Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Todays fitba

What a game! Shame about the result, but end to end stuff.

It was a sore one. Especially since I think Holland were the better team. Certainly kept Neuer busy (as you'd maybe expect for a Holland team playing at home.) Germany started quickly but as soon as they went two up Holland became the better team for the remainder of the game and were unlucky not to go in at half time with reduced or even no arrears. Babbel lacking a little bit of quality in front of goal. Going for the late winner in the way that they did (and probably have to do at home) left them open at the back and they paid the price. A very disappointing night all things considered. Although I do feel that Dutch football has improved vastly from the previous two qualifying campaigns. A young team with some real quality who I'm sure will only improve. Memphis may be an obnoxious bell end but by fuck he's exciting to watch on the football pitch. Just like Arjen Robben. 

Pains me to say it but England are on fire and play the game the way it should be played. Very easy on the eye and totally destroying teams right now.

They've got a real shot at winning this. Unfortunately their pundits know this. Strap yourselves in for 2 years of utter bombastic shite in the media.

Pains me to say it but England are on fire and play the game the way it should be played. Very easy on the eye and totally destroying teams right now.

They've got a real shot at winning this. Unfortunately their pundits know this. Strap yourselves in for 2 years of utter bombastic shite in the media.

Whilst they're undoubtedly improving and going in the right direction I think it's premature to declare them genuine contenders. They had the easiest world cup group and draw in history and they still fucked it. Lost both their games against the only world class opponents that they played. 10 goals in the last 2 games is good but a team like England will be judged on their performances against elites like Germany, France, Spain and Brazil in competitive tournaments. The jury's out for me. Infinitely better than Scotland obviously.  ::)

It was a sore one. Especially since I think Holland were the better team. Certainly kept Neuer busy (as you'd maybe expect for a Holland team playing at home.) Germany started quickly but as soon as they went two up Holland became the better team for the remainder of the game and were unlucky not to go in at half time with reduced or even no arrears. Babbel lacking a little bit of quality in front of goal. Going for the late winner in the way that they did (and probably have to do at home) left them open at the back and they paid the price. A very disappointing night all things considered. Although I do feel that Dutch football has improved vastly from the previous two qualifying campaigns. A young team with some real quality who I'm sure will only improve. Memphis may be an obnoxious bell end but by fuck he's exciting to watch on the football pitch. Just like Arjen Robben.

was surprised to see so many empty seats at that game. Holland vrs Germany obviously doesn't quite have the same meaning to the supporters as it once did, although that may well be something that can be leveled at international fixtures in general I suppose.

was surprised to see so many empty seats at that game. Holland vrs Germany obviously doesn't quite have the same meaning to the supporters as it once did, although that may well be something that can be leveled at international fixtures in general I suppose.

Didn't see many, apart from in the away end?

Attendance figures for holland games dropped big time for a while (whilst they were shite), but seem to be picking up again.

UEFA really do need to clamp down on the countries that have racism issues.  Disgusting what the black England players had to deal with in Macedonia. It's fucking 2019.

UEFA really do need to clamp down on the countries that have racism issues.  Disgusting what the black England players had to deal with in Macedonia. It's fucking 2019.

It's FIFA's jurisdiction and it was in Montenegro but yes, you're 100% correct. It's amazing to me that there are still humans who think it's "funny" or ok to make monkey noises etc.

Finished 2-1 to Green Bigots. Green Bigots reduced to 10 due to injuries before the end. Blue Bigots probably looking at a couple of retrospective bans for Kent (punching Brown) and Hailday (going for Brown after full time) along with a censure for failure to control their players....ah wait SFA so fuck all will be done.

Edit: Halliday shown 2nd yellow after final whistle.

Broon ripping the pish out of the Sky Sports interviewer post match. Asked about the Kent incident...."I can't remember that".

Then the Halliday incident after full time " He was congratulating me on our win" ....... whilst giving a sleekit grin as he spoke.

