Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

Superb result from Ajax last night. Have really been playing some great football this season and seem to turn it on in the champs league. Schooled a few of the big boys. De Ligt is a great talent, hopefully see the return of the dutch as a football force too.

CTRL+ALT+De Ligt for sure

Superb result from Ajax last night. Have really been playing some great football this season and seem to turn it on in the champs league. Schooled a few of the big boys. De Ligt is a great talent, hopefully see the return of the dutch as a football force too.

CTRL+ALT+De Ligt for sure

Aye, some of the football last night from Ajax was phenomenal. Neres, Ziyech and DeJong the one touch stuff those three in particular, no one could live with. If anything they're short a top striker, should have been at least 6 last night. Seemed instead of blasting the ball into the back of the net they tried one last pass for a tap in too many times.

Citeh spurs has been bonkers

Some start!

Aye, some of the football last night from Ajax was phenomenal. Neres, Ziyech and DeJong the one touch stuff those three in particular, no one could live with. If anything they're short a top striker, should have been at least 6 last night. Seemed instead of blasting the ball into the back of the net they tried one last pass for a tap in too many times.

Yeah, been like that for a while, but it's good to see them getting back to what they used to do best. Unfortunately I imagine they'll lose a lot of that squad come the summer.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I'm sure BB claimed on here at some point that Raheem Sterling was shite.  I'd swap him for Niall McGinn if City threw in a couple of million as well.  :thumbsup:

Sterling has to be the most improved player in the world, Euro2016 he was hung out to dry but since then he's taken his career and raw ability to another level, even the finish for the goal that got chopped off was extremely good.  I also hate how he gets treated by the media, some clearly run a certain narrative on anything to do with him, however he's given some excellent interviews in that time two which I think has earned him a lot more support.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/raheem-sterling-england-it-was-all-a-dream

Raheem Sterling up there with the best players in the world on current form. Unplayable most of the time these days. He has progressed hugely at City. When Liverpool sold him for £50m I thought it was a better deal for Liverpool than it was for City but that's turned out to be a bargain. Some player.

I was still fully enraged in schadenfreude when their injury time winner was VARed off.  :wave:

......... and they are fifth in the league  :wave:

It may have escaped your notice that Lennon got sacked by them and a new man took charge. Since then, Hibs have acquired the exact same points as Celtic, better than every other club in the SPFL. But that wasn't the point. I don't know anything about Heckingbottom and I doubt many of us did. All I said was that after 15 minutes of the match, they were brilliant. I also mentioned that his pre-match interview was impressive.

You kid yourself all you like but I reckon in the first 15 minutes yesterday, they had more shots at the Celtic goal than McInnes's shit teams have mustered against the same opponents in six years. Why? Because they had a go. It may also have escaped your notice that to win football games, you need to score more goals than your opponents. In order to achieve this, you need to try to score goals, not sit in with a loser mentality, cross your fingers and hope. Hibs may have unearthed a diamond, one that most of us had never heard of. That's what professionals do, plan ahead and know their markets. You on the other hand got the club you deserved because you trusted Milne and you couldn't see the limitations of his trusted manager, who is shit.

It may have escaped your notice that Lennon got sacked by them and a new man took charge. Since then, Hibs have acquired the exact same points as Celtic, better than every other club in the SPFL. But that wasn't the point. I don't know anything about Heckingbottom and I doubt many of us did. All I said was that after 15 minutes of the match, they were brilliant. I also mentioned that his pre-match interview was impressive.

You kid yourself all you like but I reckon in the first 15 minutes yesterday, they had more shots at the Celtic goal than McInnes's shit teams have mustered against the same opponents in six years. Why? Because they had a go. It may also have escaped your notice that to win football games, you need to score more goals than your opponents. In order to achieve this, you need to try to score goals, not sit in with a loser mentality, cross your fingers and hope. Hibs may have unearthed a diamond, one that most of us had never heard of. That's what professionals do, plan ahead and know their markets. You on the other hand got the club you deserved because you trusted Milne and you couldn't see the limitations of his trusted manager, who is shit.

It did not escape my notice that the game finished 0-0  :laughing:

My point is they did not win.

Look, you try at every opportunity to jump on the bandwagon in the typical modern day stereotypical social media knee jerk reaction way that others do too and compare how "bad" our manager is compared with the current flavour of the month.  A few months back you were banging the drum for Neil Lennon, now it's his replacement because he has won a few games.

The other week it was Solskjear with his winning mindset.  Coincidently, no mention of him lately after six losses in his last eight games.

Then it was Steve Clarke.  Our shit manager beat his team at the weekend by the way.

You mentioned that I trusted Milne.  Well, no I neither trusted or mistrusted him.  I go to watch the team regardless of who owns the company shares or sits at the top of the table. 

