Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller - FINALLY made his effin mind up

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather Lee Miller did leave.  He never wanted to come to Aberdeen, and it's pretty obvious he wants to leave - just nobody will have him.

He doesn't get nearly enough goals - so fuck 'im.

Give another player a go - see if they are any better - surely couldn't score many less.

Haha don't tempt fate there! But I completely agree. I wanted Miller to stay but clearly he has no desire to do so. This season he has been good, and i wouldn't say any less, but the previous season's he's been absolutely dire. As you said, never wanted to come here in the first place so he can move on anytime now. Absolutely bored to death of this situation.

We need player at Aberdeen who chose to play for Aberdeen!

How attractive a proposition do you think we are?

The kind of players we need aren't hugely attracted by Aberdeen as a football club or a city. The kind of players who are desperate to play for us tend to be those who aren't good enough to play for us. Those who are good enough can either get more money elsewhere or live closer to the bright spot at the centre of the universe, both of which can be very important to young guys with (or even without) families.

If we're insisting that a burning desire to play for Aberdeen is a prerequisite for signings, you have to be prepared to accept a team made up of the likes of Darren Mackie and Dave Bus. They may have all the will in the world to play for the shirt, but you need a bit more than that to make a football club successful.

I'd rather Lee Miller did leave.  He never wanted to come to Aberdeen, and it's pretty obvious he wants to leave - just nobody will have him.

He doesn't get nearly enough goals - so fuck 'im.

Give another player a go - see if they are any better - surely couldn't score many less.

I hate it when I have to agree with you but your spot on. Miller does not socre anywhere near enough goals for the money we pay him. Guy knocked us back twice before being forced to come here as nobody else wanted him and now is just using us as a fall back position just in case that there is not a bigger fool than JC out there to offer more cash to go elsewhere.

You can blame the club to an extent about letting it get to this stage but they are so limited in what they can do. We cannot afford long term contracts, cannot offer overly attractive contracts, and are constantly looking for free transfers. We aren't prepared to offer an 'average' player long term deals and rarely do we sign a high profile talent who should get a long term contract. Unfortunately we are a poor club who will have a high turnover in players.

The blame is 10+ years ago or so for letting it get to this stage of debt etc. where we are broke.

Totally agree. Including the share issues, the club has squandered millions. £12,000,000 more than we could afford to spend, to be precise, give or take the odd million. It's financial mismanagement on a collosal scale. What is it about football club administrators? Milne wouldn't run his own business like this. No sane businessman would. The Marrs at Dundee, that boy at Livi, Boyle at Motherwell, Romanov at Hearts. Even Abramovich has lost hundreds of millions.

As for Miller, I would like to think he would be able to stay, on our terms. He's not as good as his agent thinks he is obviously. If managed right, and that's not a given, Lee could do a good job. If he does go, his set-ups for both of the goals v. Celtic in the QF + replay is how I'll remember him - two sublime touches. Unfortunately we should be remembering strikers for the goals they scored. Miller never gave us much, and only in the last 4 or 5 months did he start to look good enough for the Dons.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Kwality rant there Jager, BUT if he signs a new contract, I'd say that's commitment enough.

I'll be utterly amazed if he has been offered the same salary as before given the comments that Hart made when he left.  Compare him with the others who have left - at least Miller has stuck around, rolled his sleeves up and made an attempt to push for Europe rather than piss off to the mediocrity of Plymouth, Preston or Blackpool.  He could quite easily have signed a pre-contract agreement elsewhere if he was so determined to leave.

Cut to the chase and keep Lovell. The boy is a real professional. Has scored some quality goals for us. JC just needs to forget about his "good laugh in the dressing room clique" and give Lovell the regular starting berths that he needs to boost his confidence. A confident Lovell is a potent Lovell. And I'm sure he'd stay at Aberdeen for a fraction of Lee Miller's asking price.

Or any manager. ::)

Very true. Am just a bit alarmed at the amount of times JC berates his players from the touchline, and the frequency that Severin, Zander and JDV in particular seem to be spending time remonstrating with their manager instead of concentrating on the game. That internal bust up re Lovell should never have come out.

Good news re Miller. Need to get more out of him, but maybe he realises that this is as good as it ever will get now, and will pull his finger out.

Well if that's the case, then I'm with bloo_toon_red, that's enough commitment for me.

Now let's get on with finding him a partner.

12 goals in a season is not a terrible return, but we need someone like a fit Jamie Smith, or Scott McDonald (obviously pre-Celtic, or even pre-Motherwell in fact) to play alongside him and get closer to 20 goals.

Very true. Am just a bit alarmed at the amount of times JC berates his players from the touchline, and the frequency that Severin, Zander and JDV in particular seem to be spending time remonstrating with their manager instead of concentrating on the game. That internal bust up re Lovell should never have come out.

Good news re Miller. Need to get more out of him, but maybe he realises that this is as good as it ever will get now, and will pull his finger out.

Agree on all counts R_S, Lovell's bust up and subsequent airing in public was poor and hopefully Miller will get the tools out properly, he is a proper player when he's "on".

Well if that's the case, then I'm with bloo_toon_red, that's enough commitment for me.

Now let's get on with finding him a partner.

12 goals in a season is not a terrible return, but we need someone like a fit Jamie Smith, or Scott McDonald (obviously pre-Celtic, or even pre-Motherwell in fact) to play alongside him and get closer to 20 goals.

I think his league goals tally stacks up not to shabbily, with the obvious exceptional season of McDonald.

I remember the RDs singing "one Lee Miller" v. Hearts last game of the season when hibs pipped us for third depsite a 2-0 win.

Unfortunately the promise he showed then, coming from Bristol City to Hearts failed to ever materialise, and he went backwards at DUFC.

Hopefully he'll now settle in his head and start doing the business. Has been good in 2008, without scoring many.

Agree with Chunk about a fit Jamie Smith, he would have made a big difference in several games this season.  Hopefully Miller will start bangin' them in from day 1 next season.

Bring it on.

Miller and Smith/ Lovell and Smith, both combinations have been the "best" partnerships I've seen, one common denominator.

Trouble is, he's missed most of the season, being restricted to cameo appearances then back to the table. What happens if next season replicates the last? Tough choice to give him a new contract. I'd sack the medics first though and take it from there. ;D 

If true, this unwanted mercenary has just ripped the piss right out of us -  :hammer:

But let's get behind the team  :thumbsup:  ::)

His goals tally isn't too shabby but a strike partner who scores at least as many is a must... provided that half of miller's goals weren't ones that he's poached off of strike partners  ;)

Boy on mad saying that a contract was agreed in principal with Thompson last week, which was apparently better than the one offered to Miller. Jc was then asked which one he would prefer (I suppose viable as he is not involved in the contract negotiations) and he said Miller. Miller then got offered the contract Thompson had been offered, and that led to the turnaround.

If ture, he hasn't been ripping the piss out of us, but rather the other way round, by not offering him what we think he's worth.

That said, the whole story could all be bollocks...