Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Worth A Look Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye plays for Peterborough. Was league 2 top scorer with 29 followed by Mcgleish  :thumbsup:

Ahh ok, see these are guys we should be looking at, in a lower league to ours but they have the ability to score, not saying they'd score that up here but i reckon they'd score atleast 15 in our league if they can score 25+ downthere.

Completely agree. I doubt they will be on very much more and won't command that big a fee. We just need someone that is a proven goalscorer (apart from Lovell). I'd imagine that league two is quite physical so its not like they should get bullied off the ball easily.

Completely agree. I doubt they will be on very much more and won't command that big a fee. We just need someone that is a proven goalscorer (apart from Lovell). I'd imagine that league two is quite physical so its not like they should get bullied off the ball easily.

Yeah i watched the league one play off on friday, even though SOuthend got humped 5-1 from a very good DOncaster side i thought some of their players were really good, these are the leagues we should be looking at, i know they aint world beaters but they have to be better than Dutch nobodys and dundee united rejects.

As mentioned earlier in this thread I still think Andy Dorman would be a cracking signing. Also, Medhi Taoul from Killie looks a flair player who can unlock a defence. Supposedly attracting interest from Hertz, surely we're a more attractive prospect than them at the moment

Wathced the league two play off final between Stockport and Yeovil Town after the fa cup yesterday. The striker who scored the winner for Stockport,Liam Dickenson, looked quite decent, tall lad with really good feet - showed in his goal. If they dont win the final may be worth a wee look at buying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/7393798.stm

_44666170_dickenson_b282.jpg

Wycombe, I'd say plenty of bargains to be had in League One and Two, McGleish is getting on a bit, think Easters with Clarke and Anderson at Plymouth now, don't think he went there for £20 million though ;D . He was always about pace though never seemed to do much the times I saw him. Nicky Maynard (Crewe) impressed at the end of the season and Steven Gillespie (Cheltenham) has always impressed me, maturing into an excellent striker, if he stays at Cheltenham next season I would expect him to go for big money next summer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ally s

I see Paul Dixon (left back for Dundee) has opened talk with Dundee Utd.  I thought we were supposed to be in for him too?

Don't worry, lads. Jan Koller is mulling over his contract offer with a cup of tea and a custard cream in a wee cupboard room in the Dick Donald stand and will undoubtedly sign any minute.

Hope he'll pass the fitness test after being assualted the other night ;)