Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Willie Miller must go.

re bobby biscuit. Apologies dont know how to quote. Computer fucked! Ha. Ofcourse the board are involved in the decision but miller, as director of football, should know where we need strengthed etc and how much that is going to cost. Thats his job surely? So if we have x amount and we spend x amount on changing managers and we now have the square root of fuck all in the way of defenders. Whose fault is it? Not the new managers anyway. He is liable for the decision. If he had no input why the fuck is he at pittodrie in first place? Like i say nothing personal just debating this cause i think he gets an easy ride because of who he is

No, that is not his job! Why do people not understand this? Miller may well have an opinion on where we need to strengthen, but the final decision is down to the manager. Do you think Miller said to JC "Do you know what Jimmy, I think you should just go back and plunder Dunfermline for players you used to have"?

Miller's job is a go between from the manager and the board. He said at the start of his tenure that he could certainly suggest players to the management team, but the decision is theirs and once they've made their mind up he has to go and get that player whether he agrees with their choice or not (example: Derek Young).  The manager makes the call on where we need to strengthen, surely to God you had noticed this during JC's reign? 

What would have happened if Miller had gone out and signed a few players while we were getting the McGhee deal sorted out, McGhee finally comes in and looks at the players Miller had signed and said "I don't want any of them."?  You would have criticised Miller for that too.

As Dave said, the marked turn around in our fortunes since Miller came in is enough to let him continue in his job, particularly because of the fact we now actually have players coming through the youth ranks who look as though they may be of use to us as opposed to the dross that came through before Miller was appointed. 

But don't let any of this get in the way of your hysteria.

It looks like more standard Aberdeen-fans-looking-for-a-scapegoat-ing.

We're pish - sack the manager!

Fuck, we're still pish - sack the director of football

What's next? Fuck, we're still pish - sack the board/chairman/tea lady

Yip, think a lot of Aberdeen supporters wouldnae be oot of place in a good old fashioned witch hunt, holding Miller aloft as they carry him to the burning pyre erected in the Castle-gate after another heavy defeat by Stenhousemuir, before turning their bloodlust to Stewarty cowering in the corner.... burn them all they scream, and whens there's no-one left we'll burn them again etc etc etc....ye get the drift?

bobby. I agree with you that that is millers role in general. Ofcourse its the managers job to sign players etc and i am not suggesting miller should have signed players when we were managerless. What i am saying is that someone at pittodrie decided to spend a fortune swapping a management team over, who were performing reasonably, on the field at least when we clearly could not afford it. Miller then as director of football has a role to play. He has to have the foresight to know we will need strengthened and money will be required and make that patently clear to non football directors. In my view he failed miserably. He should be held accountable

bobby. I agree with you that that is millers role in general. Ofcourse its the managers job to sign players etc and i am not suggesting miller should have signed players when we were managerless. What i am saying is that someone at pittodrie decided to spend a fortune swapping a management team over, who were performing reasonably, on the field at least when we clearly could not afford it. Miller then as director of football has a role to play. He has to have the foresight to know we will need strengthened and money will be required and make that patently clear to non football directors. In my view he failed miserably. He should be held accountable

The "non football directors" as you put it, wanted JC out. As most of them will hold or have held roles in financial institutions they will be well aware of the financial implications on the club. Probably moreso than our Director of Football. 

So, who do we hold accountable for Setanta Collapsing? Who do we Sack because the Economy has stopped working?

The Board has made a decision. In the space of 6 weeks and 2 competitive games we can't say if it was the right decision or not, so lets sit back relax and wait to see what happens.. Then at the end of the season we can all start arguing about this again. Everybody needs to keep a copy of thier opinion so we can have a told you so session after the cup final!!

bobby totally agree about the directors and their financial experience.  But Miller surely should have stepped in and anticipated theproblems on the field a lack o money and time would cause.  I know we are only 2 games in but thats us out of Europe and less money again next year. 

Mini - granted setanta has not helped but I dont think that is the reason we suffered our heaviest ever european defeat.

Anyway I truly hope I am wrong (it certainlywould not be the first time) and it eventually turns out to be the best decision in our recent history.