Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

48 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

60% apparently

I think the best way to look at it is, that their loss from Chumps League to this will hurt them greater than the 60% drop of TV money does for us. Granted we've pumped a lot of money into this team, but they would've probably budgeted on the worst case scenario (conference and another player in the mix).

1 hour ago, manc_don said:

I think the best way to look at it is, that their loss from Chumps League to this will hurt them greater than the 60% drop of TV money does for us. Granted we've pumped a lot of money into this team, but they would've probably budgeted on the worst case scenario (conference and another player in the mix).

Help me understand that. If we play in the same euro competition as the Huns we lose tv money? So do Celtic gain by rangers not being in the champs league? And would it then better serve us to be the only group stage euro conference team then??? Don’t understand this…

6 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Help me understand that. If we play in the same euro competition as the Huns we lose tv money? So do Celtic gain by rangers not being in the champs league? And would it then better serve us to be the only group stage euro conference team then??? Don’t understand this…

More that they're getting less money by competing in the lesser competition. Focusing on the positive.

7 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

The prize funds in all competitions essentially go to the nation's FA* to be split between the teams in those tournaments. If the Huns had made the champions league they'd have got half (or maybe less than half for not being the automatic qualifier - I assume there must be some form of inherent bias added in for the biggest teams as always) of that tournament's pot. Now that the Huns are in Europa, it's probably more lucrative for us to be in the conference despite its lesser pot (assuming hearts don't turn their game around, and villa don't die prior to their game). I expect Dave has picked himself in the lineup tonight just to be sure. 

*I have always assumed that it goes to the FA, which would make sense given the split. The goal should be for that unearned money to be intercepted at that point and be evenly distributed amongst the clubs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 03/11/2023 at 19:28, Jute said:

For those not at Hampden on Saturday you can follow up our thrashing Hibs with Copa Libertadores final 2023 between Boca Juniors v Fluminense which is on BBC 3 at 8pm. 

1-1 going to extra time.

Novelty of the fluminese striker being called john kennedy.

Said john kennedy scores what looks to be the winner, runs entire length of pitch, jumps over the advertising boards, climbs stairs to be mobbed by his supporters.....gets 2nd yellow and initially refused to leave the pitch.

Boca also down to 10 men

Lot of lazer pens being shone in players faces.