Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Nicholson - is he good enough?

Guest kilahun

Guest kilahun

How would you rate nicholson's contribution so far for the team?

I think seve carries him at times during games and maybe we should be looking at a more creative central mid partner for seve?

Guest innesciver

I have been very impressed with him this season.  He gave his all and scored some very vital goals.  Hopefully will continue into next season.

Guest kilahun

i feel he has reached his potential though and we could get a better player in that position. JC saying today with the signing of the dutch rm it means he can put smith into a more central role.  Has had a bad season due to injury but if can stay injury free and get some form on then he will be a far better player than nicholson.

How would you rate nicholson's contribution so far for the team?

I think seve carries him at times during games and maybe we should be looking at a more creative central mid partner for seve?

Clearly you havent been watching very much this season.

Nicholson has been superb, and Seve has been poor for large parts of proceedings.

You only have to look at how much we missed Nicholson when he was injured to see how important he is to the side.

Definitely one of our best players IMO.

Guest kilahun

I haven't seen as much as i would like and that could be it but i do have to admit my judgment about nicholson is simply because he an ex-rangers player. pety i know but i just cant help it! lol

I haven't seen as much as i would like and that could be it but i do have to admit my judgment about nicholson is simply because he an ex-rangers player. pety i know but i just cant help it! lol

For the love of fuck!

I don't care if he mugs old women of a Friday evening, as long as he does the business for AFC, and for most of this season he has certainly done that. Was a bit of an invisible man through September and October, but he wasn't helped by the horrific formations we were playing and changing to in most games, and the fact he was being asked to run a midfield with Clark - a man with a similar commitment to making a challenge of a hungover Kiriakov.

I always thought Nicholson was better on the right rather than sitting in the centre. JC was saying that this de Visscher guy can play on the left, maybe thats his plan and it'll be Clark benchwarming.

have to say, i'd love this to be true. jc's been making the right noises and says he acknowledges the fact that we don't create enough. to be fair, you're never going to get that from chris clark, so get him on the bench and let's see this new dutch fella light up pittodrie like a second generation hicham zerouali.

Aye. But hopefully this new guy can play as part of a team. Hicham was an amazing talent, but he couldn't comprehend the term "involve your teammates". When he got the ball, it was a one-man mission of his to find the net. The SPL's thickest defenders realised this pretty quickly and snuffed him out of the game.

Hopefully this Jeff de Visscher guy is more of a team player than Zero was.

Guest JCsredarmy

Barry Nic has been very good this season. The games he has missed we struggle, Dundee Utd home anyone. Anyway what  is all this talk of not being the right partner for seve. If my eyes from the south stand and many away games don't deceive me, Barry nic has been playing right mid most of the season and has linked with hart down the right. Clark has been in the centre when Smith has been fit, clark out wide with dempsey in the middle when smith injured. Slighty sorry to be losing dempsey by the way, decent player with a very good brain, just a pitty he does not quite have the talent to do what his brain wants him to.

I prefer Barry nic in the middle with seve, possibly as part of a 3 man centre mid, with smith as the link to the forwards. Clark does not tackle enough and is a better winger, more willing to go past people and put a croos in the box from the byline.

Guest armani1981

Yes, big time. Barry Nic-Goal and celebration against LSC=passion. Something similar to kissing of badge,which has not been seen at Pittodrie for long time. Who gives a flying f*** if the postcode on his birth certificate is G something?He has been 1 of our most consistent players IMO.Lee Miller and the "come on"after the wonderful Steve Lovell goal and celebration at the SS against the filth, just about does the trick also. Unfortunatly, unlike the tattie munchers in 67 we won't get 11 players born within 20 miles of pittodrie( Any good players from Methlick?) , but I believe the curent crop of players, including barry, have pride and passion. Was thinking of getting barrys name on my son's first Aberdeen kit( he wants wild force power ranger, but it wont fit, and no dirty words on a reds top).BTW Stewart Mckimmie you are a f*****g tool

Well said Armani81. Who gives a flying fuck if he's from Glasgow? Have you seen the number of reds who travel to the games from the Glasgow area??!! HEEEEAPS! I've known a number of Dons fans who've got stick at Pittodrie because of their accent. For fuck's sake, they're standing cheering the Dons ... in the Aberdeen end ... and other Dons fans are giving them stick cos they don't have a doric accent??!!! What the fuck is up with that??

You can't choose where you are born. But you CAN choose who your loyalties lie with. I think that matters a great deal!!

Guest Elgin Red

I have been at every home and away game this and last season and would have Barry Nicholson in the team just on the off chance that we get a penalty  !!!!! If he had  been playing against Hibs (2-2) and Celtic after the split I don't think we would have come down to having to beat thon wee team fae the slum they call Govan ( canny bring myself to even write the filth word ). His build up play with Michael Hart is very encouraging and good to watch when they are both fit because they both are attacking and that's what the fans want to see , and he doesn't have get stuck in when it counts and is very good in the air for his size. Oh well , as you can see I'm a fan of his , but I also think he brings team mates into the game as he has good vision.

Well said Armani81. Who gives a flying fuck if he's from Glasgow? Have you seen the number of reds who travel to the games from the Glasgow area??!! HEEEEAPS! I've known a number of Dons fans who've got stick at Pittodrie because of their accent. For fuck's sake, they're standing cheering the Dons ... in the Aberdeen end ... and other Dons fans are giving them stick cos they don't have a doric accent??!!! What the fuck is up with that??

You can't choose where you are born. But you CAN choose who your loyalties lie with. I think that matters a great deal!!

Haha, I can better that, I got attacked from behind and punched to the ground about 6 years ago crossing the golf course going back to my car all because I'm a "weegie"! We had just been humped by Celtic and Pepper got sent off after about 2 seconds and some knobber decided because of my accent I was a tim. Wrong!!!

Anyway back to the thread, I think Nicholson has been inspirational since being moved onto the right hand side of midfield. Prefer Bazza Nic on the right and think he tends to be over run in the middle of the park.

Haha, I can better that, I got attacked from behind and punched to the ground about 6 years ago crossing the golf course going back to my car all because I'm a "weegie"! had just been humped by Celtic and Pepper got sent off after about 2 seconds some knobber decided because of my accent I was a tim. Wrong!!!

Unfortunately, I remember the game well. One of the few games that we saw Paul Bernard appear in the starting lineup!! I remember seeing Bernard get substituted, and then Pepper run onto the field ... and then actually get sent off so quickly that he BEAT Bernard to the tunnel!!! Couldnae fuckin believe it. Any credibility that man had with the Dons fans went completely out the window at that moment in time. And to think he was tipped to be the "direct replacement for Craig Hignett". As much as Hignett fucked us over, Pepper wasn't fit to lace Hignett's boots.

The funny thing is, I don't remember Pepper at all. ??? I remember Hignett and other players of that time fine, but despite this reputation Pepper has I honestly can't remember him ever playing for us!

Blink and you will have missed him though - what was it - 26 seconds after coming on as a sub against Celtic before he got his marching orders???

The depressing thing is he was one of the many rejects we signed for upwards of £350K - what i wouldn't give for us to have some of that cash now for transfer fees >:(....