Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Mulgrew, Bougherra and cheating arse refered to panel

Madjid Bougherra and Kyle Lafferty of Rangers and Charlie Mulgrew of Aberdeen have been referred to the Scottish FA Review Panel.

Referee Stuart Dougal, having reviewed the footage of the match, has decided that the incident that took place between Mulgrew and Lafferty should not have resulted in a red card for the Aberdeen player. It will now be for the Review Panel to decide what, if any action, should be taken against Mulgrew.

The Review Panel will also consider whether or not Kyle Lafferty has a case to answer when it comes to committing an alleged act of simulation. Should they decide that there is a case to answer, the matter will be referred to the next meeting of the Scottish FA Disciplinary Committee.

Referee Stuart Dougal has also reviewed the circumstances surrounding the sending off of Madjid Bougherra. The player had been dismissed as a result of what the Assistant Referee considered to be an act of violent conduct by the player following the initial challenge on the Aberdeen goalkeeper. Having examined the footage, the referee has decided that the player should not have received a red card for violent conduct. It will now be for the Review Panel to decide what, if any, action should be taken against the player.

The Review Panel will be convened this week. It is made up of a former player, manager and referee.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=279&newsID=4656

Guest Nellie The Don

I wonder what the odds are on Bougherra's card getting rescinded and Mulgrew's not?

If that happens it's time to descend on Park Gardens with burning torches.

EDIT : Clearly I actually mean Hampden, but lets occupy Park Gardens as well just to be on the safe side, eh? Ahem.  :-[

I wonder what the odds are on Bougherra's card getting rescinded and Mulgrew's not?

I heard a report on BBC saying Mulgrews card would be rescinded. Obviously not fact if the panel has not met but they were pretty certain about it.

The SFA have this morning confirmed the following:

Madjid Bougherra of Rangers and Charlie Mulgrew of Aberdeen have had the red cards they received during last weekend's match between the two clubs reduced to yellow, following a meeting of the Review Panel this morning.

The Review Panel also decided that the incidents involving Scott McDonald of Celtic during the match against Dundee United and Glenn Loovens of Celtic during the match against Rangers should be referred to the next meeting of the Scottish FA Disciplinary Committee.

The Review Panel also considered the alleged act of simulation by Kyle Lafferty of Rangers during the match against Aberdeen. They have decided that the matter should also be referred to the Scottish FA Disciplinary Committee.

The Disciplinary Committee is scheduled to meet before the start of next season.

Charlie Mulgrew spoke to RedWeb after hearing the news.

"On Saturday I was devastated at the time because I knew I had done nothing wrong. It was a horrible feeling. The team had started the game so well and we will never know what would have happened if I had not been sent off.

"I am pleased Kyle has apologised and the referee has admitted he made a mistake.

"As far as I am concerned the matter is now closed.

"I am just really looking forward to Sunday now and being available to help the team in what is a massive game. It will be a difficult game as Hibs are in great form but hopefully with the crowd behind us we can get the win we need and other results will go our way. "

::)