Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

New stadium thread

ACC, Aberdeen Univ and RGU have on a number of occasions worked and consulted with AFC as regards training facilities e.g. Kingslinks.

The club have knocked these plans back and decided not to progress in an effort to press on with Kingsford/Loriston etc.

Kinsgford is plan C.

As Kingsford is dying on its arse transport wise where is Plan D going to be located?

I open the floor.........

ACC, Aberdeen Univ and RGU have on a number of occasions worked and consulted with AFC as regards training facilities e.g. Kingslinks.

The club have knocked these plans back and decided not to progress in an effort to press on with Kingsford/Loriston etc.

Kinsgford is plan C.

As Kingsford is dying on its arse transport wise where is Plan D going to be located?

You've told us you know the location offered by ACC, please spill the beans

Kinsgford is plan C.

Ok, so it's been widely reported that the club has tried to have a link up with the universities with regards to training facilities, do you have any proof the club "decided not to progress" solely due to Kingsford (or Loriston before that) rather than perhaps no mutually beneficial arrangement being found? Or are you assuming that because the plans never came to fruition its because of a real desire to move to kingsford? (even though the Uni discussions were long before Kingsford was ever suggested from memory...)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/training-ground-blow-aberdeen-forced-6041888

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/pitching-into-the-main-job-in-hand/

(excuse the DR link!)

Now why would they even start site prep works if they had no intention of following through? (ignoring the fact that this was before Kingsford was ever on the table, and from memory Loriston had already been ruled out by this point) You may have a better memory than me (and google didnt throw anything up either) but has the club ever discussed training facilities at kings links with the universities? The links above are for Balgownie which seems to be the furthest we've ever managed to get with discussions on a tie in. I'm sure you'll be able to enlighten us all though...  :thumbsup:

You've still not mentioned what land the club have been "offered" though... are you ever going to answer the question or can we assume it's pure fabrication?

Its already been discussed on this thread if you pay attention.

ACC identified and held a consultation with AFC.  Kingslinks (30 seconds from Pittodrie) was identified as ideal location for stadium, training ground etc. It would have all allowed Pittodrie to be flattened, flats built and a new stadium adjacent to the old one.

In addition, the club have withdrawn from discussions with AU, RGU particularly around training facilities (which may well have been in place by now) and chose not to partner the Sports Village thing (when it was just in planning) as they always wanted to 'go it alone'.

In going it alone they have chosen 3 or 4 project concepts that have failed since 1999 and culminating in the latest Plan C Kingsford project which is now also in doubt as they have submitted a failure of a transport plan which rides roughshod over just about every planning and local development initiative going.

So that is numerous Projects over the course of 18 years which have failed to deliver a new stadium for the manager while sporting infrastructure that is better than they plan at Kingsford (indoor facilities at ASV) were not a club priority.

Throw in 15 years of neglect of Pittodrie (including the dire state of pitch these days) and its not difficult to detect that the club have blown a load of cash on virtual ideas and failed plans including the current pigs breakfast which cost £50k+ (not to mention £££££££££ spent on previous failed plans).

So, again I open the floor Plan D - where?

ACC identified and held a consultation with AFC.  Kingslinks (30 seconds from Pittodrie) was identified as ideal location for stadium, training ground etc. It would have all allowed Pittodrie to be flattened, flats built and a new stadium adjacent to the old one.

In addition, the club have withdrawn from discussions with AU, RGU particularly around training facilities (which may well have been in place by now) and chose not to partner the Sports Village thing (when it was just in planning) as they always wanted to 'go it alone'.

Identifying the possibility of using Kings Links is a world away from being "offered" the land. If you can't see that then there's really no point engaging with you any more... Yes Kings Links was identified as a potential option, not an "ideal" location.  It's also been discussed at length why it's not a feasible option, as far as I can tell it didnt include training facilities either.

Regarding ASV, do you really think indoor only facilities is suitable for a professional club? Great for poor weather I'll admit but it's required in addition to proper grass pitches, not instead of. Why would the club get involved with the ASV when there was never any plans to provide the type of facilities required?

So back to this offer... anything to back up your claim? or just the fact that it was identified as a potential site? Was the golf course/driving range consulted before the council offered the land?

Ah so, there's nothing on the table from ACC, which is what you alluded to?

Kings Links has been ruled out due to cost and size. 

Agree not having community use of the facilities on match days isn't ideal, but you only need to see how busy the likes of goals etc are weekday evenings to see how much use proper floodlit pitches would get. I know for a fact the 5's we play at goals would shift out there as it's right on the doorstep for all the players after work. I'm also guessing the benefit to opening the gym to the community would be for casual users rather than having to pay membership fees. Again that's just a guess. You're right though it's not an amazing offering to the community but it's still something. Having the AFCCT and meeting rooms etc for use by community groups also adds to it.

I'd disagree with Manc about it being large due to community use, it doesn't seem any bigger or more extravagant than the likes of hearts facilities which I'd imagine is a good bench mark.

