Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic got Mowbry last night so do we get Mcgee now.

Guest onlyjim

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Mowbray and McGhee were hanging by the telephone last night as Desmond, Lawwell and the rest of the plc board deliberated over the two candidates.

Do you reckon Miller and Milne were privy to that conference call aswell  ::)

Fucks sake we canny even do our own negotiating we just take the left overs  :hammer:

Both Mowbray and McGhee were hanging by the telephone last night as Desmond, Lawwell and the rest of the plc board deliberated over the two candidates.

Do you reckon Miller and Milne were privy to that conference call aswell  ::)

Fucks sake we canny even do our own negotiating we just take the left overs  :hammer:

I think this is what frustrates me about the whole affair. It makes me feel like we are desperate, which we probably are as they want to get the right man. I'm just not convinced he is the right man.

The whole affair is just pissing me off how the fuck are we supposed to welcome McGhee as our new manager when it is blatently obvious he wanted to be somewhere else  >:D

And how the hell is he gonna influence players to sign for us..........................

I agree with the principle Padre but as has been said elsewhere, the conversation should be nothing more than "Do you want the job?" if the answer is not "Yes" the response by Miller is "Fuck off, next!"

If he's our first choice and there's a chance we might still get him then you have to be realistic and see how things pan out. The standard of the other applicants clearly isn't as high as WM makes out if McGhee is our top man. I really fucking despise the JMG mob for the state we're now in. Utter cunts, to a man.

No manager in his right mind would have picked us over Celtic.  But it is frustrating, if McGhee had ended up at Parkhead you wonder where we would have turned for a new manager?  Makes getting rid of JC a total farce.

Afc in shambolic manager hunt shocker.

I agree with the principle Padre but as has been said elsewhere, the conversation should be nothing more than "Do you want the job?" if the answer is not "Yes" the response by Miller is "Fuck off, next!"

Exactly, surely we want someone that is 100% committed to the cause, and its quite obvious for all to see (I don't blame him) that he wants the choir boys anonymous job. Does make you wonder who else that is remotely qualified is on that list  :-\

The whole affair is just pissing me off how the fuck are we supposed to welcome McGhee as our new manager when it is blatently obvious he wanted to be somewhere else  >:D

You would think he would go away from Celtic as he is blatantly not their first, second or third choice.

No manager in his right mind would have picked us over Celtic.  But it is frustrating, if McGhee had ended up at Parkhead you wonder where we would have turned for a new manager?  Makes getting rid of JC a total farce.

Exactly.

That could be the issue right there. Celtic have nothing attributed to them saying they are remotely interested. They made official approaches to all three clubs so far, Boyle's phone must be cut off eh? Maybe the only one reckoning on McGhee getting the job is McGhee himself.

I also reckon a squad of barely literate numbnuts are dangerously close to getting credit for something they had fuck all influence over.

That could be the issue right there. Celtic have nothing attributed to them saying they are remotely interested. They made official approaches to all three clubs so far, Boyle's phone must be cut off eh? Maybe the only one reckoning on McGhee getting the job is McGhee himself.

I also reckon a squad of barely literate numbnuts are dangerously close to getting credit for something they had fuck all influence over.

The tims may have been interested last season when he took Motherwell to 3rd but lets face it that's why a lot of us don't fancy him for the dons cause he couldn't sustain it

At the very least they're going to get what they wished for, and it's not good.

We'll all back McGhee if he gets the job and I'm sure we'll all have that nice nostalgic feeling that comes with an ex player/legend coming back to the club but that won't last forever and he better pray that he has what it takes or the knives will be out pronto. JC did a lot for this club and was shat on for his efforts so I doubt it will be any different for our next weegie manager.

The tims may have been interested last season when he took Motherwell to 3rd but lets face it that's why a lot of us don't fancy him for the dons cause he couldn't sustain it

You don't fancy Mark McGhee because he can't sustain it.  ;)

Makes getting rid of JC a total farce.

Still 100% the correct decision to let him go. We are atalking about commitment McGhee would have, but it will be more than Calderwood would have had. At any point during his tenure if the huns had came in, he would have gone in a flash. Add to that his comments after the Celtic game where he had taken us as far as he could etc.