Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Killie vs. Dons GAME OFF/Fir Park Pitch Fiasco

Apparently they can't use their undersoil heating at night due to the noise.  Surely the fail this SPL rule then:

H6.6

Each Club shall provide, maintain and use in such manner as to ensure its efficient and effective operation an adequate winter pitch protection system.

All such systems must be of an underground or under pitch heated type.

Such systems shall be fully utilised by the Home Club before any League Match where there is a reasonable possibility of its pitch otherwise being frozen or covered in snow or ice so as to ensure that the League Match is able to take place at the venue and on the date and time scheduled notwithstanding such possibility.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ajja, see my earlier post.....Killie didn't want this game played in my opinion >:(

It'll be interesting to see how many junior games are played in Ayrshire today ???

Looks like the Juniors are struggling to get any games off the ground: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96840

However a supposed elitist league shouldnae be comparing themselves to the fucking juniors.  The SPL make clubs jump through ridiculously expensive hoops to get into the league, which has resulted in many going into administration, yet long time members get away with shit like this.

Apparently they can't use their undersoil heating at night due to the noise.  Surely the fail this SPL rule then:

So what I said yesterday was true then? What a joke. Even my Killie mate can't believe it. He even travelled from Aberdeen especially for the game!

Ajja, see my earlier post.....Killie didn't want this game played in my opinion >:(

It'll be interesting to see how many junior games are played in Ayrshire today ???

Yeah I read that one. They must have neglected to turn the heating on and whether this is due to forgetfulness/it being broken/noise pollution laws/deliberate sabotage they need to be taken to the fucking cleaners. ITS JUST NOT CRICKET and its ruined my fucking afternoon  :hammer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7768881.stm

The Scottish Premier League is to launch an "urgent and serious inquiry" into the postponement of Kilmarnock's match with Aberdeen on Saturday.

The Rugby Park surface failed a 1000GMT pitch inspection, which was called on Friday afternoon.

It remains unclear if the problem at Kilmarnock was caused by a frozen or waterlogged pitch or if there were issues with the undersoil heating. 

All SPL clubs are required to have working undersoil heating, but a problem at Rugby Park led to the postponement of Saturday's match.

"We're obviously extremely disappointed that the pitch isn't fit for purpose," said an SPL spokesman.

"We have rules in place with regards to clubs having undersoil heating to deal with weather like this and there will be an urgent and serious inquiry as to why the undersoil heating didn't do its job."

If Kilmarnock are found to be in breach of SPL rules, they could face sanctions, which include the possibility of a fine.

Aberdeen, whose players and fans faced a four-hour journey to get to the game, were unhappy with the timing of the inspection.

"We need to have a balance in terms of giving the game the best chance to go ahead and making a call as early as possible," the SPL spokesman added.

"The time for the pitch inspection was agreed yesterday."

throw us a few scraps to ease the backlash

spend a few weeks sitting about doin nothing

then sweep this whole thing under the carpet

Did Partick actually get done last season when they had a game called off because the rugby team 'forgot' to switch on the undersoil heating on the friday?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7768881.stm

throw us a few scraps to ease the backlash

spend a few weeks sitting about doin nothing

then sweep this whole thing under the carpet

Did Partick actually get done last season when they had a game called off because the rugby team 'forgot' to switch on the undersoil heating on the friday?

would be astounded if anything happens

it was all the met office's fault ::)

Kilmarnock appear to be blaming weather forecasts, suggesting that overnight frost had taken them by surprise.

"It was decided to postpone today's fixture at Rugby Park due to parts of the pitch being found to be frozen following a prolonged period of frost in Kilmarnock, contrary to earlier long range weather forecasts," said a club statement.