Hearts have (from what I can tell) 5 full size outdoor pitches and an indoor facility? This is shared with the university if I'm not mistaken. I'd say we're on par (minus the indoor facility) with that? The two pitches closest to the road would appear to be the designated academy/ community use pitches which could offer 4 7aside pitches if I'm not mistaken. I'd expect nothing less (I do think more should be done to encourage other sports) as part of the community aspect. Any less in scale or size would be deemed a token gesture. The fact theyre 3g and floodlit should be encouragement in itself. Are they (the council) not looking to build a lot of new houses nearby?  Would imagine folk from the surrounding areas would happily use those rather than the sub standard pitches at the sports centre down the way.

Kingslinks and a host of other location have been ruled out by the club for the basic reason that they do not want the cost and politics of buying land from ACC.

If you are going to get into discussions about sands, etc then land at Kingsford is not perfect.  There is asbestos that will have to be dislodged for work to happen.  Asbestos is a killer but sand is not.

Aberdeen City Council are desperate for cash (public sector) they have lord knows how many public parks and land available across the city for development.  Kingslinks (beside Broadhill behind ballroom) was used regularly by the club during Skhovdhal era for training everyday. 

There are public parks north, south, east, west of the city. When we were the best team in Europe we trained on one of them - Seaton Park.

Milne does not want to engage in land purchase from Council.  He doesn't like them ideologically.  Hence Kingslink being ruled out.

He wants a 100% private enterprise i.e. money lining the pockets of a private few rather than the public purse.

He is a total Tory. 

So you see there are many areas of the city that the club could partner the Council via and collaborate in a public/private joint venture way towards a new stadium being built.

Stewart Milne and Yule do not want that.  They want a 100% private investment and to give Council the big v-signs.

In the Kingsford case again however, its going to be a NO.

Back to the drawing board.  Its all so political.

Kingslinks and a host of other location have been ruled out by the club for the basic reason that they do not want the cost and politics of buying land from ACC.

If you are going to get into discussions about sands, etc then land at Kingsford is not perfect.  There is asbestos that will have to be dislodged for work to happen.  Asbestos is a killer but sand is not.

Aberdeen City Council are desperate for cash (public sector) they have lord knows how many public parks and land available across the city for development.  Kingslinks (beside Broadhill behind ballroom) was used regularly by the club during Skhovdhal era for training everyday. 

There are public parks north, south, east, west of the city. When we were the best team in Europe we trained on one of them - Seaton Park.

Milne does not want to engage in land purchase from Council.  He doesn't like them ideologically.  Hence Kingslink being ruled out.

He wants a 100% private enterprise i.e. money lining the pockets of a private few rather than the public purse.

He is a total Tory. 

So you see there are many areas of the city that the club could partner the Council via and collaborate in a public/private joint venture way towards a new stadium being built.

Stewart Milne and Yule do not want that.  They want a 100% private investment and to give Council the big v-signs.

Breathtaking arrogance.

So any public space is ok to lose, but a landfill park with no discernable value is an awful choice. Incredible.

And "lining the pockets" of the brothers whose land it is, and who (with their father before them) have farmed it longer than I've been alive, and whose value is very small due to, you know, it being nothing more than landfill, is hardy the "private few".

Again, you fail to back up your claim that the council are offering a specific alternative site. Your new claim that they've been offered a host of others sites is also nothing but hyperbole.

Hearts have (from what I can tell) 5 full size outdoor pitches and an indoor facility? This is shared with the university if I'm not mistaken. I'd say we're on par (minus the indoor facility) with that? The two pitches closest to the road would appear to be the designated academy/ community use pitches which could offer 4 7aside pitches if I'm not mistaken. I'd expect nothing less (I do think more should be done to encourage other sports) as part of the community aspect. Any less in scale or size would be deemed a token gesture. The fact theyre 3g and floodlit should be encouragement in itself. Are they (the council) not looking to build a lot of new houses nearby?  Would imagine folk from the surrounding areas would happily use those rather than the sub standard pitches at the sports centre down the way.

Aye admittedly I'd forgotten about the indoor part to Riccarton, it's been a while  ;)

He is a total Tory. 

No offense but a lot of that is nonsense, unfounded pish.

Also, regarding the asbestos at Kingsford... I presume you'll have solid proof of this over and above some rumour coming from the No Kingsford lot?

You'll also be aware that cleaning up the likes of Asbestos is a fairly normal occurance in building on such sites and will come with costs.  The costs with building on Kings Links has already been touched upon by others who know much more about it than me and I don't see any point in repeating it for you to ignore again...

You've failed to mention a single other area of the city that the club could partner the council at. Barring a kings links site that has already been discussed.

Its doesn't matter what you think anyway, or what I think and say or post on here.

Its what ACC think

I'll give you one thing... you've finally said something true  :thumbsup:

Yes its true.  ACC make the final decision on 20th June.

Its highly likely that its going to be rejected and declined on this date or that the club will be asked to go away and work on some things and resubmit.

Its almost impossible for it to be given thumbs up in June - impossible unless ACC want to ignore every covenant, regulation, consultant committee, local planning guidelines going.

Great idea - poor transportation plan and not workable.

