Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Willie Miller must go.

Looking like the worst in a long series of shocking decisions in our recent history. I see the logic, i am no Calderwood apologist or fan and if we could have afforded to swap him for Mcghee i would have done so as well but we quite clearly could not. Tv deal etc no excuse. The likes of dundee united seem far less troubled by that than we do. Why do you think that is? Something to do with 750k spent on swapping managers? Dreadful business decision if not a footballing one. Legend or not, he must be held accountable.

Not what i heard. Not that it matters. He is director of football, he should make the call and would be surprised if he didnt do. Why has he not spoken out? Since when has he been a yes man for milne? Not how i remember it when he got the job.

He spoke out after JC left. What is it you want him to say? Is what he says in the press going to mean we've got more money to spend on transfers?

Not what i heard. Not that it matters. He is director of football, he should make the call and would be surprised if he didnt do. Why has he not spoken out? Since when has he been a yes man for milne? Not how i remember it when he got the job.

Looking like the worst in a long series of shocking decisions in our recent history. I see the logic, i am no Calderwood apologist or fan and if we could have afforded to swap him for Mcghee i would have done so as well but we quite clearly could not. Tv deal etc no excuse. The likes of dundee united seem far less troubled by that than we do. Why do you think that is? Something to do with 750k spent on swapping managers? Dreadful business decision if not a footballing one. Legend or not, he must be held accountable.

Worst post ever.

1. Willie Miller wanted JC as manager

2. He voted against the sacking

3. He said he didn't want ANY of the '83 team managing the Dons

So blaming him for that is bollocks. I notice that since the swap happened we've not heard anything from him at all.

And complaining about this 'Business Decision' he is Director of Football is he not, he has nothing to do with the Business side of the club.

Dundee United are equally fucked as us.

Nothing personal but i just dont agree. If there is anytime he should be speaking out its now. He never said he wanted jimmy to stay, that is not true. He is the go between the board and the footballing side he should have known if we could afford it or not. He is director of football for fuck sake! You trying to tell me the board decided to spend all that money changing a manager that had just got us into europe all by themselves?dont buy it

Dunno how much it helps, but most of my work mates are non-Dandys and they all seem to rate McGhee and think he has just faced these Euro games a bit too early in the day...

No sure i'm convinced, but it's a straw, innit?!

We'll find out in due course how good or bad we really are.

At the moment we are just fucking depressed!

Nothing personal but i just dont agree. If there is anytime he should be speaking out its now. He never said he wanted jimmy to stay, that is not true. He is the go between the board and the footballing side he should have known if we could afford it or not. He is director of football for fuck sake! You trying to tell me the board decided to spend all that money changing a manager that had just got us into europe all by themselves?dont buy it

Why wouldn't the board decide that? Members of the board wanted him out after QOTS, what would be so radical about that?

Millers on a 200k a year contract

Thats far too much for someone who does very little

He should go and thats money for a new player

Darren mackie is on about £100k a year

he should go and thats money for a new player

Foster is on about £100k a year

The tea lady is on minimum wage. she should go and thats money for a new player

ya see where im going with this?

Reds and co and angus the bull are on fuck all

They should just go

Millers on a 200k a year contract

Thats far too much for someone who does very little

He should go and thats money for a new player

No, the highest paid director is on 200k a year, whether or not that is miller is debatable, personally i'd doubt he is the highest paid of the directors...

re bobby biscuit. Apologies dont know how to quote. Computer fucked! Ha. Ofcourse the board are involved in the decision but miller, as director of football, should know where we need strengthed etc and how much that is going to cost. Thats his job surely? So if we have x amount and we spend x amount on changing managers and we now have the square root of fuck all in the way of defenders. Whose fault is it? Not the new managers anyway. He is liable for the decision. If he had no input why the fuck is he at pittodrie in first place? Like i say nothing personal just debating this cause i think he gets an easy ride because of who he is

re bobby biscuit. Apologies dont know how to quote. Computer fucked! Ha. Ofcourse the board are involved in the decision but miller, as director of football, should know where we need strengthed etc and how much that is going to cost. Thats his job surely? So if we have x amount and we spend x amount on changing managers and we now have the square root of fuck all in the way of defenders. Whose fault is it? Not the new managers anyway. He is liable for the decision. If he had no input why the fuck is he at pittodrie in first place? Like i say nothing personal just debating this cause i think he gets an easy ride because of who he is

It looks like more standard Aberdeen-fans-looking-for-a-scapegoat-ing.

We're pish - sack the manager!

Fuck, we're still pish - sack the director of football

What's next? Fuck, we're still pish - sack the board/chairman/tea lady

It looks like more standard Aberdeen-fans-looking-for-a-scapegoat-ing.

We're pish - sack the manager!

Fuck, we're still pish - sack the director of football

What's next? Fuck, we're still pish - sack the board/chairman/tea lady

That tea lady was hired the same day we signed billy dodds

And we all know what happened that season

dave well what would you suggest doing? Nothing? Dont offer your opinion and let apathy rule? Someone is to blame and lessons need to be learned so it does not happen again.

i suggest we do some serious research and find out real reasons why we are pish instead of just taking out the job list of AFC putting it up on the wall and throwing darts at it till you hit a name and then blame them.

Willie miller, stewart milne, mark mchee are obvious targets. why not delve into the full backroom staff. theres always someone in a company that isnt pulling their weight. Find out who that is and sack them. then see what happens after that

dave well what would you suggest doing? Nothing? Dont offer your opinion and let apathy rule? Someone is to blame and lessons need to be learned so it does not happen again.

I suggest we don't blow our whole budget replacing a pretty average management team with another pretty average management team when investment is clearly needed in our playing staff.

I suggest we don't blow our whole budget replacing a pretty average management team with another pretty average management team when investment is clearly needed in our playing staff.

Absolutely.  But let's not pretend for one minute that if JC was still in charge he would have been give that 750k (if that is an accurate figure) as a transfer kitty.

This pre-season, more than any other I can remember, is riddled with "what might have been's".  Some decisions we agree with, disagree with, get infuiated by, but there is fuck-all we can do about it now.

But surely the last thing we need is to be sacking more people and paying more compensation?

This is our lot people, hard times. But like fj says - what is the alternative apart from just giving up?  We get on with it.  From top to bottom, Board room to occasional supporter, we have to get on with it.  League starts next weekend and nobody is going to do us any favours, now more than ever we need to be together to get the club out of this hole.

ya see where im going with this?

Reds and co and angus the bull are on fuck all

They should just go

I cant see pish players getting 2k a week

Miller dosent know much about how the director of football role works.

ya see where im going with this

If they were on £10 a year i would be happy for them to go but the trouble now is we are so thin player wise the tea lady might have to get her kit on.