Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Celtic got Mowbry last night so do we get Mcgee now.

Guest onlyjim

Still 100% the correct decision to let him go. We are atalking about commitment McGhee would have, but it will be more than Calderwood would have had. At any point during his tenure if the huns had came in, he would have gone in a flash. Add to that his comments after the Celtic game where he had taken us as far as he could etc.

I'll be amazed if any manager can do better (outside winning a cup, which is generally a lottery anyway) than JC did with the money and facilities available. Theres clubs in Scotland with a tenth of our finances that have access to proper training facilities the likes of which we can only imagine having at our fantasy new stadium when it's built in 40 years time.

Commitment? McGhee? Lmaonade!

More than Calderwood  :thumbsup:

5 years at a club where he was hated isn't commitment?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of a range of quite cuntingly awful posts, that is probably the winner. A guy who hasn't yet even accepted the job (probably because he wants another job) shows more commitment than a guy who did it for 5 years and got sacked in the end up. McGhee will not be at AFC for 5 years. Not one iota of a chance. Idiot.

I agree with the principle Padre but as has been said elsewhere, the conversation should be nothing more than "Do you want the job?" if the answer is not "Yes" the response by Miller is "Fuck off, next!"

Amen brother, couldn't have put it better myself ;)

Mizer if Jimmy had made us that good a team that Rangers would have wanted him as their manager I suspect even you would have been gutted to see him go

You cannot question his commitment to the dons when he was with - that is just riddiculous

McGhee on the other hand at this precise moment has shown none 

Of a range of quite cuntingly awful posts, that is probably the winner. A guy who hasn't yet even accepted the job (probably because he wants another job) shows more commitment than a guy who did it for 5 years and got sacked in the end up. McGhee will not be at AFC for 5 years. Not one iota of a chance. Idiot.

The board showed him the commitment, most other clubs in a position like ours would have dunted a manger after the cup results we had - instead we gave him contract extensions.......

When did other clubs come in for him to leave, I cant think of him being seriously liked to another job.

Mizer, I'm sorry but I completely disagree with you. JC showed us plenty of commitment, and we know, had he  got offered the chance to manage a bigger club, he would have jumped at the chance, much like Dingus would and clearly is still holding onto a faint hope. There is no way he will be at the club after 5 years if he is appointed. Yet he's supposed to be one of us and is holding the club to ransome?!? I will support him if he's made manager but by fuck, I'm not happy about it and he's making an arse out of us and the club.

Can't blame McGhee for hanging on for the Celtic job. The difference in money, players to work with and probable Champions League football would make any manager in with a chance hang on.

If he comes to us and does well enough for us that Celtic are interested again when Mowbray goes then I don't see the problem. Every player at Pittodrie will have dreams of going onto bigger clubs and they need to perform well for AFC to have a chance of this. Same goes for the management team.

In an ideal word he'd have stuffed Celtic job and signed for us immediately, but with the size of club we are if we want to get our top targets it's likely we'll have to wait on them to exhaust other options. Lets face it, any manager who would have taken the job in a flash (Whelan, Windass) would have been shite.

The board showed him the commitment, most other clubs in a position like ours would have dunted a manger after the cup results we had - instead we gave him contract extensions.......

When did other clubs come in for him to leave, I cant think of him being seriously liked to another job.

The noises that have been coming from Pittodrie are that he was done and dusted after the dunfermline game.

That Euro run under the two Jimmys was the best thing to happen at this club since WM was the manager and I don't see that or anything like it being repeated by the JMG's poster boy. We've lost a good manager in Calderwood and the only way we can go now is backwards.

Mizer if Jimmy had made us that good a team that Rangers would have wanted him as their manager I suspect even you would have been gutted to see him go

You cannot question his commitment to the dons when he was with - that is just riddiculous

McGhee on the other hand at this precise moment has shown none 

Getting a large amount of compensation money for him from David Murray, It would have been hilarious.

I am not a McGhee fan, he has done nothing in his managerial career for us and Im not old enough to remember him playing for us so for me his is starting on a blank slate. I think he could have potential with a bigger budget he will get with being at us but its a chance.

*I did have a bit here about Calderwood and stuff, but there is no point in continuing the four year argument - he's gone and wont be coming back.

We have taken a gamble to get rid of a steady league manager looking for chance to find someone who can lead us to a cup victory and close in behind which ever of the Glasgow teams finish second. Most likely we will end up in a similar position, but there is also a chance we could go backwards especially the first season as any new management team finds it feet with a new squad. BUT at the moment I am delighted as there is a real sense of excitement about the club and the fans at something new.

There's not a management team out there that will come to us that are better than the Two Jimmy's. Look at the supposed list of applicants for the job, its embarrassing.

Cheer the fuck up min its sunny, lets see who gets appointed and see what the do pre-season before we make any judgements.

I'm away to get my hair cut, when I come back I dont want to see any wailing and gnashing of teeth, lets be look forward with positivity and hope  ;D

Can't blame McGhee for hanging on for the Celtic job. The difference in money, players to work with and probable Champions League football would make any manager in with a chance hang on.

If he comes to us and does well enough for us that Celtic are interested again when Mowbray goes then I don't see the problem. Every player at Pittodrie will have dreams of going onto bigger clubs and they need to perform well for AFC to have a chance of this. Same goes for the management team.

In an ideal word he'd have stuffed Celtic job and signed for us immediately, but with the size of club we are if we want to get our top targets it's likely we'll have to wait on them to exhaust other options. Lets face it, any manager who would have taken the job in a flash (Whelan, Windass) would have been shite.

Spot on Penfold. I have no time for this mythical idea that you can find loyalty and unconditional committment from any professional player or manager. Every manager is in the same position with regards to climbing a career ladder.

McGhee has not once come out and said publicly that he is waiting to hear if he is getting a better job (and lets not pretend it is anything other than that) before accepting ours. So all this outpouring of frustration from you lot is presumptious, emotional bullshit. You need to think rationally about the situation. If it does turn out that McGhee has been waiting then so what, the question is will he do a good job for us, its got nothing to do with where he would rather be.

I'd rather be sitting in my Tuscan mansion or my yaucht in the Caribbean but in reality I give 110% to my employer because thats where I am. Get over this 'second choice' shite, its a childs view. We are always going to be less than first choice for every player and manager.