Its almost impossible for it to be given thumbs up in June - impossible unless ACC want to ignore every covenant, regulation, consultant committee, local planning guidelines going.

Oh I know its true, wasnt questioning when it'll be reviewed (just the rest of the nonsense ;))

I don't think anyone has suggested it'll be approved outright in June, it's commonly accepted that improvements need to be made to certain aspects... that's been repeated over and over again.

Good job stating the obvious (and telling people what is already commonly accepted) whilst ignoring any question  on your nonsensical ranting posted earlier or any reasonable argument put to you though.  :thumbsup:

They're planning to move stadium. They're building a new railway station and they are trying to secure land next to it. They've accepted that relying on buses is not a suitable transport strategy should they wish to grow the stadium.

Aberdeen are trying to do the opposite.

I don't think they are, they want to own the Kassam Stadium do the not?

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/15024914.Oxford_United__could_look_for_a_new_stadium__unless_sale_agreed_soon/

They're planning to move stadium. They're building a new railway station and they are trying to secure land next to it. They've accepted that relying on buses is not a suitable transport strategy should they wish to grow the stadium.

Oxford has as near as makes no difference, banned cars.

Kingsford is at the crossroads of two dual carraigeways.

po-tay-to / po-tah-to

I don't think they are, they want to own the Kassam Stadium do the not?

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/15024914.Oxford_United__could_look_for_a_new_stadium__unless_sale_agreed_soon/

So in short, sod all to do with actually wanting to move or buses and all to do with helping speed along the sale of the stadium so they can stay where they are?

Nothing like twisting the truth for your own agenda eh?...

It'd be lovely to have a train station right beside the stadium right enough... bit of realism is needed though I think. Short of Cove (rumoured new station but even worse location for a stadium than Kingford and significantly changed area since the original Loriston proposal), Dyce (sod all space) and Aberdeen (ditto), where are we going to find land within close proximity to a train station?

In going it alone they have chosen 3 or 4 project concepts that have failed since 1999 and culminating in the latest Plan C Kingsford project which is now also in doubt as they have submitted a failure of a transport plan which rides roughshod over just about every planning and local development initiative going.

So that is numerous Projects over the course of 18 years which have failed to deliver a new stadium for the manager while sporting infrastructure that is better than they plan at Kingsford (indoor facilities at ASV) were not a club priority.

Throw in 15 years of neglect of Pittodrie (including the dire state of pitch these days) and its not difficult to detect that the club have blown a load of cash on virtual ideas and failed plans including the current pigs breakfast which cost £50k+ (not to mention £££££££££ spent on previous failed plans).

So, again I open the floor Plan D - where?

If this was true, why are you so critical of George Yule? Yule was the chairman of Aberdeen sports village, so it wouldn't have been him turning down a link-up there.

Oxford Utd are quite happy where they are and want to buy their existing stadium in the south of Oxford. 

The proposal to move them out of Oxford City boundaries into Oxfordshire County next to Oxford Parkway station (already built and opened 2 years ago) was suggested by the leader of Oxfordshire County Council Ian Hudspeth, and he seems to be the only one pushing it.

Neither Oxford City Council nor Oxford Utd are that interested. 

Some pertinent background information is that Conservative-led Oxfordshire County Council are currently trying to implement a hostile takeover of Labour-led Oxford City Council by forming a unitary, a move that City are resisting with every sinew, and as a result they are not exactly on the best of terms and may just be looking for things to goad each other with.

Here's some facts:

NOW OR NEVER: Chance for new Oxford United stadium could be lost under housing plans - Oxford Mail 13th Jan 2017

Note City Council and Oxford Utd's responses.

As a Didcot (home of the 'Diddies') resident, I can confirm what Oxford Don is saying is more or less right. Oxford want to own their stdium, they will never move out of Oxford.

With regards to commuting to Kassam stadium, I have never had an issue getting to or parking at the stadium. Traffic can last up to about 10 minutes on a match day, with most traffic building up at the junction near the business park (these guys dont let you use their parking grounds....pr*cks). The overflow park behind the vue cinema, is more than adequate and is never usually full.

As for Didcot, the stadium is in the centre of lady Grove estate with easy access to the grounds. 8 quid entry fee, a pub and shed that sells lukewarm tea. Proper Diddy team!

As a Didcot (home of the 'Diddies') resident, I can confirm what Oxford Don is saying is more or less right. Oxford want to own their stdium, they will never move out of Oxford.

With regards to commuting to Kassam stadium, I have never had an issue getting to or parking at the stadium. Traffic can last up to about 10 minutes on a match day, with most traffic building up at the junction near the business park (these guys dont let you use their parking grounds....pr*cks). The overflow park behind the vue cinema, is more than adequate and is never usually full.

As for Didcot, the stadium is in the centre of lady Grove estate with easy access to the grounds. 8 quid entry fee, a pub and shed that sells lukewarm tea. Proper Diddy team!

Welcome aboard!  :thumbsup:

I'm currently working on a project for Headington amateurs, I'm guessing Didcot are a good few leagues above them!