Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibernian v Aberdeen

Hibs were getting space in behind our defence, but they have Fletcher and Nish up front, so they were never that likely to score.  ;D

Haha yeah it did sound like they absolutely honking infront of goal today! Just worries me though, if we actually play a team that can score goals we'll  get a hammering  :-\ Ah well, at least it was sunny I guess eh? What were the players reactions after the match Padre? Any banners like there were ( post that game last season) at smeltic park last season?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah it did sound like they absolutely honking infront of goal today! Just worries me though, if we actually play a team that can score goals we'll  get a hammering  :-\ Ah well, at least it was sunny I guess eh? What were the players reactions after the match Padre? Any banners like there were ( post that game last season) at smeltic park last season?

Clap clap clap, off to the dressing room. Didn't see any banners at all, but then there might have been some, no sure!

I thought the players got quite a good reaction and they clapped the fans too. Everyone was too busy giving McCurry shit.

I thought the players got quite a good reaction and they clapped the fans too. Everyone was too busy giving McCurry shit.

Sounded like he had his standard performance against us today. Cunt!  :hammer: The commentators thought the decision against Kerr was quite harsh and noted that our only other sending off was Mulgrew, also against Hivs, also against McCurry  >:D

The sending off baffled me, I didn't even realise he had been sent off until NQ pointed it out.

We really had nothing to offer up front today. It was a pretty similar story to recent weeks, Kerr and Aluko running around like lunatics trying to mop up all the slack being left by others across the park. when Kerr gets the ball he seems to have very little in the way of out ball and so looks a bit lost, Jamie Smith was doing exactly the same today. It makes us look like we are utterly devoid of ideas, which we probably are. Aluko is starting to look ineffective because he is running himself into the ground trying to plug gaps.

Tommy Wright looked very poor again. He is a very very diluted Lee Miller at best.

The sending off baffled me, I didn't even realise he had been sent off until NQ pointed it out.

We really had nothing to offer up front today. It was a pretty similar story to recent weeks, Kerr and Aluko running around like lunatics trying to mop up all the slack being left by others across the park. when Kerr gets the ball he seems to have very little in the way of out ball and so looks a bit lost, Jamie Smith was doing exactly the same today. It makes us look like we are utterly devoid of ideas, which we probably are. Aluko is starting to look ineffective because he is running himself into the ground trying to plug gaps.

Tommy Wright looked very poor again. He is a very very diluted Lee Miller at best.

So third place will be a walk in the park then  :-\ Doesn't really fill me with confidence. Not that I had any after Wednesday, but even less so :(

So third place will be a walk in the park then  :-\ Doesn't really fill me with confidence. Not that I had any after Wednesday, but even less so :(

The scary thing is that I wouldn't write it off. No team in the league, including the OF is guaranteed of 3 points in any game at the moment. There are a lot of very poor sides in our league at present so its  a lottery as far as I can see.

On the radio they said there was a banner saying "All Talk, No Bottle"

Thats more like it  :thumbsup: Whilst I hope its the only time this is brought out this season and I hope they learn from it. I really don't think they understand how much they let us down, again. Just have to rally round and hope that we have the luck and they have the bottle to get third or at least a respectable charge for it!

On the radio they said there was a banner saying "All Talk, No Bottle"

After several attempts to post picture of "All Talk, No Bottle" banner, I give up!.

After losing a fight with a huge plant in the garden on Friday evening, I couldn't stand or walk today (farless go to game or disco dance  :), so had to make do with Radio Scotland.

They reported this banner was confiscated, but agreed didn't see why it should be. Subsequently on another afc site it is claimed someone put it back in their bag  :-\

The scary thing is that I wouldn't write it off. No team in the league, including the OF is guaranteed of 3 points in any game at the moment. There are a lot of very poor sides in our league at present so its  a lottery as far as I can see.

Agreed, but so many times this season, when those around us slip up, so do we, not taking advantage.

I'm normally an optimist with AFC - don't know why!!! - but I just can't see third.

Hope so much I'm wrong!

Sounded like he had his standard performance against us today. Cunt!  :hammer: The commentators thought the decision against Kerr was quite harsh and noted that our only other sending off was Mulgrew, also against Hivs, also against McCurry   >:D

Watched game on Alba. Actually thought, for once, McCurry had decent game against us. By letter of law Kerr deserved his red card and, credit where credit is due, Jones didn't crumple into a heap like he had been shot by a sniper in Basra.

We played some pretty decent football in the middle third of the field, typically toothless up front. Thats been a problem for so many years, why can't those in charge at Pittodrie see that?

Some dumpling from Durham was on radio after the game claiming McCurry gave every decision our way. Be nice if he had the option of watching the game on Alba. In the cool light of day he had a pretty good game - doesn't make up for the shocking decisions against us in the past though  :hammer:

On a hugely more important note, anyone know what has happened to GW&R tonight. Most likely he has had his tag withdrawn and been returned to Polmont.

Still, he may have choked on a mixture of Buckfast and vomit.

I wont sleep till I know  :-\

Cheers for that Mizer, I couldn't be bothered to save the file and upload it ;) Was our section sold out or is that pretty indicative of the numbers?

Check the url, its from their own website. You just have to know what you are doing :thumbsup:

Cheers for that Mizer, I couldn't be bothered to save the file and upload it ;) Was our section sold out or is that pretty indicative of the numbers?

Pretty sure that shot was taken well before KO. That part of the ground was where we were standing and it was much fuller than that. Surprised you can't see ally s holding up the RU banner as he was at HT  :P

Guest ally s

. Surprised you can't see ally s holding up the RU banner as he was at HT  :P

Did the same thing last Wednesday at the Dunfermline game.  ;D

Agree with the comments regarding our inability to score or create any chances at all.

Was good to McDonald back, continually making runs up to help the front two but ran out of steam a bit at the end.

Did absolutely nothing of note up front on Saturday and seemed to run out of ideas as soon as we reached the 18 yard box.

Thought Foster didn't play that bad and was continually up and down the right wing, which Mulgrew didn't do. How bad is Mulgrew's corners?! Either doesn't beat the front man or is far too high and deep! Diamond had a shocker of a first half but improved in the second and Severin's lack of pace is frightening. Considine looked pretty solid. Wright didn't do much constructive and as Ajja said, he looks very much like a poor mans Lee Miller. Kerr had a good game before being sent off, which by the letter of the law, is a sending off. Aluko and Smith were full of running but just devoid of any ideas and more often that not, ended up passing it cross-field or back.

Hibs could have scored 2 or 3 if they could have finished.

Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield says a fans' banner questioning the club's players' bottle spurred them on to gain a point against Hibernian on Saturday. (The Scottish Sun)

from bbc gossip column

It spurred them on to 1 whole point :-\