Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Javan Vidal

I don't think that's true tho - fair enough if you have only tuned into teletext to get the final score and deem it necessary to spout forth about a player's performance but if you have watched the whole game on live tv and had the benefit of instant replays and the halftime and post match  discussions I think you are as qualified as anyone at the game to make a comment

Especially if you are standing at the back of the RDS and canny see the bloody goals  ;D

Had the benefit of the tv coverage which only shows where the ball is, it is a restricted view.

You also only get the benefit of the replayed action that whoever the producer is decides. Going to the game gives a much more rounded view of the game.

Mulgrew, for example, had a fucking shocker, it wouldn't surprise me if that didn't come across well on TV. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the game gives a much more rounded view of the game.

Agree with that, and all you've said, although I find it hard to believe that everyone who goes to the game gives it their full attention.

Both have their pro's and con's...

Agree with that, and all you've said, although I find it hard to believe that everyone who goes to the game gives it their full attention.

Both have their pro's and con's...

This is true but actually being there and sober gives at least the opportunity to have that view. Hebrew has a good point about the view, the goal line is a disaster to see but in terms of being able to see "how we're shaping up" and the general pattern of play it is ok.

This is true but actually being there and sober gives at least the opportunity to have that view. Hebrew has a good point about the view, the goal line is a disaster to see but in terms of being able to see "how we're shaping up" and the general pattern of play it is ok.

You were going well until you said that.  :thumbsup:

I do agree that you get a more rounded view of the whole team when you are at the game but everyone is usually trying to follow the same move and where the ball is

Anyway most folk watch the highlights when they get home to pick up on any action they have missed

South Stand for me from now on  :thumbsup:

It's always been fine when I've been there

I just don't see the point of going to a stand when I know for a fact I won't see any of the goals

The view from the South Stand at the Dnipro game was fab as was the Moscow game and the match against Hearts last season 

I would have thought the view would be the same for all of the games, unless the seats are moved for different games?  ;)

The view there is excellent, it's just dead most of the time.

I do agree that you get a more rounded view of the whole team when you are at the game but everyone is usually trying to follow the same move and where the ball is

Very good point well put  :thumbsup:, I guess it'd only be on rare occasions that someone was watching a game in the same way that a manager would analyse a match.

However, being at a match enables you to see more movement from the players on the pitch.  Clever players like Berbatov, etc. come across better at a match than they do on TV as you really can appreciate their movement, as you see them off the ball as well as on it.

You sometimes miss players runs off the ball when you watch on telly, and only come to notice it when the commentator points it out.

it was good yesterday.  I've always been a "South Stand BooBoy" though, never been much of a fan of the Dick, so to speak...

It will be electric now though TF

As a lot of you are aware the RU have been banging their proverbial heads against many a brick wall of late.The club and other authorities have put the blockers on several display items and after so many complaints from every man and his dog the groups hands are tied. We discussed with the club as to where we could go in the stadium without getting in the way and the only realistic area is section Y. A lot of the group are dissapointed about whats gone on but we also feel this could be a blessing in disguise.After all the magnificent displays over the years in the RDS its very sad that its come to this.The club officials we deal with have been very open and honest with us and their hands are tied as well,the new clampdowns have come from the people at the top at AFC. We are allowed to display all items in section Y if all goes well in our wee trial against East fife in the scottish cup.So in that game the group will be displaying a lot of items and we'll see how it goes. We appreciate all the participation the Red Army have given the group since day one and we hope some of you will join us in section Y v east fife. The area of the RDU where the group congregate has had a lot of new faces joining in and helping us ,we hope you will join us and help us make this a section of the ground fans want to go to every game. Its a good area for the group to work in,you saw V rangers how busy that area was and a lot of displays could work there.The fans are also closer to the pitch and can really get behind the team there. Its an area of the ground which is usually fairly sparse so if anything it will add something to that corner. So if you want to help make a difference then come and join us V east fife.

I would have thought the view would be the same for all of the games, unless the seats are moved for different games?  ;)

The view there is excellent, it's just dead most of the time.

What's your point I did have seats in very different sections of the South Stand for those particular games so meh  ;D ;D

I get your points, I suppose ... now that I think about it. TV picks only really picks up what's happening immediately around the ball, with only the occasional glance at what's happening elsewhere.

Being at the game, you can sit and watch Leon Mike all day and realise just how lazy he is!! They call it asthma. I call it too many pies.

But there's narrowminded people who fail to realise that the wonders of modern technology mean that I can sit in my living room at 2am on a Sunday morning in New Zealand, sipping a hideously strong rum & coke (cannae really call it that, cos there was hardly any coke in it), watching the game that was being streamed live fae my PC to my TV.

Some people think if ye werenae there, bedecked in yer christmas tree dons outfit (hat, scarf, replica shirt, socks and pants), ye've got no right to talk about what went on in the game.