Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts after seeing the highlights are that wright had a decent shout for a penalty, smith looks like he hasnt been rushed back and is already nearing full match fitness, Aluko could be a weapon player if he has a wee look around from time to time, bebo scored a peach and looked very lively throughout. 

This is all based on 3 1/2 mins of highlights, i wasnt at the game

Good win though, regardless if it was boring. 

The highlights didn't show up until you posted that link. So cheers!

I think I pretty much agree with you there, shame Aluko didn't square it to Wright when he was clearly in a better position. Wright also had a good shout for a penalty, but these things happen. It sounded like Maguire played well and it looks like he was very lively from the highlights. Well done Aberdeen, keep it going!  :thumbsup:

The highlights didn't show up until you posted that link. So cheers!

I think I pretty much agree with you there, shame Aluko didn't square it to Wright when he was clearly in a better position. Wright also had a good shout for a penalty, but these things happen. It sounded like Maguire played well and it looks like he was very lively from the highlights. Well done Aberdeen, keep it going!  :thumbsup:

agree with this, also about the link too  :thumbsup:

Maguire should have maybe gave it to Mackie too. But with Aluko's one, sometimes it's good to see attacking players being greedy. Could be like Arsenal and pass it around the box.

agree with this, also about the link too  :thumbsup:

Maguire should have maybe gave it to Mackie too. But with Aluko's one, sometimes it's good to see attacking players being greedy. Could be like Arsenal and pass it around the box.

Very true, but I just felt that it was obvious that Wright was in a better position. I can't fault Aluko for ever having a go because he is one of the few that consistently true to get shots away. With Maguire, I think he was full of confidence, and we know he can put them away from such an angle so i'm sure thats why he didn't pass it to Mackie. Either way, 3 points, whoop whoop  ;D

Good to see Maguire finding the target because in the last few games he's played in he has reminded me of Mackie! A lot of running and chasing, but not much final product...

He perhaps could have done better with that last effort at the end, but I'll let him off for an excellent finish for his goal.  :thumbsup:

I take it you arn't up in arms about that then?

Sone should have passed to wright

I think Aluko had made the clear space for himself and was entitled to try for goal. It was only in hindsight (ie he missed) that you can say with confidence that he should have offloaded it to Wright. Always easier to be the fan looking back than the player deciding in the moment.