Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Winter's Gone!!

Guest kilahun

Guest kilahun

Thats him signed for Chesterfield!  Had high hopes for him too when he first joined us!

Chesterfield have sealed the signing of Aberdeen midfielder Jamie Winter.

The 21-year-old former Leeds midfielder has agreed a two-year deal at Priestfield.

"I have tracked Jamie Winter's football career for sometime and am pleased that he has joined our promotion push back to League One," said Spireites boss Lee Richardson (pictured).

Winter is Chesterfield's fifth new signing of the summer, following the signings of Kevin Gray, Gregor Robertson, Jack Lester and Steve Fletcher.

Guest spireite fan

Chesterfield Fan Here

Just wondered what you lot thought of him..best postition etc as i and many of our fans havnt a clue who he is.

Ta

Chesterfield Fan Here

Just wondered what you lot thought of him..best postition etc as i and many of our fans havnt a clue who he is.

Ta

many of don't have a clue either

hardly got a chance under Calderwood, but at times showed some promise in the middle of the park when he did get a run out but these occasions were few and far between.  Reports from the reserves suggest he showed  lack of interest alot of the time and certainly seemed to carry a lot of "extra baggage". 

Perhaps if given a chance he'll achieve something, but from his time at afc it is impossible to tell

Chesterfield Fan Here

Ta

It would be impossible to say, since Aberdeen (in recent years) has had no clue as to how to develop youngsters.

He could be tremendous, but given his poor choice of club to join during his early career (Aberdeen), there's no way of knowing.

Yeah, he looked promising when we first signed him, and indeed in his early games he looked very handy! He's powerfully built!!! I just question his lack of motivation. As Kelt suggests, I dunno if this is his fault or the fault of our reserve/youth team coaching system.

Good luck to Chesterfield. I think you may have a good squad player on yer hands. Just be very careful how you train him, as we didnae get thruppence haepenny out of him.

Guest spireite fan

take it the Lee Richardson refered to is our very own Rico  ???

fecking great midfielder in his time at Pittodrie

It is..

somewhat of a favourite up here i understand

See hwo he can get on in his irst season as manager, here hoping he can get us back up.

Cheers for the replies guys, and good luck next season.

take it the Lee Richardson refered to is our very own Rico  ???

fecking great midfielder in his time at Pittodrie

It is..

somewhat of a favourite up here i understand

See hwo he can get on in his irst season as manager, here hoping he can get us back up.

Cheers for the replies guys, and good luck next season.

If his determination as a player rubs off on his team as a manager, you're going up with games to spare.

Good luck yourself.