Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does he need dropped?

When he scores people are happy, when he doesn't people suddenly want him lynched. Fact is he does the same thing week in week out, ie, wins headers, pass the ball better than anyone else by a mile (to people who usually give it away) and taps it home if the delivery is any good. He isn't a runner as he has no pace, but plenty in the team do have pace so that should be fine if the others don't give the ball away and he isn't required to be in midfield defending where he can't get back up top fast enough.

Miller is a target man and link up man. If the people around him play shit then he looks shit but what does he have to do to win over the doubters? Score more goals sure, but if he's not going to pick the ball up on half way, skin a couple and then bury it, how else can we expect him to score more regularly? He's lucky to get 1 decent delivery from the midfield or any meaningful contribution from his strike partner in the majority of games. That isn't his fault.

Far more people should be the scapegoat for an over all lack of firepower before Miller imo.

Fact is he does the same thing week in week out, ie, wins headers, pass the ball better than anyone else by a mile (to people who usually give it away) and taps it home if the delivery is any good.

Fact?  ???

He's not doing any of the above at the moment.  Barely won any headers on Saturday.  He's not performing, and should be dropped to give him the kick up the arse he needs.

I personally believe he's a good player, but we haven't seen it this calendar year.

He didn't win headers against celtic either because no one delivered the ball to him. I didn't see him lose any headers in the highlights or hear them mention it happening on the radio - luckily i wasn't in aberdeen sat.

Even if sat was a bad performance by him he generally does what I described and I can't believe anyone would say he doesn't the majority of the time.

Without someone to win headers from a goal kick all we can do is boot it as far as possible and hope for the best. Without somone who can pass in any one direction deliberately all we can do is boot it as far as possible and hope for the best...

Suppose it makes much more sense to sling in someone who is in keeping with the rest of them, can't pass, can't play any position with pass marks and can't win the ball in the air. Bring back Robbie Winters!

How many times have you seen Aberdeen counter attack and have no one in midfield who can beat a player by running past them or passing through them? Both of those pull defenders out of position and allow strikers to operate with success. Lack of either and all you see is a defence than can mark our strikers out the game.

Maybe the nigerian boy we're meant to be signing could do us all a favour but it's gone slightly quiet on that front.

He didn't win headers against celtic either because no one delivered the ball to him. I didn't see him lose any headers in the highlights or hear them mention it happening on the radio - luckily i wasn't in aberdeen sat.

Even if sat was a bad performance by him he generally does what I described and I can't believe anyone would say he doesn't the majority of the time.

Without someone to win headers from a goal kick all we can do is boot it as far as possible and hope for the best. Without somone who can pass in any one direction deliberately all we can do is boot it as far as possible and hope for the best...

Suppose it makes much more sense to sling in someone who is in keeping with the rest of them, can't pass, can't play any position with pass marks and can't win the ball in the air. Bring back Robbie Winters!

How many times have you seen Aberdeen counter attack and have no one in midfield who can beat a player by running past them or passing through them? Both of those pull defenders out of position and allow strikers to operate with success. Lack of either and all you see is a defence than can mark our strikers out the game.

Maybe the nigerian boy we're meant to be signing could do us all a favour but it's gone slightly quiet on that front.

I was at the game, he went up for quite a few headers, which he invariably lost.  He also went arse over tit from a very simple pass than people would have been wanting to hang, draw and quarter him had it been Mackie.

I don't care who plays instead of him, but he needs dropped.

I can deal with players having bad games, I can't deal with players who just look as though they'd rather be anywhere else. He is now a senior player at Pittodrie but he takes so little responsibility when he's on the pitch. He has to be one who leads by example and it just doesn't happen.

When Miller plays well he is a huge asset, but when he can't be arsed his apathy seems to spread through the whole side. It got to the point a long time ago that I really couldn't give a fuck if he stays with us or not.

Miller has been awful when I've seen him this season. Like, you know, at the game.

Maybe he would have looked better in the highlights.

I've accepted the notion he won't be a 20 goals a season player long ago, trouble is, it is very obvious he doesn't seem to try.

Miller has been awful when I've seen him this season. Like, you know, at the game.

Maybe he would have looked better in the highlights.

I've accepted the notion he won't be a 20 goals a season player long ago, trouble is, it is very obvious he doesn't seem to try.

If I'm expressing an opinion based more on recent (like a month ago) evidence than the latest performance I honestly say so. If all of a sudden the situation is different then I'll bow to the judgement of yon wise, sober gentlemen in best position to judge.

But what's changed in his style or level of performance since last season exactly? He never 'looks' like he's trying even when he's on form. Doesn't mean he's not, just means he's fucking slow and smart enough to know it. Same debate was being had. And in the summer too. Though I wasn't posting on messageboards then, I had the same (apparently minority) opinion as I do now.  At least with Miller up front there's a chance of a performance.

I feel like a broken record now actually. Time to accept I've said my piece.

Anyway what was it you said on the Zamora thread about the validity of message board opinions...? All our debates are just like pissing in the wind. We canny change fuck all and if we could we'd probably fuck it up. Best to vent without being accountable for owt.

And less of the implying I'm an armchair fan funsterinho. I go to games when I canya mad radge! Not been since hibs or killie (whichever's most recent) cos I'm busy. But Paisleyhere I come on boxing day...woopdeedingdangdoo. What a day out!

But maverick, nothing has changed since last season with him. He has been god awful since the january transfer window shut last season. Then, the worst thing possible happened, boro were apparently interested which made him think  his horrendous performances were actually good! They saw the real miller play and sadly he's been at the club one whole season too long. I'm not having a go at you, since you say, its all about opinions, but yours is wrong ;) i have seen one maybe two good performances from the lazy cunt since the 31st jan. Bye lee miller, don't let the dons hit you on the way out.

I'm not sure it was a straight red, but what a fucking stupid cunt.  >:(

At least he'll be suspended and we don't have to watch another fucking awful performance from him.  Not sure he won any headers today.  :hammer:

Exactly what I said in the match thread Kow! I think this will be a blessing in disguise.