Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Celtic

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to keep Maclean and Paterson for next season. Maclean holds up the ball well and can score the goals.

Already scored as many  this season if not more than that guy that left in january LEE something I think his name was.

Did well controlling the ball and flicking on to runners. Great all round performance from him today.

Incredible game.

Positive = Paton is showing as a superb prospect. Awesome strike.

Positive = Mackie's finish was class.

Positive = Maclean is now in his 4th game finally looking why he was coveted. No way Kerr was offside at start of 2nd half from great Maclean through ball. Excellent pen and great take for the 4th.

Positive = Langfield made one superb stop, his best ever save for AFC. Wasn't too clever at first and slow to anticipate Keane's telegraphed pass across - seen moles move quicker - but overall pass marks despite conceding 4.

Negative = Aluko. Worst individual performance in a red shirt I've seen for years.

Negative = Zander gets beat by Keane in the air for their 3rd? Weak as piss.

Have to disagree re Langfield, rocket. Thought he made some good saves but could have done better on three of the four goals.  the first in particular was very poor and he ignored the basic rule of putting the ball out rather than back into play when parrying it.

The Keane header was extremely indecisive. He may not have saved it anyway, but still.

And they said on the TV he may have been unsighted on the shot, but I'm not sure. Never like seeing a keeper lose a goal in the centre of his goal.

Thought Maclean was excellent, his movement and playing others in was tremendous and took the equaliser extremely well. Paton and Mackie were also good and full of running, Paton is so much better through the middle for us. 

And a far better showing from Kerr and McDonald.

But it has to be said that having Zander back is a huge plus for us. Although I agree with rocket that he was poor at Keane's goal, I thought he was generally good today. Delighted he's back.

I thought Diamond was magnificent but I haven't seen any replays yet, agree that Aluko was probably our worst performer. Good shift from Kerr and Macdonald, why do we have to be really up against it before these boys look interested?

As I said after the hibs game Paton looks like a quality young player. Mackie and Mclean were fantastic.

Pass marks all round, Aluko only just.

Was great to shut the gloating Tim fuckwits up, brilliant end to the match.

What a game. 4 goals against Ra Shellick! Just a shame each and every one of those goals were catch-ups.

Thought some of our defending was very suspect, and Aluko didn't really seem to give a shit. Paterson started pretty poorly, but came on to a good game.

WELL impressed with all our goals. Stunning strikes from Mackie and Paton. No keeper was gonna stop MacLean's pen, and a lovely wee flick of the backheel for MacLean's 2nd.

Deserved at least a draw from that game.

Media whore, getting your post read out by that poof on sportscene.

Tremendous game and superb performance by the Dons.  Would seem churlish to pick out poor performances so I won't.

Burley couldn't stop raving on about Kerr and McDonald today, both making superb runs into the box and looking a hell of a lot better than I have seen in recent weeks (maybe they look better on TV).

Paton through the middle again showed he should be playing there every week, MacLean was superb and may be what we have been crying out for, for what seems like years.  Also thought Paterson was superb and if these two can maintain that kind of performance than Miller should be doing everything he can to keep them at afc.

The real test, yet again, is whether we can turn a good performance against a bigger side into decent performances against the likes of Raith and Falkirk.  That's two wins vs hearts, win vs united and draws with celtic and hibs, in between that lot we have lost to St Mirren, Falkirk and Motherwell. 

The most pleasing thing today was that we came back 3 times, something we haven't done all season.  Lets hope we can keep a fully fit side and finally turn the fucking corner

Media whore, getting your post read out by that poof on sportscene.

Tremendous game and superb performance by the Dons.  Would seem churlish to pick out poor performances so I won't.

Burley couldn't stop raving on about Kerr and McDonald today, both making superb runs into the box and looking a hell of a lot better than I have seen in recent weeks (maybe they look better on TV).

Paton through the middle again showed he should be playing there every week, MacLean was superb and may be what we have been crying out for, for what seems like years.  Also thought Paterson was superb and if these two can maintain that kind of performance than Miller should be doing everything he can to keep them at afc.

The real test, yet again, is whether we can turn a good performance against a bigger side into decent performances against the likes of Raith and Falkirk.  That's two wins vs hearts, win vs united and draws with celtic and hibs, in between that lot we have lost to St Mirren, Falkirk and Motherwell. 

The most pleasing thing today was that we came back 3 times, something we haven't done all season.  Lets hope we can keep a fully fit side and finally turn the fucking corner

Great post. +1

Just in  :beers:

Cracking game, best game I've been to this season.  Gutted to only get a draw as we lost some sloppy goals, but it was great entertainment.  We did so well considering we were playing with 10 men for most of the game.

Langfield could have done better with the first goal, he palmed it straight into trouble.

But apart from Aluko, I thought all the team did really well, including Kerr and McDonald who were great..  MacLean was excellent, but I also thought Paton and Mackie had great games.  Tremendous atmosphere.

Got to say, Mulgrew is starting to look like a composed centre half.  :o

Just hope the same team turns up on Tuesday.  :hammer:

Guest rocket debris

Have to disagree re Langfield, rocket. Thought he made some good saves but could have done better on three of the four goals. 

I am his biggest critic. I detest his presence in an Aberdeen shirt but after showing well v. Falkirk and Raith, I am trying to like the fud. After a shocker v. Motherwell and a murderous first goal v. Hibs, I don't know why I'm looking to cut him some slack. Was just happy coming back for a draw.

I am his biggest critic. I detest his presence in an Aberdeen shirt but after showing well v. Falkirk and Raith, I am trying to like the fud. After a shocker v. Motherwell and a murderous first goal v. Hibs, I don't know why I'm looking to cut him some slack. Was just happy coming back for a draw.

I normally think you are to harsh on him but today he was ropey as feck, that first goal especially where was the strength in his arms and he was to slow. Think it was the second goal where Stevie Wonder could see that's where Keane was putting it and again Langfield's reactions were found wanting.

Some great saves as usual but what's the point in making the camera saves if your going to chuck 2 goals away.