Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Celtic got Mowbry last night so do we get Mcgee now.

Guest onlyjim

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems folk are already sharpening their knives and looking for excuses should McGhee underperform, should he get the job ! Whats next MIG / MMG..?

Unreal.

He is affiliated with both teams, Celtic have a bigger budget, chance of Champions League - its a no brainer. I would be questioning his ambition if he did not consider the Celtic job a bigger draw..

Whats still good about us getting him, should it pan out that way, is that it'll stick in the throats of the Jambos, however happy they are with Laszlo at present they still had a jizzfest over the prospect of getting Dingus and only the temptation of the Celtic job a year down the line stopped him.

I do think it would be funny though if he was interviewed, WM picked someone else and Dingus ended up stuck at Motherwell , i only see him being around for 2 seasons or so if he does get the gig.

Meant to say good post penfold.

Ok, no-one has spoken to Motherwell, or McGhee. No-one has approached West Brom.

Some cunt is most likely lying!

Nobody move! That lassie got glassed, and no cunt leaves here till we find out what cunt did it

It seems folk are already sharpening their knives and looking for excuses should McGhee underperform, should he get the job ! Whats next MIG / MMG..?

Unreal.

He is affiliated with both teams, Celtic have a bigger budget, chance of Champions League - its a no brainer. I would be questioning his ambition if he did not consider the Celtic job a bigger draw..

Whats still good about us getting him, should it pan out that way, is that it'll stick in the throats of the Jambos, however happy they are with Laszlo at present they still had a jizzfest over the prospect of getting Dingus and only the temptation of the Celtic job a year down the line stopped him.

I do think it would be funny though if he was interviewed, WM picked someone else and Dingus ended up stuck at Motherwell , i only see him being around for 2 seasons or so if he does get the gig.

Why the fuck would anyone be having one of those at the prospect of getting a new manager that couldn't even keep his team in the top 6 for 2 seasons in a row

I think McGhee did okay at Motherwell - the first season saw some awesome football. If he came to Pittodrie and replicated the early form they showed then that is the medicine we all need. Calderwood for all the stability and progress made the game more often than not dull. I think many of our fans would be happy with a cup win and bottom 6 finishes if the product on the pitch was more enjoyable, although finishes in the league of this nature would soon hound another manager out the door.

At Motherwell they lost their main midfield presence, their best goal threat and played on a pitch that looked like a field, these factor plus a budget considerably less than ours make McGhee an enticing proposition. This season saw them sustain a number of injuries over winter and without those then I think they would have finished above Hibs.

I have never been an out and out fan of McGhee and question his ability to sustain a challenge - something I saw as underlined by him signing Bob Malcolm and also Calderwood trumping him on tactics on a couple of occasions.

Whoever it tunrs out to be they will get 100% support that goes without saying, right now am more interested in the players who are out there we could attract and what budget is attached to the new position - then we will really see Aberdeens ambition. Dorman, Barr, Arfield, Cregg to name a few

I think McGhee did okay at Motherwell - the first season saw some awesome football. If he came to Pittodrie and replicated the early form they showed then that is the medicine we all need. Calderwood for all the stability and progress made the game more often than not dull. I think many of our fans would be happy with a cup win and bottom 6 finishes if the product on the pitch was more enjoyable, although finishes in the league of this nature would soon hound another manager out the door.

At Motherwell they lost their main midfield presence, their best goal threat and played on a pitch that looked like a field, these factor plus a budget considerably less than ours make McGhee an enticing proposition. This season saw them sustain a number of injuries over winter and without those then I think they would have finished above Hibs.

I have never been an out and out fan of McGhee and question his ability to sustain a challenge - something I saw as underlined by him signing Bob Malcolm and also Calderwood trumping him on tactics on a couple of occasions.

Whoever it tunrs out to be they will get 100% support that goes without saying, right now am more interested in the players who are out there we could attract and what budget is attached to the new position - then we will really see Aberdeens ambition. Dorman, Barr, Arfield, Cregg to name a few

You can say that about almost every team tho - if Jamie Smith had kept injury free who knows what might have happened

And I don't agree that our JMG mob would accept bottom 6 - it would be outrageous if they did after the fuss they have made about Jimmy - I don't expect them to give our new manager any less of a hard time - in fact I demand it of them  ;D

You can say that about almost every team tho - if Jamie Smith had kept injury free who knows what might have happened

And I don't agree that our JMG mob would accept bottom 6 - it would be outrageous if they did after the fuss they have made about Jimmy - I don't expect them to give our new manager any less of a hard time - in fact I demand it of them  ;D

I'm looking forward to their assessment of tactics and his general weeginess should he get the nod.

