Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Javan Vidal

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, I think the management team and the board deserve the credit on this occasion  :thumbsup:

Think you misunderstand me Jager.

Prepared to give management the credit for finding the lad, but my point is that given the fact that Sone has played with him through the age groups for Engerlund, chances are he'll have phoned Sone to ask about coming to AFC, and Aluko has done the selling job to him :thumbsup:

Aberdeen can help Vidal achieve his goal

By Paul Third

Published: 17/01/2009

NEW DON: Javan Vidal shows off his new colours. Kenny Elrick

More Pictures

JAVAN Vidal has watched his team grow from being a mid-table English Premier League side to the biggest football club in the world. Now the England youth international wants Aberdeen to help him make the grade at Manchester City.

In a week in which City have dominated the headlines thanks to the club’s incredible world record £108million bid for AC Milan’s Brazilian midfielder Kaka, Vidal had been weighing up the possibility of joining a lower league club in England or taking a chance in the SPL.

Defender Vidal has opted for Pittodrie for the rest of the season and hopes his time spent in Scotland can lead to him making the grade at the City of Manchester Stadium on his return.

He said: “It is an exciting time to be a Manchester City supporter and when you see the best players in the world being linked with the club now, it’s unbelievable.

“It has been a dream to mix with the likes of Robinho on a regular basis and for all the young players at the club, our aim is to reach that level now.

“You look at these players and try to copy what they do. We have trained with them a few times and had good chats with the players.

“Hopefully, I will be able to play alongside Kaka or whoever else they bring in when I go back next season.â€

The Dons have Vidal’s England under-19 team-mates to thank for getting the player on loan until the end of the season.

Vidal said: “I found out about Aberdeen’s interest five weeks ago. They are a massive club in Scotland and when I knew they were interested it was a case of waiting for them to sort things out so I could come here.

“You look at their history and there is a track record of success. They are well known thanks to Sir Alex Ferguson and how successful he has been.

“I will settle in fine thanks to Sone Aluko. I spoke to him and Josh Walker about coming here and both have had nothing but good things to say about the club.â€

did he touch it?! did little to impress ?...also seemed out of position?!!....

?? Were you at the game?!

Yes he touched it! (if you mean the ball  ;)!), several times. Was impressed as he held ball up and intelligent play passing to a team mate several times. Yes, he was played out of position but would say that JC's fault nae his!. Mendes was well pissed off at him man marking him too!

wasnt at the game.....watched it at work.  Not critising him, just saying i didnt see enough of him to call him promising or otherwise, being out of position definately not his fault and was wondering why he was put there, or if i had maybe got the wrong end up the stick thinking he was purely a full back!

Think he was played out of position to man mark Mendes, which he did well. NQ pointed that out to me and watched closely after that and Mendes even prodded him in chest at one point!!.

Thought Vidal showed a footie brain (nae use for us then lol!!), and as prev said passed ball well and good hold up play. Well impressed.

?? Were you at the game?!

Doesn't matter who says this, this is a saying that really pisses me off. The game was a lunchtime kickoff for a reason ... it was a live tv game! Nae getting at you in particular Aberdeen_Ladette. But some people seem to think that not being at the game gives you absolutely no right to make comment on any of the day's proceedings.

Doesn't matter who says this, this is a saying that really pisses me off. The game was a lunchtime kickoff for a reason ... it was a live tv game! Nae getting at you in particular Aberdeen_Ladette. But some people seem to think that not being at the game gives you absolutely no right to make comment on any of the day's proceedings.

Tbh, I totally agree with you Reekie_Red!. It usually pisses me off too, especially if I've watched the whole game on tv.

In ma defence I was not long home after a long day (up 6am), was shit game, and in pub in Abdn after game I had fans questioning why I supported Abdn when I'm nae fae the city

Tbh, I totally agree with you Reekie_Red!. It usually pisses me off too, especially if I've watched the whole game on tv.

In ma defence I was not long home after a long day (up 6am), was shit game, and in pub in Abdn after game I had fans questioning why I supported Abdn when I'm nae fae the city

You want a cuddle?  ;)

I thought he looked ok. When he got the ball he looked like he was going to be tackled any second but he managed to keep calm and pass it on.

I did find it funny how Calderwood called him Javal in the post match interview on Setanta.

He must have thought i'll take the start of his name, end of his name and miss out the middle part.

Obviously thinks he's Mournino who I remember saying "His first name is Salomon, his last name is Kalou so I call him Salou."

It doesn't give you no right to comment RR, though to my mind it does considerably devalue what comments you have to make. Vidal looked tidy enough, tough game for a debut.

I don't think that's true tho - fair enough if you have only tuned into teletext to get the final score and deem it necessary to spout forth about a player's performance but if you have watched the whole game on live tv and had the benefit of instant replays and the halftime and post match  discussions I think you are as qualified as anyone at the game to make a comment

Especially if you are standing at the back of the RDS and canny see the bloody goals  ;D