Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller

The fact that 2 players that play for clubs north of Falkirk getting called up is baffling enough but an Aberdeen player :o Next thing you know we'll win on Saturday

EDIT He could possibly get a game too

Burley will probably start with faddy and iwlumo(?) with Clarkson and Miller on the bench as Steven Fletcher, McCormack and Kenny Miller all pulled out

but what the fuck has hapened to Shaun Maloney?  Absolutely gash, and not for the first time in a Scotland shirt.

Completely agree! He was a waste of a substitution! Everything he touched went wrong to the extent where he even make Clubfoot look good!  :o  I was praying for Ferguson's hamstring to tweak when he was being substituted, alas it didn't happen  ;)

thought it was a typical Lee miller performance.  Played well looked good, but to what end?  Should have scored, won lots of balls but ultimalety couldn't create that goal.

Hopefully will score on Saturday though

There was also a time towards the end when Commons I think was going down the wing and looking to cross... where was our Lee? strolling towards the box on the other wing. He has to start busting a gut to get into the penalty box quicker.

Agreed, he should have scored from that header, but still, it would do his confidence no end of good just getting a full half for Scotland,  :thumbsup: Fingers crossed he can stick it to the Huns on sat. Incidentally, anyone know of any Hun pubs in Glasgow that would be showing the game? Can't afford to goto the game so figure it would be the next best thing  :-\

Agreed, he should have scored from that header, but still, it would do his confidence no end of good just getting a full half for Scotland,  :thumbsup: Fingers crossed he can stick it to the Huns on sat. Incidentally, anyone know of any Hun pubs in Glasgow that would be showing the game? Can't afford to goto the game so figure it would be the next best thing  :-\

should be on footy doctor, but i reckon that PJ Champs on Byres Road may be showing it. Will go past it either tonight or tomorrow and will check and let you know.

Not sure if this should be here or in the general football forum but nevermind.

Miller stakes strong Scotland claim

Early Maxi Rodriguez goal at hampden enough to sink Burley’s team in friendly international

By Michael Gannon

Published: 20/11/2008

GOING CLOSE: Aberdeen striker Lee Miller had the Scotland fans on the edge of their seats with this headed effort in the second half. Kenny Elrick

More Pictures

Lee Miller is determined to be a regular in the Scotland squad when the national team comes out of international football hibernation in Holland next March.

The Aberdeen attacker was a late inclusion to manager George Burley’s squad and was surprised to come off the bench for the second half in Scotland’s 1-0 defeat by Argentina at Hampden last night.

Miller acquitted himself well and is determined to impress Burley with his club form in the four months until Scotland resume their World Cup qualifying campaign.

In the frenzy of Diego Maradona’s first match as Argentina manager it was easy to forget this was Burley’s final match before his side faces an ominous trip to Amsterdam.

Burley had the option of another friendly but instead has opted for a squad get-together and Miller is desperate to be part of it.

He said: “I had no idea I was getting on. I was out training at half-time and David Clarkson told me I had to go in. I thought he was taking the mickey.

“It was great to get on, I enjoyed every minute of it.

“I felt I did all right. I got stuck in and had a few half chances.

“I managed to get in because there were a few call-offs but there are four months until the next squad and a lot can happen in that time.

“I just need to keep working hard for Aberdeen and score a few goals and, hopefully, I can be part of the manager’s plans for the Holland squad.â€

Miller’s performance was one of several plus points in an encouraging evening for Scotland.

Burley was without seven key players, with Craig Gordon, Darren Fletcher, Kenny Miller, Barry Robson, Steven Fletcher, James Morrison and Ross McCormack all pulling out through injury.

There were returns however for Barry Ferguson – for the first time under Burley – as well as Tottenham defender Alan Hutton, who impressed at right back.

It looked ominous for Scotland early on when Maxi Rodriguez gave Argentina an eighth-minute lead in Maradona’s first match in charge.

The Maradona factor was evident throughout and helped swell the attendance to almost 35,000, which enabled the SFA to recoup the majority of the £700,000 it paid to persuade the Argentine side to travel to dark, cold and rainy Scotland.

Miller was more concerned with matters on the pitch and he insisted Scotland’s display will give them confidence going into the Dutch match next spring.

The Dons striker said: “That is the way football should be played. They pass the ball so well and it was a good learning experience for us. It was difficult in those opening 15 minutes or so, we could not get near them, but we stuck to our task and got stronger as the game went on.

“We had a couple of half-chances here and there and it can give us confidence for going to Holland.

“That game will be equally difficult – but we managed to keep possession for spells in the game and it will be crucial to do that over there.â€

Miller’s focus is now on Aberdeen’s trip to Ibrox to face Rangers this weekend.

He added: “It has been a great week and it is another big game on Saturday.

“We have done well against Rangers in recent years but not at Ibrox.

“It would be great to put that right.â€

The pool hall?

Let us know.

:thumbsup:

Went into PJ Champs on the way home tonight but no dice I'm afraid.

Only other alternative I've heard is the Clyde Valley on Dumbarton Road... however, the fact it's on Dumbarton Road and that it was also a hun who told me of it, it's probably a bit of a hun shop.

Reckon i'll stick with Footy Doctor.