In November and December, Scott Leitch and I worked really hard to keep the heads up of those who were there and believe there was a day soon when they would get some help.

"That's where I feel I did my best work. I feel if I had let it slip then, by the time the likes of Stephen Craigan, David Clarkson, Stephen Hughes and Paul Quinn were back our position would not be recoverable.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/motherwell/2009/04/04/my-kids-wanted-me-to-quit-motherwell-after-fans-abuse-reveals-mark-mcghee-86908-21252651/

Just looking back they did have the entire core of their team injured so I think its fair to say Motherwell had it rougher than some other teams, interesting to read in the same article the 2-0 defeat by Hamilton, also complete cunts to us last season, nearly made him walk away. If he thinks that was pressure then beware the mob of 7 folk outside Pittodrie with bits of A4 adorned with MMG in the future..

Will be truly laughing my cock off if after our first defeat its described as sloppy..

Are any of them under contract?

Dorman definitely is ergo, no he won't be coming. :hammer:

In November and December, Scott Leitch and I worked really hard to keep the heads up of those who were there and believe there was a day soon when they would get some help.

"That's where I feel I did my best work. I feel if I had let it slip then, by the time the likes of Stephen Craigan, David Clarkson, Stephen Hughes and Paul Quinn were back our position would not be recoverable.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/motherwell/2009/04/04/my-kids-wanted-me-to-quit-motherwell-after-fans-abuse-reveals-mark-mcghee-86908-21252651/

Just looking back they did have the entire core of their team injured so I think its fair to say Motherwell had it rougher than some other teams, interesting to read in the same article the 2-0 defeat by Hamilton, also complete cunts to us last season, nearly made him walk away. If he thinks that was pressure then beware the mob of 7 folk outside Pittodrie with bits of A4 adorned with MMG in the future..

Will be truly laughing my cock off if after our first defeat its described as sloppy..

Diamond, Smith, McDonald, Considine, Mackie. All out for long periods last season.

Kerr was out too but only for a few seconds apparently.  ;)

Yes but it could factor in somewhere.. am sure I read on Mad we offered him a 2 yr deal.

Wildly speculating that if this 2 yr deal paid better than the 3 yr one he eventually got, then us reneging on our deal with a shot at getting Dorman allowed Saints to take Mair - who knows.

All very implausible but who knows..

So Montana it is ok if we finish in the bottom 6 next season as long as we have had loads of injuries  ;)

I would be appalled if Aberdeen finished in Bottom 6 next season and I sincerely hope they don't. Calderwood has left a good platform for whoever comes in to continue improving the respectability we have taken 5 years to earn, it will certainly be interesting to see how our new boss copes with the benchmark he has set.

Football is a results business and Top 6 is minimum we can expect from any manager regardless of injuries. WM demands league stages of the Europa League, although I think that is a big ask am happy to use that as a measure against our new boss whoever they may be..

I would be appalled if Aberdeen finished in Bottom 6 next season and I sincerely hope they don't. Calderwood has left a good platform for whoever comes in to continue improving the respectability we have taken 5 years to earn, it will certainly be interesting to see how our new boss copes with the benchmark he has set.

Football is a results business and Top 6 is minimum we can expect from any manager regardless of injuries. WM demands league stages of the Europa League, although I think that is a big ask am happy to use that as a measure against our new boss whoever they may be..

I must admit I was quite surprised to read that the other day

Top 6, Europa League, cup final and exciting attacking attractive football - whoever our new manager is he better hit the ground running  ;D

I am sitting here pondering McGhees favoured 4-3-3 tactics and wondering how our current crop will get on with this system and whether the JMG mob with their 'play 4-4-2 and you will win most weeks, its not rocket science' mantra will appreciate it. ;D

I also think that Jimmy much vaunted, but often hidden, tactical nous came to the fore in some of our European games with some great performances and ultimately only being let down by the inferior players at his disposal whereas McGhees team in Europe was hammered home and away looking tactially inept. Interesting times ahead.