Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Football fans banned after fight

bullshit

Government policy is why football fans are treated like they are.

I have seen rugby fans behave worse than football fans with no police presence... yet fitba fans get harassed.  Squadies in Ballater or Aboyne causing major violent disorder during the summer, nothing.

These are not "bad guys" - they are Aberdeen fans.  For many Aberdeen fans it is not a case of "them and us". We drink in the same bars, we travel on the same trains, we turn up at the same obscure european grounds for pre-season.

Until people stop saying that fitba fans deserve everything the authorities throw at us the situation will not improve.

We will always be treated as one group - whether we like each other or not. You will never stop young guys going to the fitba and getting into trouble - this has been ongoing since the very early days of fitba.

Neither will these guys intentionally want to stop people taking families to the game. They are not trying to spoil it for everyone else. They are supporters of AFC whether you like it or not.

Well I said 'one' of the reasons, but just glaze over that part and dismiss it outright, eh?

I agree that policing and stewarding is well over the top on occasion and that football fans are an easy target for the police. However, guys like those in the story do the rest of us no favours whatsoever...they are partly responsible for the way that football matches are policed in the UK. If they continue to act like this while representing Aberdeen FC - it'll be the rest of the support and our club who will suffer because of it.

Rugby fans, eh? We'll I've been to the rugby plenty of times and I've not seen any of the behaviour that I've witnessed at football matches. Drunk, yeah probably. But have I seen rugby fans launch assault fellow fans? Have I seen rugby fans, walk the streets in gangs after a match looking for a fight with opposition? Or harrass other folk on trains or on buses, throw bottles, assault bar staff etc.? I've seen all of this at the football, and with Aberdeen FC. In my experiences, I have seen far worse fan behaviour at the football than I'm ever likely to see watching egg-chasers.

These guys may be Aberdeen fans. Many of them probably are not - I couldn't really give a monkeys. The fact is that they have been convicted of violent offences and punished accordingly...and quite rightly in my opinion.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

away to fuck you fucking rat.

Aye ok. No point in even engaging in conversation with you.  :wave:

Jager, I admit that the police attitude and government policy towards football fans is a disgrace. I've said as much already. I just don't think that is the whole reason that we are treated they way we are.

eight rugby fuckers one night in edinburgh kicked me uncontious while sitting in a bus stop with a girl I knew - but now we're into the realms of "away from the match" violence.  Also saw rugby fans get arrested off a train in Edinburgh for sexually assaulting the female train guard... how romantic - rugby fans are ALL good

No where did I say that rugby fans are all good. But experience of violence at football compared to that of rugby speaks for itself. Of course there are isolated incidents at both sports...but organised violence isn't an isolated incident. Sorry to hear of your experiences, but I hope the cunts were caught and punished accordingly. Bans, fines the lot.

convicted? yes, rightly so? only in respect that they got caught - punishment disproportionate, definitely. Never knew Breach of the Peace was a violent offence but there you go

Disproportionate? They've been banned from the football for a few years and fined. One was already a repeat offender for a similar offence. You'd have thought they were jailed by the reaction of some.

you wont change his mind cause he is a fucking tit

Still here? Have you not fucked off yet?  ::)

When i used to go to the matches there was lots of fights and like everyone else you just got stuck in (so im not going to condem anyone and yes we all know its wrong)

But why cant the polis not but out and let them get on with it (maybe it will give them more time to catch rapists and murderers etc)

Its human nature to fight whether at the football or on a saturday night out

I remember the days when aberdeen fans used to get treated like shit down in glasgow some got right doings and nothing was ever said (not just from the old firm the polis as well)

At least now aberdeen fans are sticking up for themselves.

When i used to go to the matches there was lots of fights and like everyone else you just got stuck in (so im not going to condem anyone and yes we all know its wrong)

But why cant the polis not but out and let them get on with it (maybe it will give them more time to catch rapists and murderers etc)

Its human nature to fight whether at the football or on a saturday night out

I remember the days when aberdeen fans used to get treated like shit down in glasgow some got right doings and nothing was ever said (not just from the old firm the polis as well)

It's not human nature to fight. You can say it is to protect yourself but its not human nature to fight. Wise up.

"The police should butt out and let them got on with it"  ::) "concentrate on murders and rapists." The police can't just let fights go on in the streets and do nothing. That would create anarchy and vigilantism. Also how many murders come from assaults? If the police didn't stop fighting how many more deaths would there be? 

P.S. I love all these EPL signatures. It so cool going on an Aberdeen forum and having an English team badge. England rules.

if you want me to go then make me, send me a pm or are you happy to be a keyboard hardman

rat  :thumbsup:

Only one person trying to be the keyboard hardman here, and it ain't me.

