Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Rangers vs Aberdeen 26/09/09

Pawlett got MOTM on Radio Scotland

Quite right as well, Al.  Every time he got the ball he was looking to move with it, and the way he shaped his body when he had it was excellent too... clearly knows how to play the game.  Reminded me a touch of a young Eoin Jess and how he used to run at defences and how aware he was of where his team mates were and where the next challenge was coming from.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pawlett got MOTM on Radio Scotland

I'd agree with that, but I think it would have been fair to share that with Fyvie (or fivvie as our czech commentator was calling him) and Paton. Their industry, willingness to go past a player and determination was great to see. As I said earlier, encouraged me greatly :) Keep up the progress. Myself and Sharpie were discussing during the game, I wonder what is going through Maguire's head atm, can he see that they've done more in the handful of games they've contributed than he has over two/three years :-\

I'd agree with that, but I think it would have been fair to share that with Fyvie (or fivvie as our czech commentator was calling him) and Paton. Their industry, willingness to go past a player and determination was great to see. As I said earlier, encouraged me greatly :) Keep up the progress. Myself and Sharpie were discussing during the game, I wonder what is going through Maguire's head atm, can he see that they've done more in the handful of games they've contributed than he has over two/three years :-\

in fairness Manc, Crig Paterson said it was a toss up between Pawlett and Fyvie

The boy Fyvie must be something special.  To put in a performance, in central midfield, against the Huns at Snake mountain, is a terrific effort for a 16 year old.

Of all the central midfielders today, he was the most composed.  Actually annoyed me on a few occasions when Langfield had taken a cross and wouldn't give it to Fyvie who was screaming for the early pass and was in acres of space.  He has the confidence to take the ball from the keeper, just a shame his keeper didn't seem to have the confidence in him!

I noticed McGregor trying an elbow at Miller and Novo supposedly had a kick out at someone too?

Some mink in the Hun section of the Broomloan Road got so worked up he got lifted at Half time and decided to spit at the group who were winding them up. So funny how easily they were wound up, all greeting to the police at half time saying to keep an eye on us yet it was them who were lifted.

ARGH! FUCKIN STOP THE TWITTER SPEAK!!!!!  :hammer:  :hammer:  :hammer:

So Im not the only one who has been getting annoyed by it then!

Some mink in the Hun section of the Broomloan Road got so worked up he got lifted at Half time and decided to spit at the group who were winding them up. So funny how easily they were wound up, all greeting to the police at half time saying to keep an eye on us yet it was them who were lifted.

:lolabove:

I was right beside that when it happened. Funny as fuck! He wasn't even getting lifted until he tried to spit at everyone.  :wave:

First time for a while I've come away from Ibrox feeling so optimistic.  I thought Fyvie, Pawlett, and particularly Paton were superb.  2nd half especially Paton was running rings round Whittaker, it's a joy to watch a young lad with no fear willing to have a go and not be bullied off the ball.

I also thought Duff had a good game when he came on and Foster was immense at centre half (again!!).

Big question is: Can we take this kind of performance/form into the Killie match?

First time for a while I've come away from Ibrox feeling so optimistic.  I thought Fyvie, Pawlett, and particularly Paton were superb.  2nd half especially Paton was running rings round Whittaker, it's a joy to watch a young lad with no fear willing to have a go and not be bullied off the ball.

I also thought Duff had a good game when he came on and Foster was immense at centre half (again!!).

Big question is: Can we take this kind of performance/form into the Killie match?

Killie is a different ball game. The Huns are missing a lot of guile without Ferguson and with Mendes being suspended but being the home team at Ibrox the onus was on them to get forward and attack us. That played in to McGhee's hands very well and it suited players like Paton and Pawlett who had a bit of space to run to with ball at feet. I assume Killie will be much more stuffy and will look to annul Paton and Pawlett and stop us playing.