As Jute says...the Compliance Officer should have plenty to occupy her tomorrow citing players from both sides. However I expect no action as she will be too busy ordering her monthly Avon delivery online to worry about assaults by players in a volatile match.

The OF game was highly amusing.

Chelski in this first half were utterly dreadful. Jorginho is a breaker, not a maker and Higuain is also a cancer in this set up. He's too quick to throw up his arms in exasperation like he's the superstar and it's never his fault, the truth being that he's become a carthorse with a heavy touch and is only good for taking chances put on a plate for him these days. How Giroud and Hazard can be left on the bench is beyond me but Sarri sits there writing copious little notes that will be full of shit rather than watching the game. There's no balance and it's affecting the good footballers, Willian, Barkley and Pedro in particular suffering in the first 45.

Hope the Liverpool Spurs game is better.

Morelos  :rofl:

Cunt just can't help himself. Wonder what grounds sevco will appeal this one on

Was Freddo's sending off yesterday not very similar to the McKenna incident at the start of the season? A wee nibble (provoktion as Stevie would say) from Brown resulting in a lash out which may not have fully connected or caused injury but a lash out nonetheless. Exactly the same as what happened with McKenna. In both instances Morelos was sent off. The difference is that this time he's not being defended. Kris Boyd tore him a new arsehole at half time and Stevie G said that "he's let the club down again". He used the word "again" which implies that he feels he's let the club down in the past. But Rangers have appealed the vast majority if not all of the cards he's received that they're allowed to appeal. So they're appealing despite knowing he was in the wrong. No surprise in that. Nothing we didn't already know but it does irk me a little that Brown is "clever" for trying to wind up a known hot head when it was McKenna's "provoktion" that resulted in the red Morelos was shown at Pittodrie being rescinded in an unprecedented move. Having said that it was hugely amusing viewing. The icing on the cake would've been a booking for McGregor (hun) that I had on at 11/1.

Finished 2-1 to Green Bigots. Green Bigots reduced to 10 due to injuries before the end. Blue Bigots probably looking at a couple of retrospective bans for Kent (punching Brown) and Hailday (going for Brown after full time) along with a censure for failure to control their players....ah wait SFA so fuck all will be done.

Edit: Halliday shown 2nd yellow after final whistle.

The propaganda machine now carefully referring to it as a shove:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47775433

::)

The propaganda machine now carefully referring to it as a shove:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47775433

::)

It is a shove though. It's of the push variety. Nobody would actually punch like that unless they're a total fanny. It's aggressive and worthy of a 2 game ban, but nothing in the lik suggests otherwise.

Annoyingly, you've used the phrase "propaganda machine". There are some excellent examples of this in the BBC, but this clearly isn't one of them and it makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist when you use examples like this. It's actually a very impartial phrase to use. They've attached the clip where the pundits agree that it should end in retrospective punishment. It's pretty standard journalism. If anything, "punch" would be sensationalist tabloid pish.

Was Freddo's sending off yesterday not very similar to the McKenna incident at the start of the season? A wee nibble (provoktion as Stevie would say) from Brown resulting in a lash out which may not have fully connected or caused injury but a lash out nonetheless. Exactly the same as what happened with McKenna. In both instances Morelos was sent off. The difference is that this time he's not being defended. Kris Boyd tore him a new arsehole at half time and Stevie G said that "he's let the club down again". He used the word "again" which implies that he feels he's let the club down in the past. But Rangers have appealed the vast majority if not all of the cards he's received that they're allowed to appeal. So they're appealing despite knowing he was in the wrong. No surprise in that. Nothing we didn't already know but it does irk me a little that Brown is "clever" for trying to wind up a known hot head when it was McKenna's "provoktion" that resulted in the red Morelos was shown at Pittodrie being rescinded in an unprecedented move. Having said that it was hugely amusing viewing. The icing on the cake would've been a booking for McGregor (hun) that I had on at 11/1.

