Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller - FINALLY made his effin mind up

On BBC now. I am a cynical bastard but I think Lee Miller is at his worst when his contracts are secured. Roll on next season  :hammer:

Let's see.

This is the first time in a while the guy has agreed to stay on at a club. Let's see, though the co-incidence of his good form and ongoing contract negotiations is maybe a little unnerving.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news our top scorer by a mile has decided to stay, lets just hope we can find someone to play with him!

Scored more goals then big signings cousin, darchville etc

Actually hasn't scored more than either of them.  Darcheville 13, Miller 12, Cousin 12

He's impressed me with the penalties he's taken recently, he is a handfull for defenders, and if he can just start finding the net a little bit more consistently I'll be happy for him to be first choice striker.

Guest bloo_toon_red

I think Miller is a good played but his goal scoring:games played ratio is quite atrocious.

The one part of his game he needs to improve on is carving out opportunities for himself.  He's certainly not been getting good service as we haven't been good at getting the ball out wide and into the box.

Finally some news. As has been said, he's played well this season and I'm glad to see that he's actually decided to stay (through his own choice or not). Hopefully we'll bring someone in who thinks on the same wavelength as him and we should be one step closer to getting a stronger team for next season.

I prefer to think as him as a holding player up front, and i dont think there are many better players in the air then him! Delighted hes signed on again!

I would prefer strikers up front and play a type of football that would have central midfielders and wide men supplying these strikers.  But seems like next season long ball game stays.

As the topic of players playing better when they are looking for a new contract, is next season not Mackie's turn to start banging them in again, or do we have another year to wait for that?

Depends on if he is injured half the season again.

But simple solution is put these players on 1 year deals.

I have some misgivings about Miller, as I made clear in my original post - but if he gets the finger out and has a partner who also gets into high double figures, he'll do me.  ;)

Just stop rolling about quite so much FFS!  :thumbsup:

I would prefer strikers up front and play a type of football that would have central midfielders and wide men supplying these strikers.  But seems like next season long ball game stays.

yeah think that is everyones hope! Get jamie smith fit, get miller motivated every game, get mackie some shooting boots, get consi and diamond to cut out the mistakes get a new goal and i think we will be 3rd in the league with ease!

Also for that plan to work we would have to get rid of the worst long ball offender! Severin