Lee Miller - FINALLY made his effin mind up

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/630868

Dons striker gets another postcard from Blackpool

Published: 09/05/2008

ENGLISH Championship side Blackpool has revived its bid to sign Aberdeen attacker Lee Miller.

The Seasiders attempted to recruit the 24-year-old in January but the Dons labelled the bid derisory.

That has not deterred Blackpool and they will step up their efforts.

Miller has yet to make a decision on the new contract on offer at Pittodrie and Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood wants an answer sooner rather than later.

The forward, who is available without a fee under freedom of contract, is assessing his options and is attracting interest from several English and Scottish clubs.

It is understood Miller has made it clear he is reluctant to join another SPL side and is only considering offers from outside Scotland.

Calderwood is keen to press ahead with his own plans for next term, with Dundee United’s Mark Kerr remaining high on his wanted list.

The Dons are one of six clubs interested but may be put off by the midfielder’s wage demands.

Former St Johnstone forward Keigan Parker is another potential target, having been linked to the Dons.

Parker left Blackpool yesterday with 11 other players as they begin rebuilding for next season. The 26-year-old’s contract expired at the end of the season and he rejected the offer of a new deal earlier in the year.

The attacker had been linked with moves to Nottingham Forest and Swansea but interest from both clubs has dimmed.

A proposed move to Barnsley was abandoned in January as the Tykes failed to meet Parker’s wage demands, but the Yorkshire club could yet make another approach.

Parker spent four seasons at the Lancashire club, scoring 41 goals in his first three seasons at Bloomfield Road.

He scored in Blackpool’s play-off final against Yeovil last season to help clinch a place in the Championship.

Parker’s departure, with two other forwards, has cleared the way for another move for Miller.

Withdraw his contract offer.  So much for we only want players who WANT to play for this club.  Miller making a fool of us but not Miller's fault since we are letting him do it 5 months on from contract offer.

Withdraw his contract offer.  So much for we only want players who WANT to play for this club.  Miller making a fool of us but not Miller's fault since we are letting him do it 5 months on from contract offer.

Agreed

We continue to let him take the piss while his agent is looking for the perfect move. The other targets JC is interested in will be snapped under bosman.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Not worried about Blackpool.

Normally I wouldn't be either, but I know that they are a very ambitious club and with that in mind, we shouldn't be surprised if they persuade him to sign.

I thought we were going to find out this week about Millers decision, it's getting really tedious now.  

I'm guessing that if he was staying the announcement would have been made by now to give everyone a lift for the last couple of games, therefor any announcement about him leaving will be left until after we either fail to win tomorrow, or if we still have a chance of Europe on the final day, after the huns game.

Afc made to look like mugs as usual.

I read on the mad site that he had apparently told the squad he was not staying. Not that we can take much from that........

Heard the same from decent source.  Wouldn't be a surprise at all.

Aberdeen facing a sweat on Lee Miller

Published: 09/05/2008

THE Dons hope to learn today if Lee Miller plans to stay at Pittodrie.

Blackpool are waiting to pounce if the striker, who will be a free agent in the summer, decides to quit.

Aberdeen have offered the 24-year-old a new deal and gave Miller time to consider his future.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood confirmed he planned to have final talks with Miller today.

Calderwood said: “We now need a final answer one way or another.

“I’ve not put a deadline on Lee because we want him to stay and accept he has a tough decision to make.

“But we have to get things decided quickly now, most certainly by Monday at the latest.â€

Calderwood is aware of reports linking Miller with Blackpool, who made a failed bid to sign the striker in January.

But he remains hopeful Miller will agree to stay.

“Any talks we’ve had with Lee’s agent have been positive, so there must still be a chance we will get the news we all want,†said Calderwood.

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson has released 11 players, including striker Keigan Parker, and admits he plans to bring in more quality to his squad.

Parker, ironically, has been linked with a move to the Dons, although they won’t comment on speculation.

Sources in Blackpool say Grayson will move for Miller if the striker decides to leave the Dons.

Grayson said: “We’ve decided that because we’re in the Championship, we’re going to try to get a better quality of player.

“That’s not being disrespectful to the players that we have released.

“If we’d gone down, then those players would probably still be here.â€

No matter what happens, Miller will still lead the Dons attack in tomorrow’s SPL clash with Motherwell at Fir Park.

The Dons must win the game to have any chance of pipping the Steelmen for third spot to qualify for next season’s UEFA Cup.

