Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Rangers vs Aberdeen 26/09/09

If McGhee is going to ring the changes who's going to be starting?

Langfield - Not sure but it was 1 bad performance, cant see Nelson going in goal

Mulgrew - Start

Considine and Ifil - both had poor games but who else is there that can play CB

Crawford - Can see him being dropped and Foster going into RB

Foster - See above, Pawlett on right side of midfield

Kerr & McDonald - Can see 1 of them being dropped for Fyvie but dont know who, probably McDonald

Grassi - if he's fit play him, preferably LB so Mulgrew can push forward, otherwise Bebo on the left

Miller - Target man - start even though hes played pish this season

Mackie - didnt think he did anything wrong last night but Paton will probably start in his place

So

BRING ON THE RANGERS

:ultras: :ultras: :AFC::AFC2:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd certainly start Pawlett, I suppose Paton deserves his chance after last night too.

I'd put Foster to left back and keep Crawford at right back. I think Mulgrew would be a wise choice for a midfield slot in this match, hopefully he can supply some decent service to the front two along with Pawlett on the right.

I can't say I'm going into this match with any great deal of optimism, I'd snap your hand off if you offered me a draw right now.

@quirie - With the injury to Grassi this is how I think McGhee will start (4-4-2).  I don't know if Fyvie will start or not, I think he should though

Langfield, Crawford (rb), Ifil & Considine (ch), Foster (lb), Maguire (rm), Kerr & McDonald (cm), Mulgrew (lm), Miller & Paton (cf)

If you are to play Paton I would think of playing Maguire with him. They seem to combine well together and would put real pressure on Weirs pace. However the lack of experience is a real problem.

Yes its a high pressure game but is the main gripe amongst the current crop, after Tuesday, that they are bottlers? If you keep these kids out of games because they are high pressure, what's the fucking point of continuing with them. To get this far they must be pretty cocky guys, what's the worst that can happen we loose? Whoopty fuckin' doo, it's not like we've never lost to Rangers at Ibrox before.

Don't get me wrong azteca, so would i, but i just don't see i happening :( but is pawlett not a midfielder than striker?

Aye, just going by paulinho's team I'd stick Maguire and Paton up front. Hopefully its as obvious to McGhee as it is to us that Pawlett's done more in a handful of sub appearances than Miller has in hours of ambling about up top.

@Azteca1903 - I'd like to see players dropped for their below par performances but the team I mentioned above is the team I think McGhee will start with.  He really doesn't have much option (Duff, Young, Pawlett) although I guess he could switch a player or two around within the team.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we may play 4-5-1 with Miller up front on his own but Paton has to start you'd think.

I'd also have to say that I don't think a trip to Ibrox is the right time to be bringing in a flood of inexperienced players.  Pawlett, Paton, Crawford and Fyvie all to start?

I'd also have to say that I don't think a trip to Ibrox is the right time to be bringing in a flood of inexperienced players.  Pawlett, Paton, Crawford and Fyvie all to start?

It could be the making of them.  None of them have looked over-awed so far, have they? And it's not as if they're facing a hun midfield of Wilkins, Steven et al.

speaking of which, has Sammy Stewart been included in any of the squads this season?

Nope, well none that I can remember anyway, strange one as Jimmy had him in most weeks towards the end of the season and when he came on against Hibs he didna look good but he didna look bad.