Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Europa League Playoff - BK Hacken vs Dons

What an ending to that one. Caught the second half and have to say that the subs changed the game tonight. Great to see McGarry doing McGarry things, was positive going forward and I was impressed with McGrath. Great energy, they were lucky to have 10 players left imo, but we should have nothing to fear next week. start that team that finished the game and we should be ok.

Devlin goal:

https://x.com/pselbs/status/1694782496846618923?s=46&t=eC-2zu-nW-L1yu1oNLyRlg

• Like 2

If the team that finished the game, except Sokler, had started it I think we win that comfortably tonight. Pretty confident we should put them away at home. 

Only concern is Miovski’s performance tonight may attract some bids before the window closes. As has been said he was outstanding tonight. 

That Miovski finish was world class imo, he knew exactly what he was doing.  Agree with Rico, I now have the fear someone will try and poach him before the window closes next week. 

The most key introduction for me was MacDonald and moving Devlin to rwb (and Devlin is starting to look great business incidentally).  All of a sudden we became solid and when mcgrath and mcgarry came on they couldn't handle us at all.  I think we will batter them at Pittodrie 2bh.  Pen is a joke btw, you can't even say for certain it even hit his hand. 

I don't think we will get a proper feel for what this team is all about until sometime in  October  but they clearly know how to fight for a result and that encourages me greatly. 

Edited by tlg1903

Of course I knew I was right! Said earlier in the week devlin at right wing back and we’ll see goals and assists. Although what’s he doing at the #9 and most advanced position for his goal!??

a week of training with mcgarry mcgrath and Jensen, plus I’m sure they’ll see minutes against st Mirren on Sunday, and that’s three solid additions for the 2nd leg. Assuming Jensen isn’t shite. Looking forward to the team we put out next week, plus a solid result. 

As someone famously once sang "Oh What A Night" that was.

On holiday and watched the game via a stream in a taverna with a bunch of bemused Greeks who have now adopted us as their Scottish 

Had to watch the end with sound down as volume turned up on big screen for PAOK game.

Got to confess to more than a little bit of a sore head this morning.

Miovski was outstanding last night.

McGrath is going to make me eat my words if he continues like that. McGarry very positive looking also.

Devlin's finish superb. Ross who ??

Morrice and Duncan didn't have great games, Polvara the weak link in the middle.

Squad taking shape nicely and good times ahead.

Anyway, two hours ahead here, it's my round guys, anyone want a Mythos or an Ozuo 😉

9 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

that’s three solid additions for the 2nd leg. Assuming Jensen isn’t shite. 

Even if he is, McKenzie was very good last night. Defensively very strong, and once MacDonald provided the balance, he began to get forward a little. He gets zero marks off for the penalty, which is just a failed change to the rules that nobody seems to accept. One shite cross field pass in the second too (which Morris neither went for, or tracked back after), but otherwise solid.

First half we were a defensive disaster mainly due to playing Morris and Duncan as wing backs. We basically had no cover in the wing back areas which they identified playing numerous high diagonals into, in particular, the right wing back area, dragging our centre halves wide to cover and  putting us under pressure. When we moved Devlin in there in the second half and brought on Angus McDonald the problem was sorted. 

Second half Miovski and Devlin were both outstanding, Shinnie covered every blade of grass and the McG's were both excellent when they came on. I also liked the look of Sokler.

Overall there was plenty to be positive about but we cannot start games with that line up very often and expect a result, particularly in Europe. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KGB said:

I also liked the look of Sokler.

The biggest problem with Sokler is that it's difficult to tell the difference between him and Miovski. The club have either got to stop playing them together or force one of them into a drastic haircut. Miovski was here first, so it really should be Sokler that takes the punishment.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

The biggest problem with Sokler is that it's difficult to tell the difference between him and Miovski. The club have either got to stop playing them together or force one of them into a drastic haircut. Miovski was here first, so it really should be Sokler that takes the punishment.

Could check to see if Hayes got any leftover peroxide 👱‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

It really is uncanny 😄 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Panda said:

Fans were superb tonight from what I could tell.

Was Miovski getting pelters from the home support, because he (and Devlin) both made a point of gesturing to the fans behind that goal when we equalised.

Devlin, Miovski, Shinnie, Duk and Clarkson all giving it big licks to the home support.

You can watch a different player each time 😅

https://x.com/aberdeenfc/status/1694998057782534277?s=46&t=qWaGzv2lOo4L5idOotq-Sg

Edited by Panda

1 hour ago, Panda said:

That Hacken red card might be slightly harsh. Makes up for the penalty I guess.

Ya think??? first impression he impedes miovski and he’s already been booked. It was his second yellow. Plus he takes him out around the neck/head. No brainer if you ask me.

40 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Ya think??? first impression he impedes miovski and he’s already been booked. It was his second yellow. Plus he takes him out around the neck/head. No brainer if you ask me.

Nowhere hear the head/neck. Miovski went down holding his face and the ref bought it. Harsh booking, we'd be raging if it happened to us.

Had it been a straight red rather than a second yellow, VAR would have overturned it.

IMG_0777.thumb.png.d97331d4e4984edc9379e2fe611abf07.png

6 minutes ago, Panda said:

Nowhere hear the head/neck. Miovski went down holding his face and the ref bought it. Harsh booking, we'd be raging if it happened to us.

Had it been a straight red rather than a second yellow, VAR would have overturned it.

IMG_0777.thumb.png.d97331d4e4984edc9379e2fe611abf07.png

Miovski was past him and could have got a shot in. It was a deliberate pull back and would be a yellow most weeks. I agree that the player makes a meal of it. There were a couple of times prior when Rubezic was in a similar position and he let the player go, which is what their defender should have done here. Great to see Miovski taking them on though, he should do more of that.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Miovski was past him and could have got a shot in. It was a deliberate pull back and would be a yellow most weeks. I agree that the player makes a meal of it. There were a couple of times prior when Rubezic was in a similar position and he let the player go, which is what their defender should have done here. Great to see Miovski taking them on though, he should do more of that.

Exactly this, it was a bookable offence all day long even if Miovski makes the most of it.  

Agree with the above comments re Miovski,defo foul,....but he needs to cut out that play acting shite

Watching the return leg on the box.Couldnt get through to ticket office,so luckily Beeb to the rescue. Be nice to shut up some of their slightly arrogant fans.COYR