Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooft. I think this was the team line up.

Langfield

Vidal, Diamond, Mair, Mulgrew

Smith, Kerr, Seve, Aluko

Wright and Maguire

Surprised Mulgrew hasn't been dropped for this and that Foster hasn't been placed to do a man marking jobbie!

Foster still in the bad books, possibly?

Reckon Foster is going to have to do a helluva lot to get a regular place back. At this point, you wouldn't be surprised to see him sold in the summer.

As for today, a win would mean 5 points back with a possible 27 to play for. Third aint lost yet!

Reckon Foster is going to have to do a helluva lot to get a regular place back. At this point, you wouldn't be surprised to see him sold in the summer.

As for today, a win would mean 5 points back with a possible 27 to play for. Third aint lost yet!

Honestly who is going to spend money on ricky forster harcus? 

On the flip side 35 yarder from bebo, nice!!! ;D

Honestly who is going to spend money on ricky forster harcus? 

On the flip side 35 yarder from bebo, nice!!! ;D

Not according to the BBC!

Chris McGuire catches out goalkeeper Tomas Cerny with a low shot from 23 yards out.

New player?  ;D

Solid performance all round.

They never looked like scoring the whole match.

Confident performance from Foster when he came on, no (big) mistakes and even managed a fancy back-heel.

Langfield looked rather bored.

MOTM, i'd have to go with Maguire, if luck had been on his side today, he'd have bagged a hat-trick

(This is my 1000th post! yay!)

Solid performance all round.

They never looked like scoring the whole match.

Confident performance from Foster when he came on, no (big) mistakes and even managed a fancy back-heel.

Langfield looked rather bored.

MOTM, i'd have to go with Maguire, if luck had been on his side today, he'd have bagged a hat-trick

(This is my 1000th post! yay!)

Agree with the above.

Very windy conditions.

Decent goal from Maguire.

The standard of refereeing in the SPL seems to be getting worse.  Another terrible performance from the officials today, including turning down a stonewall penalty claim for us in the second half.

Agree with the above.

Very windy conditions.

Decent goal from Maguire.

The standard of refereeing in the SPL seems to be getting worse.  Another terrible performance from the officials today, including turning down a stonewall penalty claim for us in the second half.

Home quick from the game

Did you do a Jager and sneak out at half time ???

Certainly sounded like a terrible game of football! I think the most important thing confidence wise and points wise was that we got the victory. It keeps us in a shout for third, especially with the Arabs and Hearts losing to. And even more importantly, gets that monkey off our back and hopefully means that we can push on from here. Lets just hope so anyway!  :thumbsup:

Certainly sounded like a terrible game of football! I think the most important thing confidence wise and points wise was that we got the victory. It keeps us in a shout for third, especially with the Arabs and Hearts losing to. And even more importantly, gets that monkey off our back and hopefully means that we can push on from here. Lets just hope so anyway!  :thumbsup:

Just in time for midweek!!

The game was pretty bad, but the wind had a lot to do with and neither team could do much about it - although Cerny's kicking was terrible!

Maguire played very well, glad he got the sponsor's and Sportsound MOTM. Chased everything, was unlucky not to get a second from the header, not afraid to take the shot that led to the goal. Nobody else really stood out given the overall quality of the match. Mulgrew wasn't quite so bad this week, Mair was alright I think. Wright played quite well but was unlucky in getting an early yellow card as the ref clearly had no sympathy for him for the rest of the game.

Comedy moments - Cerny, Hamilton number 17 taking a hissy fit that we weren't putting the ball back up quickly enough for a free kick, and the Hamilton player who got a yellow card at the end for being an arse. Also a special mention to the guy a few rows behind me who is part of JMG but someone how I have failed to notice his rants before. Today's quote of the day was "We're not at a fucking Sunday school picnic, get on with it" before going on to yell at Jimmy it was a fucking disgrace.

Have to agree though that the current quality of refereeing is absolutely atrocious these days. The last 3 games at Pittodrie have certainly highlighted this!

3 points and United and Hearts losing was the best possible outcome today, so well done Aberdeen.

I forgot about Aluko. Probably because again he was quite poor. He really needs to stop fannying about on the ball and just play it into the box. Admittedly he was unlucky not to score in the first half, it was a good block.

Also, Mackie when he came on got a massive cheer! Clearly G&WR wasn't at Pittodrie today.

Like some others i thought today's game was pretty poor, although the wind played a massive part in that. Hamilton were laughably bad for large parts of the game and never looked likely to trouble us too much.

I thought Maguire had an excellent game and deserved his MOTM, thought he was unlucky not to get a couple more goals though with his header as well as a decent attempt from a pretty tight angle in the second half. Over all though I thought he was our best player today.

Aluko had a pretty poor game, and totally drifted out of the match in the second half, stopped chasing balls etc and looked shattered/uninterested.

I also thought the three officials were very poor today as well, very inconsistent.

The way calderwood set his team out today gave me the impression that from the start of the season he had been planning on using Aluko and Smith as two wingers, changing positions throughout the match in order to make it harder for them to be marked.  Obviously he hasn't been able to do this so far but once Smith gets fully match fit I can see this tactic working very well indeed.

The way calderwood set his team out today gave me the impression that from the start of the season he had been planning on using Aluko and Smith as two wingers, changing positions throughout the match in order to make it harder for them to be marked.  Obviously he hasn't been able to do this so far but once Smith gets fully match fit I can see this tactic working very well indeed.

I noticed that too. Smith obviously still lacking match fitness and practice but once he has this it could make a difference. Have to rely on Aluko getting some form back too though.

I noticed that too. Smith obviously still lacking match fitness and practice but once he has this it could make a difference. Have to rely on Aluko getting some form back too though.

Yeah it would need Aluko to regain form but once he does I can see that system being an absolute nightmare for full backs to mark. Plus it would also make it very difficult for teams to do their usual doubling up on Aluko