Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Worth A Look Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have cut a' the shit oot of the article about Ayr releasing players this weeks Ayrshire Post.

Looks like the boy Stevenston is setting his sights high ::)

Meanwhile, Ryan Stevenson, who scooped three player of the year awards, is playing a waiting game as transfer speculation mounts.

Stevo, who is under contract for another two years, has been linked with old club St Johnstone and Hartlepool United.

He said: “Full-time football in England appeals to me and my agent has told me Hartlepool have been watching me.â€

Chairman Lachlan Cameron stressed there had been no contact from other clubs but vowed that Stevo wouldn’t be sold cheaply.

He said: “Exciting players attract attention and I know that Ryan wants to play at the highest level but there has been no direct interest.â€

Guest bloo_toon_red

RE: Chimp Chokers

Hartlepool is famous for allegedly executing a monkey during the Napoleonic Wars. - see The Hartlepool monkey hanging - for more information.

Historians have also pointed to the prior existence of a Scottish folk song called "And the Boddamers hung the Monkey-O". It describes how a monkey survived a shipwreck off the village of Boddam near Peterhead in Aberdeenshire. Because the villagers could only claim salvage rights if there were no survivors from the wreck, they allegedly hanged the monkey.

"Monkey hanger" and Chimp Choker are common terms of (semi-friendly) abuse aimed at "Poolies", often from bitter footballing rivals Darlington.

I see Gary Breen's been released by Wolves. Don't know exactly which degree of ancient he is but he might be the experienced defender we need beside Zander.

I seem to recall Sunderland fans, during their very bad season in the Premiership tearing their hair out at him, despairing at how poor he was.

Past it IMO, just another Jackie Mac.

Think he's signed for someone like Coventry already though, so we're safe enough. Of course, it could have been that an item about Coventry was on SSN when i saw the banner bar saying Breen had been released, and i thought "fuck me, he's still playing?!", and then associated him with Coventry.

We need a left back - Ian Harte has been released. How old is he? Maybe seriously daydreaming that he'd come here but I remember him being a fair player.

I think we've needed a left back for about 15 years.

No point us worrying about that now.

Gavin Williams has been told he is free to leave Ipswich.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Williams

I remember seeing him years ago playing for Hereford in the FA Cup and tore his marker to shreds down the wing. Seen him play a few times since then and always looked a menace with the ball at his feet. From reading the link above, he seems to be a bit of a nutcase too.

I know we've probably got a replacement for this position, but Yuri Cornelisse who plays for ADO is some player. Some of his passing is awesome. Though it said he's an attacker, seemed to play more of a play maker role.

www.rtl.nl/(vm=/sport/rtlvoetbal/video/jupiler_league/)/system/video/html/components/sport/rtlvoetbal/miMedia/2008/week19/do_ado_-_vvv_internetsamenvatting.wmv_plain.xml

EDIT: for some reason the link won't work, but if you copy and paste it all it does  :thumbsup:

I know we've probably got a replacement for this position, but Yuri Cornelisse who plays for ADO is some player. Some of his passing is awesome. Though it said he's an attacker, seemed to play more of a play maker role.

http://www.rtl.nl/(vm=/sport/rtlvoetbal/video/jupiler_league/)/system/video/html/components/sport/rtlvoetbal/miMedia/2008/week19/do_ado_-_vvv_internetsamenvatting.wmv_plain.xml

Sort your link dude.

Worth a look?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=536028&cc=5739

Wathced the league two play off final between Stockport and Yeovil Town after the fa cup yesterday. The striker who scored the winner for Stockport,Liam Dickenson, looked quite decent, tall lad with really good feet - showed in his goal. If they dont win the final may be worth a wee look at buying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/7393798.stm

_44666170_dickenson_b282.jpg