Like most fans, I support the team, not the chairman or the manager.  The team will be around long after both of those has gone.  Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.  Is that not what following your team is about?  Or should we all be bitter and twisted and abandon ship because the team will never again hit the heights of 35 years ago?   

My point is they did not win.

But nobody was saying that they had won? I posted something after 15 minutes of the first half.

Look, you try at every opportunity to jump on the bandwagon in the typical modern day stereotypical social media knee jerk reaction way that others do too and compare how "bad" our manager is compared with the current flavour of the month.

I don't do bandwagons and I don't do flavours of the month. My point is that the Yorkshireman who has started at Hibs has an excellent early record, unsurprisingly when you hear his interviews. He is infinitely more wise, intelligent and honest than McInnes.

I have never advocated Lennon for AFC. He's a thicko and carries too much baggage. What he does have however is infinitely more fight and combativeness than McInnes.

I may have commented on the remarkable difference in performance levels in OGS's first few games and it would naturally have been the honeymoon effect, particularly as the poisonous culture had been eliminated - the Pogba Mourinho split being the principal issue - but I never said he was a good or great manager, nor how could he be with even less experience than Heckingbottom? Gary Neville nailed it yesterday. Woodward and particularly Pogba need to be sacked with immediate effect.

I have never advocated Clarke for AFC but he also has an excellent record at Kilmarnock... but for his freakish run of defeats v. AFC at Rugby Park. Like Gerrard at Ibrox v. AFC, they are also in deficit. It happens but any comparisons I have made between McInnes and other managers is to highlight aspects of personality or actual performance records to support my position that McInnes is yet another failed appointment by Milne, although for a couple of years or so, he did look like he could deliver competence and adequacy.

The key is to ask where we can improve and to continuously look forward. Kaizen.

Like most fans, I support the team, not the chairman or the manager. 

If you have any knowledge of people and of men in particular, you would see McInnes for what he is and others for what they are.

It is because of stupid sheeple like you that Milne has got off with it for TWENTY FIVE YEARS and as you obviously have not noticed, AFC have been regressing greatly in this time.

People like you accept your station in life and you have neither the balls nor the intelligence to question authority. Worse, you aren't even able to discuss or debate anything, your fragile little ego taking a sleight and you getting bitter and twisted about it. It was't me who was such a stupid cunt and so ignorant about football he managed 12 or 15 losing doubles in a row. I just pointed it out and you took offence. Boo hoo hoo. It's not fair is it? Hibs and Heckingbottom don't share your defeatist caste system thinking. Look at Clarke's record v. the Old Firm too. No winner would accept McInnes's excuses and his continuous losing tactics v Celtic. Losers like you however, who support blindly through thick and thin, never questioning anything and taking what you're given, particularly when you can't see the agenda, you got the club you deserved, a dead one.

I did 750+ AFC games over the years and it was thin in the 60's and it's been thin for a quarter of the century. Don't fucking twist the record and misrepresent that my disaffection with AFC is because we're no longer capable of winning at the elite level. I turned to my mate in Gothenburg when Hewitt scored and said "this is it, this is the pinnacle, it will never top this". I wasted much time and expense in the decades since supporting AFC but the main reason I'm leaving them behind (for ever I feel) is because of you and your ilk. Thousands of you sang Oh Derek McInnes within the last six months, twice at Hampden. You give licence to Milne and you have poisoned our club.

Aye OK, you are entitled to your opinions.

If you want to keep following the game but not the Dons then I could point you in the direction of a group of similarly minded patronising, condescending, entitled arseholes that are experts in walking away!  :laughing:

You're the fucking arsehole, walking away from a confrontation you started.

In the today's fitba thread, I commented on how excellent Hibs had started and how impressed I was at Heckingbottom's interview. They showed a desire I've never seen under McInnes v. Celtic.

You jumped in with they're 5th in the league and then asked to explain your point - mine was a very simple one - went on a misinformed twisting of the record to insult me in an ad hominem attack?

Now you walk away. As I said, it's cunts like you that are pure poison, failing to see truth, in denial about everything and twisting things to justify your own sicknesses.

Bolton Players go on strike so their game against Brentford has been postponed.

Interesting to see how the EFL (and/or FA) respond to this given Bolton are already relegated and have been dodging winding up orders for a while now.

Surprised they were still going tbh. A club that truly paid the price for living out with their means (well, the fans at least as they're the one suffering).  I imagine a point reduction for the following season will be given?

0-0 in Edinburgh derby at HT. Hivs been the better side and could, probably should be a couple of goals to the good. Ideally Hearts will get a winner but a draw wouldn't be a bad outcome. Just don't let the spoonburners win....would give them a bit of momentum with us facing sevco later with a severely depleted squad.