Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller

Part of football has to be playing to the strengths of your players. I really don't think we are doing that with Miller.

From what little I've seen of us we so need a number 10, focal point, whatever youcall it.

What would you say Millers strengths are?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a farce. Can't believe this numpty has been called up to the Scotland squad. He really needed to be droppped and given a kick up the arse, this is just rewarding him for being an absolute failure of a striker. I was impressed with his touch for the McDonald goal that was deemed offside, I think thats the most I've seen him do in well over 9 months. I just hope as you say Dave_min that this is the turning point in his season.

Terrible decision by Burley, can only assume he got called up based on how well he played against Argentina, cause it sure as fuck isn't based on his club form.

Hopefully though this little jaunt to Japan is the turning point in his season.

This is the reason he's been called up. The OF and premier/championship clubs won't want their players flying for 12 - 16 hrs.

With the risk of being accused of having an "agenda", or not wanting AFC players to receive international caps, McGhee would be making far better use of his time and energy trying to discourage Miller from going to this farce than he did with Aluko and his situation.

So, it's a friendly, he flies for 12 - 16 hours therefore there is an increase in injury risk, his fitness also suffers because of jet-lag.

He plays, suffers an injury that puts him out for 4 or more games.

or

He flies back (for 12 - 16 hours therefore there is an increase in injury risk, his fitness also suffers because of jet-lag) without having played, and gets injured in training or in the Hearts game and is out for 4 or more games.

Would it then be worthwhile for McGhee to have tried to stop him?

The risk of injury is increased due to being relatively immobile for long periods of time, therefore the chance of injury is higher than normal. Jet-lag will affect your fitness because of tiredness, they'll either be too tired to train properly or train with an increased risk of injury.

This is why South American and Australasian teams tend to play their friendlies in Europe nowadays and that's taking into account that a lot of these players will be used to flying around the world and their bodies will be more adapted to cope with the stresses it puts on the body.

I'm sure the SFA will have organised some sort of sports therapist to devise some sort of stretching plan and exercises they can do in confined spaces but I can't see how that would ever make up for 2+ days training or complete rest for each leg of the journey.

Stupid pointless trip made even more so for the likes of Miller and Wallace who weren't drafted in on merit merely because Burley's, in some cases second choice, picks have feigned injury. Injury only feigned for the very reasons I've posted previously. But these guys will feel under pressure to go knowing that a perceived snub now, will put their future international aspirations in jeopardy, and in that sense it is very similar to Aluko's situation.

I hope he plays and gets injured, as McGhee aint going to drop him and give the other strikers a chance (for legal porpoises I feel I should state that any hoped injury is not serious and dolphinetly not detrimental to his career).

You speak some ammount of carp.

;)

Some of the comments on this thread are entirely out of PLAICE!

:wave:

FFS .... should have read the thread properly and and notice that someone already beat me to 1st PLAICE, however i'm sure that EEL score a goal if he get's a game and everyone will think he's BRILL, and shout WAHOO. But then again he may just FLOUNDER and end up like a MULLET or looking like a POLLOCK.

I did try to fit "Patagonian Toothfish" in, but it just didn't fit!

Anyone want to bet he scores with his CONCH or PERIWINKLE ...... ;)

It looks like he might be in with a shout of starting ::)

Only 3 strikers available-This is getting beyond a joke. There is no way that we should be travelling to Japan during the season and with all the players pulling out of the squad(Personally i cant blame them).It just seems to me that they se playing for scotland as no big deal