Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League Playoff - BK Hacken vs Dons

On 25/08/2023 at 20:54, RicoS321 said:

The biggest problem with Sokler is that it's difficult to tell the difference between him and Miovski. The club have either got to stop playing them together or force one of them into a drastic haircut. Miovski was here first, so it really should be Sokler that takes the punishment.

One of them should grow a Bobby Connor-style tache. Then we can tell the difference

• Like 2

On 28/08/2023 at 10:04, OrlandoDon said:

As we recover from our worst game in a long time, I see Hacken lost 4-2 away to Gothenburg today. Were 4-0 down after 53 mins.

hacken 2nd in the league, Gothenburg 12th. Gothenburg had 29% possession!

Gives me some hope after that shit show of a performance on Sunday. Could see the home leg going to pens.

Heading up to Aberdeen for this one. Not seen us lose at Pittodrie under Barry Robson so Häcken are done for.

I suspect McGarry and McGrath were were deliberately on the bench on Sunday with this game in mind. We'll press them high right from the start. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sokler start too, some fresh legs. Be interesting to see if him and Miovski can play together. 

On recent form, Hacken are beatable. But if the version that won the Swedish league turns up then it'll be a test alright.

IMG_0877.thumb.jpeg.f7de0da1368c146e5ccc914f9ef3919b.jpeg

On 29/08/2023 at 17:30, Panda said:

Heading up to Aberdeen for this one. Not seen us lose at Pittodrie under Barry Robson so Häcken are done for.

I suspect McGarry and McGrath were were deliberately on the bench on Sunday with this game in mind. We'll press them high right from the start. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sokler start too, some fresh legs. Be interesting to see if him and Miovski can play together. 

On recent form, Hacken are beatable. But if the version that won the Swedish league turns up then it'll be a test alright.

IMG_0877.thumb.jpeg.f7de0da1368c146e5ccc914f9ef3919b.jpeg

Other than Duk for sokler that’s the team I want. Just don’t see Duk dropped, his pace is huge and he needs games to find fitness/form.

1 hour ago, SeeBass said:

This for me is a match that we need to see Duk on top of his game.  He's had a pretty disappointing start to the season in my opinion. What a night to put things right.

This time last season I'd have happily see him moved on. Hopefully it's his thing to start seasons slow!

Home top on - tick

Taverna agreed to show game - tick

Mythos on draught - tick

Nerves kicked in - tick

Let's bring it on and COYR

Apologies in advance but the mix of too much sun, too much alcohol and the level of excitement will undoubtedly result in me posting even more shite than normal life his evening ( if possible ) 😉

Will not be able to have commentary on as they will also show PAOK with the sound up

Dropped someone off at the station,says the train is heaving with Dons fans,.....gutted I cant get to the game.

Fine night for it,second half of last week performance please,COYR

Prediction ...3 - 1 Dons  Duk to kick start his season with a hat trick

Aberdeen XI: Roos, Devlin, Rubezic, Jensen, Morris, McGrath, Shinnie, Clarkson, McGarry, Miovski, Duk

Subs: Doohan, MacKenzie, Barron, Hayes, Williams, Sokler, Polvara, Duncan, MacDonald, Milne, Dadia, Bavidge

Gus on the bench.Is that a 4 at the back? Or Devlin - Rubezic - Jensen with Morris and McGarry up the sides

Edited by Elgindon

Had the chances, never took them. Duk really isn't on it this season and Clarkson looks to have lost a bit of shine.

Shame as I think with them in form we win that. 

Bright spots mcgarry looks like the left side player we need. Hansen was fairly solid again and McGrath put in a good shift.

Midfield need to learn to drop the shoulder and shoot from 20yds. It all slowed down in the final third.

Whilst conference may be better suited. Make no mistake, we just lost to a team with 30 away fans.

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

well this is fun.
A defence that looks like its outnumbered every time Hacken come forward.
A striker who can't score a one on one
Another who falls over if someone breathes on him
And every other corner hitting the first defender

Two strikers who can’t score a one on one, unfortunately. 

We’ve not really played well all season IMHO. Concerning. 

Definitely had the chances and shouldn’t have lost that at all. Gifted them the win. Rubi is raw but really didn’t need to lunge in. I still don’t know how miovski didn’t have a hat trick tonight. Duk, what the hell has happened to him? I mind he started slowly last season but showed more promise. His head isn’t in the game at all so far this season.

It was a pretty even game in the end. I think if we took either the Duk or Miovski chance the momentum swings in our favor. Ruby didn't fill me with confidence but he was left horribly exposed at times. I actually wonder if the main miss was Ramadani tonight tracking back and breaking up play. I think the team has a lot of potential so hopefully coherency will come in time. Notice Robsons post match comments suggesting we may not be seeing any more transfer activity, not sure how I feel about that to be honest. Squad is still pretty threadbare but we all want to see some youngsters getting into the team and maybe this is there chance. 

• Like 1

That was a fucking disaster from start to finish. Rijeka was the last time I remember such a disorganised mess at pittodrie, and that was against a much better side and down to ten men. Gaping holes all over the pitch tonight and a manager incapable of changing it. Rubezic cannot play centre of a three, he's a garbage footballer, the Serbian Ash Taylor. That should be obvious to anyone, and if he hadn't got it into his head before tonight, after five minutes it was lasered into everyone's retinas (apart from Robson it seems). Jensen was a downgrade on McKenzie. If MacDonald wasn't fit, then move Jensen infield and have McKenzie on the left, get Devlin where he belongs and fire Morris into Jupiter. Those basic organisational changes just might have made a difference, however the midfield was way off it. You can't play Clarkson deep with McGrath in the team, and it's likely you can't play both of them at the same time at all, unless chasing the game or up against poor opposition. Shinnie was playing the part of three men in there at times. We're wedded to the 3-5-2, or variation of it, because we need to play Duk and Miovski. But Duk has been absolutely gash all season and is constantly losing the ball in our half. Just drop him and then you've got the option of multiple new setups. The guy was honking tonight and didn't put in the work at all (Miovski gets pass marks for his huge effort, despite his miss). His penalty dive was just typical of the anti football shite that plagues the modern game. Makes no attempt to take control of the ball, just simply touch it before the defender and throw yourself at him, safe in the knowledge that slow motion var will pick up "contact". The ref saw exactly what happened in real time in the context of the incident (as I did from very close up) and made the right call. Tell the guy to get up and play on. The problem is that folk will say that it justifies his inclusion, but he was an absolute liability who happened to get a lucky pen tonight. 

If that had been Hibs or someone tonight, we'd have lost. They were half decent, but we made them look far better. Robson is nowhere near getting his best eleven, and some of the new signings appear dubious at best (to be expected). He's decided on a system but has signed players that don't really fit it.