Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs Celtic

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rocket debris

Pedantry though is very easy to decipher. It seems to be fucking everywhere just now!

Hardly. It's a lot but not everywhere. Very easy an overstatement also. Mostly easy.

IN/OUT: Out

Pre-match: Sleeping most likely

Match: A pub, if I can find one in Edinburgh that will actually show the game

Post-match: Out for a curry

Prediction: 2-2

Globe should be showing it or they better be as a load of us heading there for 12.

Globe should be showing it or they better be as a load of us heading there for 12.

Someone suggested that to me earlier. The one on Niddrie street? May head down there as everywhere else is showing Rugby or the FA cup game instead. Wouldn't think I was in a Scottish city.

Guest rocket debris

Someone suggested that to me earlier. The one on Niddrie street? May head down there as everywhere else is showing Rugby or the FA cup game instead. Wouldn't think I was in a Scottish city.

Edinburgh is a strange phenomenon. I am so proud that the oldest scientette told them to stick their unconditional uni offer up their arrogant fat arse by accepting Strathclyde, implicit of course. This is a sick father confrontationalist interpretation here.

Love and hate the city. The Thai restaurant a couple of months ago a mile or so south of the city centre, with Tiger something as a starter was just awesome. Then you have rugger buggers with their public school accents and their oh so proper politeness and etiquette. It's a conundrumenical that joint. Beautiful women with soft centre fragile confidences and hard rugger men on the outside but weak as shit for real.

Give me the stark reality of the weeg any day. Still wouldn't live in either. 

Edinburgh is a strange phenomenon. I am so proud that the oldest scientette told them to stick their unconditional uni offer up their arrogant fat arse by accepting Strathclyde, implicit of course. This is a sick father confrontationalist interpretation here.

Love and hate the city. The Thai restaurant a couple of months ago a mile or so south of the city centre, with Tiger something as a starter was just awesome. Then you have rugger buggers with their public school accents and their oh so proper politeness and etiquette. It's a conundrumenical that joint. Beautiful women with soft centre fragile confidences and hard rugger men on the outside but weak as shit for real.

Give me the stark reality of the weeg any day. Still wouldn't live in either. 

There are aspects of it I like and aspects I don't. The fact that everyone here seems obsessed with Rugby gets a bit grating and there is a bit of an arrogance here, but there are some really good bits, nice bars, interesting people etc. When avoiding Edinburgh Uni I generally like it, but spent a while in the centre looking for a pub or bar that's actually showing the game and everywhere seemed to be showing the Rugby.

Guest leith_red

There are aspects of it I like and aspects I don't. The fact that everyone here seems obsessed with Rugby gets a bit grating and there is a bit of an arrogance here, but there are some really good bits, nice bars, interesting people etc. When avoiding Edinburgh Uni I generally like it, but spent a while in the centre looking for a pub or bar that's actually showing the game and everywhere seemed to be showing the Rugby.

Globe has 3 or 4 sky boxes - and we're in there for most games - so they'll almost certainly be showing it.

Rugby doesn't start till 2 anyway.

Either way I have an odd confidence Aberdeen may actually get something from this game. There was some good play against Hibs and Celtic have been inconsistent this season. Think, with a bit of luck, Aberdeen could win.

We always have a chance against Celtic ... until the first Aberdeen fan who says "I think we might win this one". That instantly means 5-0 with a hattrick for that fucktard McGeady

We always have a chance against Celtic ... until the first Aberdeen fan who says "I think we might win this one". That instantly means 5-0 with a hattrick for that fucktard McGeady

Didn't you say something similar about Foster being confident about a result at Easter Road ;)

Last time I checked, Aberdeen FC were in the SPL ... not just Aberdeen's best starting eleven. If McGhee opts to rotate the players that are registered on his squad, then sobeit! IIRC our squad was drastically weakened last time we faced Rangers at Pittodrie - and we won that game!

And if the huns want to have a go at us for fielding a weakened team, then surely they should be having a go at Dunfermline and Kilmarnock for blatently lying down to Celtic and Rangers respectively at the climax of the 2002/03 season where whichever one of the Old Firm had the highest Goal Difference would win the league.

Old Firm sympathisers have been doing Rangers and Celtic favours for decades. Us, on the other hand, are never gonna win the league ... but we're still in with a shout for the country's major cup competition. To me, the cup takes priority over a standard league game with the Tims.

Manager Mark McGhee goes with the same team that faced Hibernian in midweek. On the bench are Nelson, Young, Duff, Ifil, Marshall, Fyvie and Grassi. Tonight's match official is Iain Brines.

Aberdeen: Langfield, Mulgrew, Foster, McDonald, Paterson, Diamond, Mackie, Kerr, MacLean, Paton, Aluko.

Celtic: Boruc, N'Guemo, Keane, Brown, Fortune, Kamara, Braafheeid, Thompson, McGeady, O'Dea, Gaddis.

I presume "Gaddis" is supposed to be Caddis.

What a game. 4 goals against Ra Shellick! Just a shame each and every one of those goals were catch-ups.

Thought some of our defending was very suspect, and Aluko didn't really seem to give a shit. Paterson started pretty poorly, but came on to a good game.

WELL impressed with all our goals. Stunning strikes from Mackie and Paton. No keeper was gonna stop MacLean's pen, and a lovely wee flick of the backheel for MacLean's 2nd.

Deserved at least a draw from that game.

Guest rocket debris

Incredible game.

Positive = Paton is showing as a superb prospect. Awesome strike.

Positive = Mackie's finish was class.

Positive = Maclean is now in his 4th game finally looking why he was coveted. No way Kerr was offside at start of 2nd half from great Maclean through ball. Excellent pen and great take for the 4th.

Positive = Langfield made one superb stop, his best ever save for AFC. Wasn't too clever at first and slow to anticipate Keane's telegraphed pass across - seen moles move quicker - but overall pass marks despite conceding 4.

Negative = Aluko. Worst individual performance in a red shirt I've seen for years.

Negative = Zander gets beat by Keane in the air for their 3rd? Weak as piss.