Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Javan Vidal

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I see Vidal has been included in the England U-20 squad and Aluko is only a reserve?!? They must know something we don't. All I know is the boy isn't a right back! Midfielder possibly.

From what I've seen of him (not the St Mirren game!) he's best at right back.

From what I've seen of him (not the St Mirren game!) he's best at right back.

According to a guy on MAD (who has a mate that's a city fan) he doesn't even know his own best position. Probably why he came up here to play Jimmy's Totaal Voetbal ;) I thought he looked fine against Smeltic at Pittodrie and Rangers when he came on in Midfield, maybe a bit hesitant at times but knew how to pick a pass. His positional awareness just doesn't seem to be of a RB', especially at St. Midden.

As much as it irritates people to read it, I think we are being a bit rough on this guy. As I said before:

New country, different cultures

New city to settle into

New football league set up

New footballing style

Only on loan

He is only 19.

I'd have struggled to cope with the basic stuff in life when I was 19 under those circumstances, never mind live up to the expectations some people have for him on the football field. Give the guy some space to find a consistent level of performance, he has shown signs of being a player so have some belief.

As much as it irritates people to read it, I think we are being a bit rough on this guy. As I said before:

New country, different cultures

New city to settle into

New football league set up

New footballing style

Only on loan

He is only 19.

I'd have struggled to cope with the basic stuff in life when I was 19 under those circumstances, never mind live up to the expectations some people have for him on the football field. Give the guy some space to find a consistent level of performance, he has shown signs of being a player so have some belief.

Was just away to post this myself.

We seem to be very tolerant on Alukos shortcomings on DT due to his age. Only fair if we allow Vidal the same courtesy.

The boat on deciding Vidals ability is far from setting sail but Padres post is correct.

I've never seen a professional footballer look so out of place in my entire life. 

I think we were all sitting at that game wondering if George Weah had been on the phone to Calderwood to get a game for his cousin he was that out of his depth that night.

The boat on deciding Vidals ability is far from setting sail but Padres post is correct.

I think we were all sitting at that game wondering if George Weah had been on the phone to Calderwood to get a game for his cousin he was that out of his depth that night.

Apart from TC who thought he had a good game  ::)  ;D

There is no disputing that he was very poor that night but inconsistency is a function of youth in most footballers. They lack the experience to know how to cope with every situation whether it be the opposition or their own team set up, the ups and downs of their team mates performances or simply just the conditions under foot.

There is no disputing that he was very poor that night but inconsistency is a function of youth in most footballers. They lack the experience to know how to cope with every situation whether it be the opposition or their own team set up, the ups and downs of their team mates performances or simply just the conditions under foot.

Naturally, but as I said, I thought he looked far more comfortable and competent in midfield. I genuinly thought he'd never played right back before in his life! That's how bad he was. Yes he's young, but as I said, he knew nothing about positional marking or awareness. I think he gave one guy about 10/15m of space when you could see the ball was going to go there. But i'm not sure how much this was to do with the tombola man's tactics because the players looked lost that night.

I'd rather not slaughter him on just one performance.