson was handy when he was on-form, but the Youngs were part of the poison that was killing our club. I was glad when we saw the back of the pair of them, and couldnae believe my eyes when I read that someone wanted to take BOTH of them off our hands. Fuck, I thought it was Christmas!!!

Now we've got one back, I'm living in fear that both will come back. If we need someone who's a character in the dressing room, perhaps we should hire Bobby Ball. Nae this tube!

Typical no money sighning yipee we were able to match what HAMILTON were about to offer him..

This is a huge step back along with selling Anderson (signed 2 defenders before they take peanuts for him stinks of greed there)

Why cant that greedy cunt Stewart Milne not get his hand in his pocket like Romanov, Murray and Thompson to name a few even Gretna are now leaving us behind..