Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hamilton

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it would need Aluko to regain form but once he does I can see that system being an absolute nightmare for full backs to mark. Plus it would also make it very difficult for teams to do their usual doubling up on Aluko

Maybe Aluko is getting tired because he's carried the "creative" torch all season? I'm sure once Smith gains some fitness and form we will see the best come out of Aluko as he won't be the sole target anymore and hopefully will give him a bit more freedom (providing he doesn't go back to take on a guy for the sake of it!)

Maybe Aluko is getting tired because he's carried the "creative" torch all season? I'm sure once Smith gains some fitness and form we will see the best come out of Aluko as he won't be the sole target anymore and hopefully will give him a bit more freedom (providing he doesn't go back to take on a guy for the sake of it!)

He certainly wasn't the sole target today. I don't know what it is with him, just young I guess and going through a rough patch.

He certainly wasn't the sole target today. I don't know what it is with him, just young I guess and going through a rough patch.

Got the impression that his poor performance was down to a combination of trying to do too much instead of playing the simple ball and getting more and more tired as the 2nd half progressed. Thought he could possibly have been taken off to give him a bit of a rest after about 70 minutes when he started to fade badly although i can imagine the crowds reaction if that had happened.

I was working today but my lad was there. His opinion - cracking goal, not much of a football match other than that, both teams scrappy in large parts.

Still, as has been said above, it's 3 points, 3 points lost for Scumdee UTD and Hearts, and hopefully a confidence boost  :thumbsup:

Lets face it, the matches against the likes of Hamilton, Killie, Motherwell and co are never going to be spectacular events! But three points in the bag whilst our two rivals above us both drop three points? Can't have asked for much more this weekend in terms of the results.

Throws us right back into the hunt for 3rd place. Looks like we're going to have another one of those seasons where everything runs right up until the last day of the season. I'll not complain about that, so long as we get into Europe.

Out of interest, does 4th place get into the Europa League too?

Lets face it, the matches against the likes of Hamilton, Killie, Motherwell and co are never going to be spectacular events! But three points in the bag whilst our two rivals above us both drop three points? Can't have asked for much more this weekend in terms of the results.

Throws us right back into the hunt for 3rd place. Looks like we're going to have another one of those seasons where everything runs right up until the last day of the season. I'll not complain about that, so long as we get into Europe.

Out of interest, does 4th place get into the Europa League too?

Yes, as will being runners up in the Scottish cup.

Thought he was excellent at Paisley then scored a great goal in the cup last week.  Maybe, just maybe, he had an off day....

He is a young guy who clearly loves playing football, to the point that, as Ajja says, it looks as though he actually runs himself into the ground at times.  And, it would be awfully nice now and again to see his team mates help him out. 

The biggest fear I have with Aluko is that he's the next target of the boo boys.  Our fans are so impatient and we were all so happy - and rightly so - when he signed permanently for us, that I can actually see people getting pissed off with the guy now cos he's not ripping the cunt out of the Bayern defence before slotting in every single week.  I know a lot of folk on here say that Jamie Smith is our best player, but I'd say it's Aluko.  The guy's potential is huge, and I'd certainly pay to watch him play ahead of Smith and that's no slight on Smith.  But we need to be patient with the guy, especially when he's being shunted from winger to striker and back again. 

1 Celtic 28 35 63

2 Rangers 28 37 60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Hearts 29 1 48

4 Aberdeen 29 4 43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Dundee Utd 29 2 43

6 Hibernian 29 -2 39

7 Motherwell 29 -4 39

8 Hamilton 29 -16 32

9 Kilmarnock 29 -13 29

10 St Mirren 28 -16 29

11 Inverness CT 29 -16 28

12 Falkirk 28 -12 24

OMG FFS JMG ASAP JISMGOD TTFN PS RIP XX CTS GIRFUY

Thought he was excellent at Paisley then scored a great goal in the cup last week.  Maybe, just maybe, he had an off day....

He is a young guy who clearly loves playing football, to the point that, as Ajja says, it looks as though he actually runs himself into the ground at times.  And, it would be awfully nice now and again to see his team mates help him out. 

The biggest fear I have with Aluko is that he's the next target of the boo boys.  Our fans are so impatient and we were all so happy - and rightly so - when he signed permanently for us, that I can actually see people getting pissed off with the guy now cos he's not ripping the cunt out of the Bayern defence before slotting in every single week.  I know a lot of folk on here say that Jamie Smith is our best player, but I'd say it's Aluko.  The guy's potential is huge, and I'd certainly pay to watch him play ahead of Smith and that's no slight on Smith.  But we need to be patient with the guy, especially when he's being shunted from winger to striker and back again. 

I would certainly hope he doesnt become the next boo boy target. I was both surprised and delighted when he signed permanently for us. Like anyone else he is entitled to have an off day at work every now and again - I certainly do, like I'm sure the rest of you. You don't become a bad player overnight though, and he will have considerably more good days than bad.

Between Smith and Aluko, I think a fit Smith is still the best player we have. By a huge margin, however, Aluko is the best prospect at the club.

Agree with everything that has been said.

Terrible game but alot of that has to do with the poor pitch and even worse weather conditions.  They started better but after we scored there was only ever one team in it.  Maguire was lively all match, scored a peach and with a bit more luck could have had more. 

Smith again looked good and if we can keep him fit for the next 2 months it may be the difference between getting into to europe or not.

Would like to Seve back into the centre of defence, sadly his days as a midfielder have gone, and our defence looked alot more secure with him at the back.  While McDonald is out I'd give Duff a go in the middle of the park, he certainly isn't a RB, and put Foster back into the defence. 

Thought we looked a lot better when mackie came on and a front four of smith, aluko, maguire and mackie looked to have a fair bit of pace and invention about it.  Wright didn't do anything for me. As poor as Miller has been recently we need him back asap.

Finally excellent to finally see afc pick up the 3pts while hearts and united both lost.  First win since January's unexpected win at Killie.  The next few weeks are crucial (obviously).  Looking at the fixtures we can either cement our challenge for 3rd or be sucked into a 5 way battle for europe.  Easter Road and Fir Park are difficult enough at the best of times but surely it is vital we, at worst, get a point at each.

Roll on Dunfermline, who lost, again, yesterday :thumbsup:

I'm not making him a boo boy target, it's just an observation of the last 3 games I've seen him play in (Utd, Kilmarnock, Hamilton). I know he's young, and I know on his day he can be brilliant, but yesterday again like in the Kilmarnock game (I think) he took too long deciding what to do with the ball instead of getting it in the box.

Hopefully he's saving himself for Wednesday. :thumbsup:

I'm not making him a boo boy target, it's just an observation of the last 3 games I've seen him play in (Utd, Kilmarnock, Hamilton). I know he's young, and I know on his day he can be brilliant, but yesterday again like in the Kilmarnock game (I think) he took too long deciding what to do with the ball instead of getting it in the box.

Have to agree with youi, althoguh I wasn't there yesterday.

For fucks sake, how did i know you'd take that post personally?

I never said you were making him a boo boy target. Get a fucking grip, eh? Cheers.