Calderwood said: “We still only have an outside chance.

“All we can do is try to win our final two games and see where that leaves us.â€

Zander Diamond is still suspended, but Darren Mackie, Sone Aluko and Alan Maybury could return after being out injured.

Fans can get into the match for just £5.

Could the miraculous happen and we have actually managed to hold on to the player and announce it this afternoon or tomorrow morning as a lift for the game? Or is that asking too much of AFC?

Probably more likely the squad do know he is leaving but its under wraps until 3rd is not possible..

Or maybe the fucker is waiting to see if we make Europe or not before deciding?

??? ??? ??? ???

Guest bloo_toon_red

Or maybe the fucker is waiting to see if we make Europe or not before deciding?

If that's the case then perhaps he should be applauded for it whereas some of the others have traded that possibility for Championship mediocrity.

I don't blame any player for moving on, keeping options open, or leaving things to the very end of the season to pick the best option, or to wait for the best offer possible. Most/all of us would do the same - you look after yourself and do what is best for you, your family, and your future. More money, better living conditions, there are plenty of reasons to go. He is not messing the club around - he isn't doing a Mo Johnston by promising to sign and at the last minute leaving for a bitter enemy!

As a diehard fan it would be my dream to play for Aberdeen but when you can earn much more elsewhere, get a different challenge etc, why not. Personally I feel things can get stale playing the same teams 3/4/5 or maybe even more every single season. Moving on gives you a different challenge and something refreshing and new.

If he stays great, if he goes good luck to him, just like Hart, Clark, Nicholson, Anderson etc.

I don't blame any player for moving on, keeping options open, or leaving things to the very end of the season to pick the best option, or to wait for the best offer possible. Most/all of us would do the same - you look after yourself and do what is best for you, your family, and your future. More money, better living conditions, there are plenty of reasons to go. He is not messing the club around - he isn't doing a Mo Johnston by promising to sign and at the last minute leaving for a bitter enemy!

As a diehard fan it would be my dream to play for Aberdeen but when you can earn much more elsewhere, get a different challenge etc, why not. Personally I feel things can get stale playing the same teams 3/4/5 or maybe even more every single season. Moving on gives you a different challenge and something refreshing and new.

If he stays great, if he goes good luck to him, just like Hart, Clark, Nicholson, Anderson etc.

Don't blame him either but blame the club for letting things get this far without demanding an answer one way or another.

What annoys me most about afc is that they let key players get into their last year of contract.  I can understand to a certain extent with miller as he had an iffy first season but players like anderson, nicholoson should have been sorted out with extensions long before they were offered. 

You can blame the club to an extent about letting it get to this stage but they are so limited in what they can do. We cannot afford long term contracts, cannot offer overly attractive contracts, and are constantly looking for free transfers. We aren't prepared to offer an 'average' player long term deals and rarely do we sign a high profile talent who should get a long term contract. Unfortunately we are a poor club who will have a high turnover in players.

The blame is 10+ years ago or so for letting it get to this stage of debt etc. where we are broke.

Miller could stay at Dons

Published: 12/05/2008

ABERDEEN are hopeful striker Lee Miller will announce he is staying at Pittodrie within the next 48 hours.

Miller and his agent held talks with Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood over a new deal until late on Friday night at the team’s hotel in Glasgow.

Calderwood believes those talks went well but gave former Dundee United hitman Miller, who will become a free agent in the summer, a couple of extra days to think things over.

Calderwood said: “I believe things went positively, we’re now waiting to hear if Lee agrees.

“He’s gone back to speak things through with his family before making a final decision.

“It’s definitely not a no yet, which is encouraging. “Lee said he will give us his final answer as soon as possible.â€

ha ha! Lee's self esteem must be taking a right bashing here. He is obviously desperate to move down south and chase the bigger wages available. However, it's looking more and more like nobody actually wants to sign him. His agent will no doubt be putting in double shifts trying to get him fixed up, but if no club shows an interest by the end of the season, he'll be here next. Not cos he wants to but cos no other fucker will take him.

Gotta love modern day footballers.  :hammer:

Found it quite embarrassing that the ultras had a banner saying "Miller must stay" and also fans singing the same words.

At no point will I ever beg a player like Miller to stay at the Dons. Don't get me wrong, I would like him to stay but if he is that desperate to leave to bag himself some more money then fuck'm.

We need player at Aberdeen who chose to play for Aberdeen!