Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibernian v Aberdeen

Truth be told Kow i didnt think mulgrew was the worst of our performers by a long shot tonight. 

For me i would have to say either mair or probably severin, the man did absolutely nothing tonight.  Hell there was a 15 minute spell when i didnt even hear the commentator say his name.  For someone that is supposed to be captain?  Unforgivable

I can't agree with that atall!

I thought Mair had a very conposed game, I was surprised when he came off, although - it was for an injury?!

As for Mulgrew, woeful again! Also, him and Smith seemed to have an arguement every time there was a set piece. For me Smith > Mulgrew with a dead ball.

I won't be there Saturday, but i'm pretty confident that Hibs will bare the brunt of our backlash, which sets us up nicely to fail against Motherwell, when i'll be there  :hammer:

I think the international break is coming a week too late for us.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Mair had a very conposed game, I was surprised when he came off, although - it was for an injury?!

As for Mulgrew, woeful again! Also, him and Smith seemed to have an arguement every time there was a set piece. For me Smith > Mulgrew with a dead ball.

I won't be there Saturday, but i'm pretty confident that Hibs will bare the brunt of our backlash, which sets us up nicely to fail against Motherwell, when i'll be there  :hammer:

I think the international break is coming a week too late for us.

I agree re: Mair, I thought he didn't do anything wrong at all and was raging when he got subbed (but was later told he was injured) so thats fair enough. I wonder how many folk who actually have tickets will not bother going this Saturday.

I thought Mair had a very conposed game

Aye, what could Mair have done in the game?  I don't think he put a foot wrong and he did what was required when put under pressure, got rid of the ball or played it to another player in red.

The centre of defence was pretty solid, Mair and Diamond did all that was asked of them.  In actual fact, defensively we did alright last night, it was going forward that was the problem.  As soon as the defenders played the ball forward the attacking players had no f*cking clue what to do with it.  I turned to my mate after about 10 minutes and said that we were lacking an urgency in the game.  The time it was taking them to spread play was painful to watch.  For some unknown reason the majority were guilty of holding onto it for way too long.

Aluko tried to stay as wide as possible for most of the game to stretch play and did alright when he had it.  The amount of time he was standing free shouting for the ball but not getting it was unbelievable.  But again the movement when Aluko did get the ball was shocking.  No angled runs across defenders, no runs in behind the defence, no-one screaming to collect the ball.  No-one willing to stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

It was horrible watching so called professional players stand in the middle of a pitch looking for a pass whilst his team-mates just stood around scratching their arses.

I really felt sorry for Kerr as there was a number of times he had the ball looking for a pass and there was absolutely no movement at all from Mackie/Maguire/Smith/Severin.  I can't even think of a time where Severin ran past him to give him the angle.  Even the fullbacks would run up in support then just stop when they got level with the player on the ball.  There was absolutely no drive or direction from anyone bar Kerr, Aluko and Diamond late in the game.

This continued for God knows how long until we started playing the long ball, an absolutely disastrous tactic considering we had Maguire and Mackie up-front.

F*ck sake, I've just wound myself up again... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Out : Miller, Mair, Mackie - possibly Smith and Aluko

(needs to talk to the latter two apparently.. ken fit talking i'd be doing a rocket fired up the fuckin arse..

I'd go with the following -

Langfield

Foster Severin Diamond Mulgrew

Young Kerr McDonald Aluko

Smith

Wright

If Aluko out then play Considine at LB with Mulgrew LM

If Smith out then Maguire behind Wright.

Options are pretty few and far between...

Pretty certain we've lost everytime we've been on Alba  :(

Was the St Mirren game not broadcast on Alba, the Saturday night after it was played, in which if it was the answer to your question is No.

Mind you, we were a baw hair away from it ;)

I thought we played some nice stuff today but again we were absolutely toothless in front of goal. Kerr and Smith played well (apart from the sending off) and it was good to see McDonald back in the team.

Mulgrew however can go, I couldn't care less about his supposed ability from set pieces since he hasn't scored from a free kick in ages and apart from that he offers absolutely nothing.

I was very surprised we didn't concede today by the sound of things on the radio, but it did also sound like we were good going forward, just again absolutely horrendous infront of goal. This needs to be addressed big time and FAST!  Still, a point more than I expected from today.