Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Contract offers

From the BBC gossip page.

Aberdeen trio Ricky Foster, Mark Kerr and Gary McDonald are all to be offered new contract extensions. (Various)

The Dons are also lining up a pre-contract agreement with Motherwell winger Jim O'Brien. (Daily Express)

Not sure about any of that.  :-\

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you unsure? (apart from the fact it's up on a gossip page!)

I assume McGhee rates Kerr otherwise he wouldn't have made him captain. Foster hasn't done an awful lot wrong since McGhee came in imo and has proved recently his versatility is very important to us.

Not sure about MacDonald, for one reason or another it just hasn't happened for him since he came here imo.

ABERDEEN will make a January move to land Motherwell winger Jim O Brien on a pre-contract.

Dons boss Mark McGhee took the 22-year-old to Fir Park from Celtic and is confident he can persuade him to make the summer switch to Pittodrie.

McGhee will also move to land former Motherwell defender Jim Paterson from Plymouth Argyle in a similar deal.

Well manager Jim Gannon is still trying to keep O Brien at Fir Park but so far contract talks have stalled.

Several of Motherwell s experienced are also unhappy under Gannon s regime and that could also be a factor in O Brien’s next move.

The former Republic of Ireland under-21 starlet has made a real impact this season and the only thing that could scupper a move north could be interest from the English Championship.

Aberdeen failed in a loan bid to land Paterson in the last window but know Plymouth are keen to get him off the books.

They are also aware that the former Dundee United player is keen to return to the SPL to work with McGhee and assistant Scott Leitch.

McGhee will tell director of football to table offers to O Brien and Paterson at the turn of the year.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen boss McGhee has admitted Mark Kerr, Gary McDonald, Lee Miller and Ricky Foster s recent performances have given him something to think about.

The trio are out of contract in the summer and McGhee has still to make a decision on their long-term futures.

The lads whose contracts are coming up for renewal have responded in the manner I hoped, the Aberdeen boss admitted.

Aberdeen boss McGhee has admitted Mark Kerr, Gary McDonald, Lee Miller and Ricky Foster s recent performances have given him something to think about.

The trio are out of contract in the summer and McGhee has still to make a decision on their long-term futures.

I'm fairly sure 4 players doesn't make a trio!

Alright folks long time no speak, hope you all are keeping well.  I for one would love to see jim o brien at pittodrie, he's a player that has really impressed me the past year or so and is exactly the kind of player we need.  Foster has come on as a player under mcghee by all accounts, not sure about gary mac though. I had hoped he would fill the void left by barry nic but it doesnt seem to have quite happened for him. 

Wasn't suggesting otherwise, just "grass is always greener" huh?

See, Rowson, Glass, Jess, Smith, ad infinitum.

I know what you're saying MBT but I kinda understand Nicholson and Severin leaving, both about 30, last chance for any kind of pay day and they may well have been completely fucked off playing in Scotland. Both went to clubs with at least aspirations to the premiership and smaller clubs have done it. Even when you consider others who have came back pretty pronto to Scotland you have to have some sort of belief in your ability to cut it in a more competitive league and get paid much more money in the process.

All that said, the fan in me says something a bit fucking different!

I know what you're saying MBT but I kinda understand Nicholson and Severin leaving, both about 30, last chance for any kind of pay day and they may well have been completely fucked off playing in Scotland. Both went to clubs with at least aspirations to the premiership and smaller clubs have done it. Even when you consider others who have came back pretty pronto to Scotland you have to have some sort of belief in your ability to cut it in a more competitive league and get paid much more money in the process.

All that said, the fan in me says something a bit fucking different!

Exactly.

McGhee will also move to land former Motherwell defender Jim Paterson from Plymouth Argyle in a similar deal.

Aberdeen failed in a loan bid to land Paterson in the last window but know Plymouth are keen to get him off the books.

I can imagine the events right now in the January window. We go for Paterson. Luggy says "who is this lad Paterson? Who does he play for? Ah who cares. Sign him up now before that bastard at Aberdeen does!"

Luggy's assistant says "err, he's already on our books, Mr Sturrock"

"He is?" remarks a surprised Luggy.

I can imagine the events right now in the January window. We go for Paterson. Luggy says "who is this lad Paterson? Who does he play for? Ah who cares. Sign him up now before that bastard at Aberdeen does!"

Luggy's assistant says "err, he's already on our books, Mr Sturrock"

"He is?" remarks a surprised Luggy.

Do you write sitcoms in New Zealand Reekster?

haha

Kow, Seve would still be shit for us, he'd probably struggle to adapt his game, McGhee stylee

I don't agree with that. On his day, Seve wouldn't have needed to adapt his game. He was a quality player when he was playing well and would have walked into any non OF side. That said, up until the split last season, he was largely a passenger.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5692199,00.html

:thumbsup: