Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Worth A Look Thread

I see Paul Dixon (left back for Dundee) has opened talk with Dundee Utd.  I thought we were supposed to be in for him too?

You'd think they'd eventually get bored signing all OUR targets. Do they have worse scouts than us?

"Heh min, abehrdeen want this guy whey don't we sign him"?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. 2 - Paul Dixon

The left back position has long been a problem for us, I think we could do a lot worse than have a look at highly rated Scotland U21 international Paul Dixon of Dundee.

Dundee rejected a bid from Norwich last summer believed to be around £100k. Killie tried to sign him in the January transfer window but failed. His contract runs out this summer and will be leaving Dens Park

Scott Robertson from Dundee is also out of contract and would be a good signing, rumoured to be going to Tannadice, but I think Dixon is the better signing and would slot straight into our team.

Looks like he's off to Tannadice. ****  :hammer:

I get the impression that Calderwood needs some help identifying good players who could actually improve the team, so lets compile a list of available quality players for no-one to pay any attention to.

No. 1 - Marcel Seip

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...yle/7335091.stm

I've been looking on Plymouth forums fairly regularly to see how Anderson is getting on and just about everyone thinks this guy is the best thing since sliced bread, and rate him higher than Anderson.

Still got another year on his contract but has fallen out with Sturrock so might be able to get him for a small fee.

He wouldn't know a good player if he slapped him in the face.

Ok, maybe slightly unrealistic but i would love big Rob Jones beside Zander.  Money an issue and the fact he loves England but he is the type o player who we should be looking at.  An atractive mid fielder would be great but hard to find, choices are slim . . . . more loan deals i fear. hope a permenant move would happen. 

Place your bets, how long before Scott Calderwood joins . . . . . ? :o :o

won't be getting this lad then:

undee Utd fix up fee for Dixon

Paul Dixon

Dixon is out of contract with First Division Dundee

Dundee United have agreed a fee with city neighbours Dundee for defender Paul Dixon.

The 21-year-old is out of contract at Dens Park but the First Division club are due compensation for nurturing the left-back.

Kilmarnock were also keen on signing Dixon, who made his debut for the Dark Blues in July 2005.

But it appears he will be making the short switch to Tannadice if personal terms can be agreed.

Midfielder Scott Robertson, who captained Dundee last season, joined United under freedom of contract earlier this month.

won't be getting this lad then:

undee Utd fix up fee for Dixon

Paul Dixon

Dixon is out of contract with First Division Dundee

Dundee United have agreed a fee with city neighbours Dundee for defender Paul Dixon.

The 21-year-old is out of contract at Dens Park but the First Division club are due compensation for nurturing the left-back.

Kilmarnock were also keen on signing Dixon, who made his debut for the Dark Blues in July 2005.

But it appears he will be making the short switch to Tannadice if personal terms can be agreed.

Midfielder Scott Robertson, who captained Dundee last season, joined United under freedom of contract earlier this month.

I'm sure Jimmy and Willie are right on top of this, as per usual.

If he was one of our targets, I have the utmost confidence that JC and WM are working overtime to agree a similar fee with Dundee.

As such, I am 100% positive that Dixon will NOT sign for United within the next few days.

::) ::)::)

I see that Kilmarnock are looking at signing Craig Rocastle. He did a good job for Hibs when he was with them a few years ago. Worth a look?

No because we can't compete with Killie's ability to pay a £20k transfer fee and their wages they offer.  ::)

Guest ally s

I see that Kilmarnock are looking at signing Craig Rocastle. He did a good job for Hibs when he was with them a few years ago. Worth a look?

Can't remember him being anything other than a bit part player.  Not worth a look in my opinion.

Midfielder Craig Rocastle could win a second spell at Hibs after being invited for a trial.

The 26-year-old spent six months on loan at Easter Road from Chelsea in 2004 and is a free agent after being released by Port Vale.

Rocastle spent time with St Mirren this week and will train with the Edinburgh side for a few days next week.

"He did really well when he was here last time and it was a pity he left," said Hibs manager Mixu Paatelainen.

Rocastle chose to reject an offer to stay on at Hibs in January 2005, opting to join Sheffield Wednesday instead.

He has since spent a season at Oldham and with Port Vale, punctuated by loan spells at Yeovil and Gillingham.

"He is coming to train with us for a couple of days and we will see how that goes," added Paatelainen

Guest ally s

Fair enough he was obviously well thought of, I can't recall him being that great when we played them.

That said he's been released by Port Vale - a team who just finished in the bottom 2 of league 1. :-\

Guest ally s

releasd by also means 'we can't afford your wages anymore'

It does but the fact he was punted out on loan to a couple of clubs probably indicates wages weren't an issue.