Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Nicholson - is he good enough?

Guest kilahun

I was hugely disappointed with Barry during his first season with us but he was our best midfielder this season.  Scored some huge goals for us this season and is probably the only player in our current squad that I would trust to take a penalty.  Hopefully Barry will take his form this season forward into next.

I was hugely disappointed with Barry during his first season with us but he was our best midfielder this season.  Scored some huge goals for us this season and is probably the only player in our current squad that I would trust to take a penalty.  Hopefully Barry will take his form this season forward into next.

I think if our squad takes their form from this season into next then we've got a LOT to look forward to. Couple that with the signings of McNamara and De Visscher, who could well prove to be the key individuals who ignite us, and Champions League football is certainly not outwith our grasp!

Clarification on my thoughts on Fik...

I was going on his numbers but an amateur? again?

He's been signed on a pro contract though, unlike Daal. He played amateur football for family reasons in Holland so he is obviously able to play at a higher standard (or at least he did once). Anyway, he will be on a fairly low wage, and as a replacement for Brewster, we'd be unlikely to get a Scottish player on the same wages who was semi-decent. Time will tell whether he is or not, but have some optimism and back the lad!

Clarification on my thoughts on Fik...

I was going on his numbers but an amateur? again?

He's been signed on a pro contract though, unlike Daal. He played amateur football for family reasons in Holland so he is obviously able to play at a higher standard (or at least he did once). Anyway, he will be on a fairly low wage, and as a replacement for Brewster, we'd be unlikely to get a Scottish player on the same wages who was semi-decent. Time will tell whether he is or not, but have some optimism and back the lad!

OK Sneckie, I'll give him his chance first.  If he starts potting them in buckets, I'll probably be one of those "see I knew it all the time" types anyway.