Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Contract offers

haha

Kow, Seve would still be shit for us, he'd probably struggle to adapt his game, McGhee stylee

What's "McGhee stylee"?  From what I've seen we're playing exactly the same way as we did under Calderwood.

At least with Seve we could have had some competition for places, and perhaps Kerr and MacDonald would get the kick up the arse they need.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super news.

Fyvie, Pawlett and Paton (and to a lesser extent Bebo) are so important for the future of our club both on the park and off it.

Let's hope it's 3/4 year deals for Fyvie, Paton and Pawlett and a 2 year deal for Bebo.

"Willie Miller (director of football) is talking to the boys and there agents just now and I am confident we can get all the deals tied up over the next couple of weeks.

:-\

Good news but I wouldn't have offered Maguire a new deal.

Offer him a new deal now and he thinks that what he's doing for us just now is good enough and frankly, it's not.

He may have the talent but he has been unable to harness that in the Aberdeen first team.  Until he proves a bit more I don't see what offering him a deal achieves for either party.

Good news but I wouldn't have offered Maguire a new deal.

Offer him a new deal now and he thinks that what he's doing for us just now is good enough and frankly, it's not.

He may have the talent but he has been unable to harness that in the Aberdeen first team.  Until he proves a bit more I don't see what offering him a deal achieves for either party.

Spot on.

Good news about Pawlett, Fyvie and Paton, hopefully they're all long term deals as these guys are going to be important for us. Fyvie in particular has shown incredible maturity against far more experienced players.

The only positive I can see about Maguire's deal is that if he shows any glimpse of form now we could perhaps get a fee for him. Unfortunately, he's got average squad player written all over him at the moment.

Good news about Pawlett, Fyvie and Paton, hopefully they're all long term deals as these guys are going to be important for us. Fyvie in particular has shown incredible maturity against far more experienced players.

The only positive I can see about Maguire's deal is that if he shows any glimpse of form now we could perhaps get a fee for him. Unfortunately, he's got average squad player written all over him at the moment.

Agreed, imagine what pelters the club would get if he matured in the next 24 months and we then lost him for nothing. I think this is the smart move, despite his recent attitude and performance.

by the same token Ajja, imagine if we give him a new contract and he continues in the same fashion since he came into the first team squad? We would struggle to get rid of him and we'd not only be spending money on his wages, we'd also likely have one unhappy player on our hands. 

Give the long term contracts to the boys who have proved more in such a short space of time ahead of one who has failed to deliver over the course of a few seasons. If he goes for peanuts (or less) and goes on to prove us all wrong, then fair enough. That's life and I think it's worth the risk.

Hmmm, interesting the views about Maguire, lets nae forget though that he is only 20 (same age as Paton) therefore still an immature, cocky little ned.....which is probably pretty much to be expected.

The boys obviously talented and this has been seen in flashes, if he can find some consistency and matures a little I reckon he could be a great player for us.

He's far too young to be written off.

I'm not writing him off Rocco, I'm more than willing to let him prove that he is worthy of a new deal. There's more than half a season still to go, his future at Pittodrie is in his own hands, at least make him work for a new contract.

Fair point Bobby, I'll go for that - just hope he disnae get pigeon holed with the usual suspects as being a lost cause, sometimes I think that because he's been around so long we forget he's basically still a young loon.

by the same token Ajja, imagine if we give him a new contract and he continues in the same fashion since he came into the first team squad? We would struggle to get rid of him and we'd not only be spending money on his wages, we'd also likely have one unhappy player on our hands. 

Give the long term contracts to the boys who have proved more in such a short space of time ahead of one who has failed to deliver over the course of a few seasons. If he goes for peanuts (or less) and goes on to prove us all wrong, then fair enough. That's life and I think it's worth the risk.

You're right there. Its always going to be a game of risk, as with any investment. It might turn out to be the best move or the worst, you just have to look at it and make a decision. Personally, I'd still see him worthy of investment unless, as you say its a limited set of offers in which case there are certainly more deserving cases.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5700236,00.html

Aberdeen starlet Peter Pawlett is poised to sign a new deal at Pittodrie, skysports.com understands.

The Dons have been in talks with Pawlett and a number of other stars over new contracts as they look to tie down their best players to long-term deals.

Pawlett has caught the eye at Aberdeen since making his debut last February and he is tipped for a big future in the game.

Aberdeen director of football, Willie Miller, had called on the players in contract talks to pledge their futures to the club and Pawlett is ready to extend his stay in the Granite City.

Pawlett's agent, Darren Jackson, has confirmed the 18-year-old has agreed a new four-and-a-half-year deal at the club.

"Peter is close to signing a new deal with Aberdeen," Jackson told skysports.com.

"He is happy up there and he is ready to sign a new long-term deal.

"Peter has a fantastic attitude and ability and he is getting a chance in the Aberdeen side."

Fantastic news!!

WILLIE MILLER is demanding Aberdeen kids Fraser Fyvie, Peter Pawlett, Michael Paton and Chris Maguire sign long-term deals.

The Dons director of football insists the four youngsters OWE the club for their development.

Miller said: "I want Pittodrie's four rising stars to stand up and show their commitment to us.

"This club has put a lot of time, money and effort into making Peter, Fraser, Michael and Chris the talents that they are. Now we want some payback.

"My main priority is to get these four tied up on new deals by the New Year.

"That will take precedence over securing the more experienced first-team players.

"I have no doubt that scouts from teams all over Britain will start to descend on Pittodrie to look at these talents.

"That should be welcomed because it is a sign that they are doing well.

"But I want to kill any chance of them moving on by getting them to commit their long-term futures to the Dons.

"I am in talks with the players, their agents and parents. No stone will be left unturned in the bid to get them to sign extended deals.

"Now they have to put something back into the club and opt to continue their development here.

"We have spent six years developing them, they just haven't appeared overnight.

"They are the result of a planned development programme and we aim to get our return on all that hard work.

"Mark McGhee views these youngsters as vital to the long-term future of his team.

"They are the backbone around which he aims to build a very successful side."