Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Paul Marshall / Jim O'Brien

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City midfielder reported to be joining Aberdeen on a six-month loan.

ABERDEEN are reported to have signed Manchester City midfielder Paul Marshall on loan.

The Dons are said to have agreed a deal with the 20-year-old's club, and it is thought he will sign a loan deal until the summer.

This would come into effect on January 1st, meaning Marshall would be able to face Dundee United in the traditional New Year's fixture on January 2nd.

Reds gaffer Mark McGhee was also keen to sign Motherwell winger Jim O’Brien in January, but the capture of Marshall would mean he could move for O'Brien on a pre-contract agreement in order to get the player for free rather than pay a fee.

McGhee also told supporters last week that Marshall was likely to be the Dons only signing in January, but it is thought the club will continue to search for players to bring in during the transfer window period.

The above is taken from Mad (cheers, Ed!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaNE5thwF3o

This guy looks like a bit of a player.

As an aside, why do people who make these YouTube videos feel the need to put god awful music on them?  It should be outlawed.

Clip no.1 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.2 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.3 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.4 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.5 er...nothing

Clip no.6 see above

I must've been watching the wrong vid but that has made me less keen on the guy.

Clip no.1 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.2 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.3 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.4 hoof up the pitch

Clip no.5 er...nothing

Clip no.6 see above

I must've been watching the wrong vid but that has made me less keen on the guy.

A lot of good long range passes and short interchanges.

But maybe you just don't understand football.

A lot of good long range passes and short interchanges.

But maybe you just don't understand football.

That must be it.  ::)

Not that I had a look and came to the conclusion that since his 'good' play had more to do with bad defending/goalkeeping than his own skill, the video then makes him look nothing special. Not that of course.

That must be it.  ::)

Not that I had a look and came to the conclusion that since his 'good' play had more to do with bad defending/goalkeeping than his own skill, the video then makes him look nothing special. Not that of course.

Yeah, in 8 minutes of clips it was all down to bad defending/goalkeeping. And of course, if he hadn't made those passes/runs in the wake of those defensive mistakes then he would rightly have been pilloried by yourself, undoubtedly...  ::)

Yes the vid is 8mins but it's almost 2mins in before he does anything even decent. As for the, 'if he hadn't...' right yes of course I'd have questioned why a vid was made about a player who rather than doing nothing very special, did nothing whatsoever.

I like the way you put out some video evidence for others to form their own opinions about, without any premeditated idea of what the correct opinion is.

Fishing?

Saw better distribution, tackling and dribbling in those first two minutes than I have from most of our midfield all season.

Think he looks like a good player.

Yeah, in 8 minutes of clips it was all down to bad defending/goalkeeping. And of course, if he hadn't made those passes/runs in the wake of those defensive mistakes then he would rightly have been pilloried by yourself, undoubtedly...  ::)

Yes the vid is 8mins but it's almost 2mins in before he does anything even decent. As for the, 'if he hadn't...' right yes of course I'd have questioned why a vid was made about a player who rather than doing nothing very special, did nothing whatsoever.

I like the way you put out some video evidence for others to form their own opinions about, without any premeditated idea of what the correct opinion is.

Fishing?

Saw better distribution, tackling and dribbling in those first two minutes than I have from most of our midfield all season.

Think he looks like a good player.

Really? Our midfield has been shit but like I said originally - repeated hoofing up the pitch for the first couple mins doesn't excite me.

We'll see what he does for us since he seems inevitably to be coming our way.

Really? Our midfield has been shit but like I said originally - repeated hoofing up the pitch for the first couple mins doesn't excite me.

We'll see what he does for us since he seems inevitably to be coming our way.

Surely you can see that the "hoofing" he's doing is finding players in space rather than clearing the ball to an opposition player.

I can see him lumping the ball forward hoping someone gets onto the end of it and since the defences are static someone does.

Same as I can see him hitting the ball towards the keeper and getting a goal because the keeper is soft (after he's hit the woodwork a couple times...not sure why hitting the woodwork qualifies for a best of compilation, unless...).

I'm bored of the desperation for a saviour, let alone the expectation that we're going to get one. He may very well be a slight improvement on the people like mark kerr who are not spl standard, but average ability displayed in reserve (at best) games doesn't demonstrate an above average footballing ability. And even if he actually is good, so what? If he helps us win the scottish cup then I'll eat my words but otherwise what's the liklihood he'll be with us beyond the end of a completely meaningless season?

There's a chance he'll be the next aluko but there's a chance he'll be the next josh walker...except without the meaningful games to play in, and of course the chance he'll be yet another waste of a wage.

Anyway, I haven't meant to piss on anyone's spark of enthusiasm. I just don't like the desperation to build somebody up as if there's reason to believe he won't be yet another let down.

He looks up and picks a man out and plays the ball.

Nobody is saying he is going to be a "saviour". He just looks like a technically sound footballer and would be a good addition to our threadbare and relatively talentless team.

Josh Walker was a good player, think most people would have him back in a second.

He looks up and picks a man out and plays the ball.

Nobody is saying he is going to be a "saviour". He just looks like a technically sound footballer and would be a good addition to our threadbare and relatively talentless team.

Josh Walker was a good player, think most people would have him back in a second.

EXACTLY!

ffs fishing?

Point is - A good player? Yes he was. Have him back? Yes please. Any chance? No fucking way! At least walker had meaningful games to play in. A loan signing to the end of this season is irrelevant if it doesn't win us the cup.

Right. That's my colours nailed to the mast, nailed again...again...again and then once more. I hope I'm wrong.

EXACTLY!

ffs fishing?

Point is - A good player? Yes he was. Have him back? Yes please. Any chance? No fucking way! At least walker had meaningful games to play in. A loan signing to the end of this season is irrelevant if it doesn't win us the cup.

Right. That's my colours nailed to the mast, nailed again...again...again and then once more. I hope I'm wrong.

That's rather short-sighted. We need players fit and available to have any sort of chance of climbing the table. I'm sure McGhee would look into a permanent deal if the does well and the terms were right for the player and both clubs.

That's rather short-sighted. We need players fit and available to have any sort of chance of climbing the table. I'm sure McGhee would look into a permanent deal if the does well and the terms were right for the player and both clubs.

It wouldn't just be a signing til the end of the season then would it? I already mentioned that scenario of signing him up longer term in re Aluko or alternatively a waste of a wage.

:wave:

Who knew BB could cause such a stir :D I think he picks a pass and makes it. Not only that it is successful. I don't think anyone is thinking he'll be our saviour, just a decent addition to our depleted squad. We can't afford to buy him so a loan signing is the way we have to go. Hopefully he'll be a success. The fact he wants to come here speaks volumes to me.