Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

At the time it looked like a punch (or attempted punch that Brown tried to evade) and since then I've seen it described as a punch or a lash-out but never a shove until I saw the article linked. Speaking of sounding like a conspiracy theorist I put it to you that if that had been McKenna or Cosgrove for example the more sensationalist terms would be used wherever possible. Appeasement efforts seem to double when either of the cheeks are involved.

That's not appeasement, that's just not using the sensationalist term isn't it (i.e. the correct approach)? If they'd said punch and it was McKenna or Cosgrove then you and I would be complaining - correctly - about the BBC's biased when reporting on non-scum teams. You're asking them to angle their bias in our direction instead rather than just be impartial. If there's evidence that the BBC writer saw what he thought to be a punch, but toned it down then fair enough, but I'm saying that I see a shove too. Anyway, I don't actually care in this case, I just think that over-using terms such as propaganda makes actual propaganda be taken less seriously. I actually think that across the board managers and players get too much respect from the BBC and the line of questioning is too often weak (rather than impartial).

Villarreal coming back from 2-0 down to be winning 4-2 against Barcelona with 5 minutes left although Villarreal just gone down to 10 men. If result stays the same will mean Athletico can close the gap to 4 points by beating Barcelona at the weekend. Been a cracking game.

Villarreal coming back from 2-0 down to be winning 4-2 against Barcelona with 5 minutes left although Villarreal just gone down to 10 men. If result stays the same will mean Athletico can close the gap to 4 points by beating Barcelona at the weekend. Been a cracking game.

4-3 now. Absolutely amazing free kick from Messi.

Edit 4-4 another great goal.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Not so sure.  It only takes one bad result to totally turn things around.

Date       Liverpool fixtures Date     Man City fixtures

5 April   Southampton (A)

14 April Chelsea (H)       14 April Crystal Palace (A)

21 April Cardiff (A)           20 April Tottenham (H)

24 April Manchester United (A)

26 April Huddersfield (H) 28 April Burnley (A)

4 May   Newcastle (A)       4 May   Leicester (H)

12 May Wolves (H)         12 May Brighton (A)

Interesting that Benitez, Rodgers and Man Utd will all have an input into where the title goes.

The timing of the fixtures could also make a difference.  Assuming Liverpool can hold their nerve and keep winning, they will be 2 points in front of City after 21 April with City having to go to Old Trafford on 24 April for their game in hand.

The next three games will be huge. In 3 weeks time, one of them will be heavily odds on. They should both win their last three and if the top of the table team after 35 games doesn't pick up 9 points in their last 3, they won't deserve the title.

But as we know anything can happen and it invariably does. Pressure and getting excited does some strange things.

Absolutely. I don't think it's done and dusted, tyrant. You've the easier run in, although some of the man United fans I know would prefer to let City have the title than your mob. Purely because you haven't ever won the Premier league. Few twists left I reckon, could make for an exciting end of season.

Absolutely. I don't think it's done and dusted, tyrant. You've the easier run in, although some of the man United fans I know would prefer to let City have the title than your mob. Purely because you haven't ever won the Premier league. Few twists left I reckon, could make for an exciting end of season.

Aye. I'm not convinced that Man Utd are capable of beating City even if they really wanted to (and I don't think they'll be completely motivated knowing that they'd more than likely be doing Liverpool a favour)

It's not over yet, true, but City have been the better team thus far. Bearing in mind they didn't effectively sit out the League and FA cups. Fighting on 4 fronts and in the driving seat in the league. Aye they slipped up back in January (I think it was?) but Liverpool drew 3 out of 4 games against (comparative) shite and gifted the advantage right back. I think City's bottle will prove harder than Liverpool's. If they can get Joe Gomez back fit and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain it might provide a helpful boost. Ox was in superb form before his injury and Gomez had formed an excellent partnership with Van Dijk before his injury.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Aye. I'm not convinced that Man Utd are capable of beating City even if they really wanted to (and I don't think they'll be completely motivated knowing that they'd more than likely be doing Liverpool a favour)

I love how as fitba fans we seem to buy into these conspiracy theories quite easily.  Thinking rationally, I cannot see why any of today's generation of Man Utd players would take it easy against City to avoid Liverpool winning the league.  I could have understood it if the team was full of guys like Neville, Scholes etc that had grown up as United supporters but why would De Gea, Pogba, Martial or Lukaku be really that bothered whether it is City or Liverpool that win the thing?  They should be more concerned with why they are not in a position to lift the trophy.

As fitba fans we often forget that just because we normally follow one team for life, players are just doing a job for an employer before they move on to another club.  I reckon players generally have very little loyalty nowadays.

Hivs come back from a goal down to lead 2-1 at Tynecastle with 20 minutes to go.

Hearts been the better side for most of the game and denied a stonewall penalty right on half-time. Could really do with them nicking an equaliser, Hibs will close to 3 points behind us as it stands

Chelsea are full of brilliant technical footballers all over the pitch. It was Eden Hazard's sublime two goals that was the difference tonight, one of the best individual performances of the season the commentators said.

But there's a reason they are so far off the pace for the title. There's something missing. For all the strengths of the individuals, the team hasn't been good enough over distance. Ok with three big games in seven days, we can understand squad rotation but he can't leave Willian on the bench for the next one surely. If Sarri (the knob) wants to create total harmony and team spirit, he can't not involve someone that good. Spoilt for choice, I'm not sure he knows his best team.

Ross County potentially only 1 win away from the title.

Arabs need to beat Ayr on Friday night to keep their slim hopes alive but at the same time Ayr are chasing 2nd spot.

At the other end Alloa seem to have got their act together which could potentially see both Falkirk & Partick drop to the 3rd division

Never heard of him, any particular exploits stand out rocket?

Not one thing in particular. He was just consistently SOLID. Back in the days when it was allowed that full backs and defenders could use their physical strength to break up and stop attackers, he was one of the best. But he was honest with it, or as honest as you could be, not an ignorant brute like Tam Forsyth. I think he glanced the header in for the first goal in the 1977 final, by which time he was already a veteran. I was so chuffed for him cos he was a phenomenal talismanic figure for Liverpool and they were a fantastic team in those days.