Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Killie vs. Dons GAME OFF/Fir Park Pitch Fiasco

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the bbc...

The Scottish Premier League is writing to Kilmarnock and Motherwell to seek answers over the postponement of their weekend fixtures.

All the carrier pigeons must be busy because it's the run up to Christmas.  ::)

Can't they just phone the cunts and invite them to an urgent meeting at spl HQ?  Let's get this sorted out before it gets swept under the carpet again.

I haven't been paying attention to things this week.

Am I correct in saying Motherwell have already cancelled their game this Saturday with Killie due to their shite pitch?

Kick the fuckers out!

The game is on Monday, dunno why that is though unless it is on Setanta.

Which it is. Well, that's the plan but who knows with that pair of cunts. Some cunt could drop a cornetto on the M77 and block off Ayrshire from the outside world.

Aberdeen to blame, says Kilmarnock chairman

By michael gannon

Published: 12/12/2008

Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston has told Aberdeen supporters he has no intention of compensating them for last weekend’s wasted journey to Ayrshire.

Johnston has instead blamed Aberdeen for failing to properly advise their own supporters.

A large amount of the travelling Red Army were left angry and out of pocket when last Saturday’s match at Rugby Park was surprisingly called off at 10am due to a frozen pitch.

The SPL have written to Kilmarnock requesting an explanation of the weekend fiasco given Rugby Park has the prerequisite undersoil heating in place.

Chairman Johnston has insisted his club have done no wrong and blamed Aberdeen for refusing to keep their supporters informed.

The Dons are awaiting the SPL’s findings before deciding whether to pursue a compensation claim against the Rugby Park club on behalf on their supporters.

Johnston said: “Obviously if the SPL want to issue a fine after they get our explanation, then that is up to them.

“It is not my intention to compensate travelling fans, who should have been warned by their own club not to travel until after the pitch inspection on Saturday morning.

“The bottom line is that it was down to a judgment call on the part of the head groundsman after taking weather forecasts into account.

“These weather forecasts turned out to be wrong and by the time it became clear they were wrong it was too late to make any difference.â€

Johnston insisted the heating system has no operational problems and that there were no financial restrictions in its running.

The match has been rearranged for Tuesday, January 13, (kick off 7.45pm).

FOR

FUCK

SAKE!

Total joke, a complete fucking tool. Right, Jan 13 lads, fucking murder this bunch of joke figures.

Everyone knew what the weather was going to fucking be like. If the SPL don't fine this utter tool and his club then there is something far wrong, there is no reasonable explanation for that game being off. None. 

manc-don posted this at 1443 on the friday...

Apparently the game could be called off due to a frozen pitch. Pitch inspection tomorrow at 10am according to official site.

We knew there was a chance of frost.  Killie knew there was a possibility of the game being off because of frost, why else would they call a pitch inspection?  So why was the undersoil heating not on?  Joke club.

manc-don posted this at 1443 on the friday...

We knew there was a chance of frost.  Killie knew there was a possibility of the game being off because of frost, why else would they call a pitch inspection?  So why was the undersoil heating not on?  Joke club.

It was on but apparently it hadn't been on earlier in the week and is so inefficient that it couldnae thaw the pitch out

Im sure I heard that the long range forcast the used was wrong? Surely the groundsman would think during the week its getting a bit parky, I will go doon and switch the heating on? Or even keep up to date with the weather forecasts.

Anyway, hope nobody from our lot goes and they lose money - cunts!

The SPL Board yesterday considered the findings of the enquiries into the postponements at Rugby Park and Fir Park on 6 December.

It was agreed that there was prima facie evidence of a breach of the SPL Rules by Kilmarnock FC. But the Board noted that there had been no similar incidents at Kilmarnock in the last five years. In these circumstances, no proceedings will be commenced against Kilmarnock FC who have received a warning from the SPL Board. The club will also be required to provide detailed information on its working practices in respect of their undersoil heating system going forward.

The Board also agreed that there was prima facie evidence of a breach by Motherwell FC. Motherwell FC was warned in relation to the condition of its pitch last season and as a result the club will be required to respond to charges that it has breached SPL Rules H6.5 and H6.6.

The Board hearing will take place in the New Year.

An SPL spokesman said: "Clearly everyone wants to see our games going ahead as scheduled. Clubs have a responsibility to make sure that their undersoil heating systems are in working order and used correctly to avoid call offs in the cold winter weather."

http://www.kilmarnockfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10291~1493972,00.html

hmmm i wonder if that logic would work if i went out and murdered several people

After all there have been no similar incidents involving me in the last 5 years and therefore I should be let off with a warning and be required to provide details of my future murdering practices

Is anyone actualy surprised by this at all

Also am I the only one who doesnt count a fine as a sanction??