It's similar to McKenna's one, but the actual hit out is with excessive force given that it's in Brown's face (without even looking) and a decentish clout, so it's completely consistent with the rules.

Totally agree with the bit in bold, that was my first thought as soon as I heard the comments without having to think. Again, it's fucking frustrating that proper journalism can't take place - that question should have been immediately posed to Gerrard.

In terms of Brown being "clever", I actually don't think that he was even trying to be clever in that incident. I assume he would have thought he had to be significantly more clever in order to get a reaction, it was embarrassingly inoccuous

Annoyingly, you've used the phrase "propaganda machine". There are some excellent examples of this in the BBC, but this clearly isn't one of them and it makes you sound like a conspiracy theorist when you use examples like this. It's actually a very impartial phrase to use. They've attached the clip where the pundits agree that it should end in retrospective punishment. It's pretty standard journalism. If anything, "punch" would be sensationalist tabloid pish.

Semantics. His use of "propaganda machine" was neither annoying nor misused in my opinion.

Your use of "conspiracy theorist" boils my goat however. This term is used to discredit anyone who dares to question the established order of things, or indeed to question the real propaganda put out by the deep state and/or the presstitute media as if none of us are allowed to challenge convention.

Semantics. His use of "propaganda machine" was neither annoying nor misused in my opinion.

Your use of "conspiracy theorist" boils my goat however. This term is used to discredit anyone who dares to question the established order of things, or indeed to question the real propaganda put out by the deep state and/or the presstitute media as if none of us are allowed to challenge convention.

Not when I use it isn't, hence why I added context. In the context of this particular incident it is misuse in my opinion. Why it annoys me is because when you use a term as loaded as "propaganda machine" you have to be specific and accurate. In my opinion, the term (conspiracy theorist) gets used to discredit anyone (and I agree that it does, and it also annoys me) because of the platitudinal nature of the accusations that get thrown about lazily without evidence. It basically gives people the opportunity to lazily reply with the term "conspiracy theorist" to anyone questioning the established order of things. It's like crying wolf. If you want to question "the deep state and/or presstitute media", then do you think it's advisable to give them easy fodder like this? In my opinion, you immediately put off your reader and you hurt those who bother to provide more in depth examples. Is the BBC used as a propaganda machine? Yes. Is this an example of that? Absolutely not. Not even slightly. To me, a conspiracy theorist is one who finds an agenda in absolutely everything and refuses to take any other point of view (I'm not suggesting that is you, Tyrant). A conspiracy theorist is not someone who questions the extablishment. I find it a very easy distinction to make, and it is very much possible for one person to be/do both (me. probably).

It is a shove though. It's of the push variety. Nobody would actually punch like that unless they're a total fanny. It's aggressive and worthy of a 2 game ban, but nothing in the lik suggests otherwise.

At the time it looked like a punch (or attempted punch that Brown tried to evade) and since then I've seen it described as a punch or a lash-out but never a shove until I saw the article linked. Speaking of sounding like a conspiracy theorist I put it to you that if that had been McKenna or Cosgrove for example the more sensationalist terms would be used wherever possible. Appeasement efforts seem to double when either of the cheeks are involved.

It's similar to McKenna's one, but the actual hit out is with excessive force given that it's in Brown's face (without even looking) and a decentish clout, so it's completely consistent with the rules.

Totally agree with the bit in bold, that was my first thought as soon as I heard the comments without having to think. Again, it's fucking frustrating that proper journalism can't take place - that question should have been immediately posed to Gerrard.

In terms of Brown being "clever", I actually don't think that he was even trying to be clever in that incident. I assume he would have thought he had to be significantly more clever in order to get a reaction, it was embarrassingly inoccuous

I don't think Brown would've dreamed that it would work so quickly. I'm sure he expected it to take more winding up before Morelos reverted to type and lashed out. I don't doubt that every single manager tells his players to wind up the silly cunt.