You're clearly incapable of any sort of debate whatsoever.

I don't have a problem with fans sticking up for themselves. Getting in a taxi to go to an arranged fight at a city centre hotel is hardly what I'd call sticking up for yourself.

My brainbox might be going a little these days and although I don't have a Scooby Doo where the Gordon Hotel is, I'm certain that Wellington Road is up at Altens or Tullos isn't it?

If so, you'd have to jump in a taxi at Pittodrie, travel along King St back into town, take a right at the very bottom of Union Street, go halfway up one of the longest streets in Aberdeen, cross the bridge at the Trinity Centre, take a left down Bridge St, circumnavigate the train station, down South College St where the 'ASC KILL AWAY FANS' (or words to that effect) graffiti was for years, pass under the rail tracks at the arches, cross the river Dee bridge, up past Cragies and then drive up the hill for another couple miles.  Then having went through about 50 sets of traffic lights, 20 roundabouts, 5 dual carriageways and 30 junctions, you'll finally be at the hotel for a dust up.

That's not exactly "fighting at the football", causing 'normal' fans any problems or bringing a bad name to the club is it?

Unless of course you live 10 miles away from the ground right next to the hotel of course and you happened to be washing your car at the time.

Did anyone actually hear about this kerbside shoe shuffle before it was in the papers?

Sounds to me if the taxi driver had been caught speeding and was in possesion of a AFC tax disc then he'd be staring at a lengthy spell in the nick.

you wont change his mind cause he is a fucking tit

Good comeback stoney.

Me and I'm sure a few others have came across a few of these "same as us young fellas" and to be frank, quite a few of them were just fucking tubes who cannae handle their hooch and drugs.

I know a few guys in the casuals and they really are good fellas but these younger guys get right on ma tits and for you to suggest anything else stoney is just daft.

I don't think JJ and Jager both aren't too far from the truth. Tha cashies give us an unfair rep which the govt of the day and the coppers are only too willing to act on and ridiculously exaggerate and therefore attempt to treat every single fitba fan as a potential mobber and rioter, which even the cashies aren't!

If anyone else was treated in the same way as fitba fans every single fucking week there would be a serious discussion about how much of an infringement of human rights it is.

Bit naw, it's fitba, a working class past-time, ra ra ra, we're going to smash the oicks!

As far as "near the fitba" is concerned, it's in the same city, the coppers will have you no matter what. I reckon most of us can say there's hardly ever any bother AT the fitba anymore.    

Do people really think a bunch of Celtic fans having a fight with a bunch of Aberdeen fans on the day of an Aberdeen v Celtic match has nothing to do with football?  :rofl:

Not sure if I read anyone's post saying that, I think it's more to do with the banning.  That scrap could go on whether they had match tickets in their pockets or not.  It could still go on now they have their 3 year bans.

The club are going to loose money on this and now you've got a group of lads who have nothing better to do with themselves on a Saturday afternoon.

As someone said, it was a breach of the piece but they can come down harder on them because us football fans are all genocidal maniacs.

I dinna think it has nothing to do with fitba... but because it was in my opinion the punishment was disproportionate.

Stoney's posts from last night are crackers  :thumbsup:

Not sure if I read anyone's post saying that, I think it's more to do with the banning.  That scrap could go on whether they had match tickets in their pockets or not.  It could still go on now they have their 3 year bans.

The club are going to loose money on this and now you've got a group of lads who have nothing better to do with themselves on a Saturday afternoon.

As someone said, it was a breach of the piece but they can come down harder on them because us football fans are all genocidal maniacs.

:lolabove:

Stoney was on form!

Good points for both sides of the argument here.

I've never been a casual, and have had no desire to lamp someone else because they're on the opposite firm. But I admit I've stood on the outer edge of a few scuffles in the past involving casuals and admit there's a certain buzz to it all. The buzz I got is obviously something that these guys get from building up to a fight, then the actual fight itself, and finally the run from the authorities. I can see how and why they enjoy it. Throwing punches at innocent bystanders is out-of-order in my opinion. But if they want to organise a fight away from the football ground with like-minded individuals, then I say go for it.

I just don't think bans from football grounds is gonna fix this problem, cos these folk will travel wherever the club goes, regardless of whether they're banned from the grounds or not. Many of them sit in the pub whilst the game is on anyway, and wait for the text that tells them where and when it'll happen

:lolabove:

Stoney was on form!

always nice to waken up in the morning with a stonking hangover findingvthe laptop sitting at the end of the bed.

i stand by what i said about jimmyjimmy tho  :thumbsup:

anyways jog on you mugs im off to the bar fuck this hangover carry on  :wave: